Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LGBTQIA+

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

What's with the Q? Isn't that covered by the first two letters.

No
    Why include the slur? Is it it about taking ownership of the word like black people did with the N word?

It is only a slur in context.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Why are people so concerned with an acronym that other people apply to their community? These threads always seem to be started by those outside that community. It is weirdly obsessive.

Because they're pushing it on everybody else, and attention seeking of this kind tends to piss people off regardless of the context. The types who use incredibly obscure terms to describe themselves also tend to be the types who go off on long, lecturing rants for incredibly minor offences, and I think this is particularly anathema to Irish people since taking the piss is a huge part of our culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Because they're pushing it on everybody else, and attention seeking of this kind tends to piss people off regardless of the context. The types who use incredibly obscure terms to describe themselves also tend to be the types who go off on long, lecturing rants for incredibly minor offences, and I think this is particularly anathema to Irish people since taking the piss is a huge part of our culture.

who is pushing this acronym on you??? the only threads on it here are started by straight people. You seem incredibly upset by absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Winterlong wrote: »
    Trying to write a sentence without using any of the letters LGBTQIA is bloody difficult.

I'm just waiting for it to be recognised by the oxford dictionary as a word so I can use it in Scrabble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

No one's pushing anything on you. The only person responsible for the media you intake is yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

No one's pushing anything on you. The only person responsible for the media you intake is yourself.

100%

Posters have read a Daily Mail article and worked themselves up into a rage filled stupor about something that barely registers in our community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I was reading in today's paper about 2 women who were supposedly in the wrong bodies and we're undergoing a sex change to become "men".
    Before their surgery though they had babies through AI. Quoted as being shocked they were pregnant and though they were going against everything their bodies were saying to them (about being men) they had AI so they could feel like women.
    Talk about being messed up!

Can't understand their "shock" at being pregnant when they impregnated themselves. So much for really being men and hating being in a woman's body.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I was reading in today's paper about 2 women who were supposedly in the wrong bodies and we're undergoing a sex change to become "men". Before their surgery though they had babies through AI. Quoted as being shocked they were pregnant and though they were going against everything their bodies were saying to them (about being men) they had AI so they could feel like women. Talk about being messed up!

Yeah I read that. Only one of them was artificial insemination and there was no mention of shock...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Yeah I read that. Only one of them was artificial insemination and there was no mention of shock...

Mayne it depends on the paper it's in:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Mayne it depends on the paper it's in

A link would have been an idea then, wouldn't it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement