Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2019 - Round 13 Belgium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

"looks like we won't have Lewis' car ready before the end of Q1, blow up a Williams to give us more time."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Something up in LeClerc's car?

Edit: nope!

Jaysus, another red flag. Engine blow for Giovinazzi

• Registered Users Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Oh? That's a bit of a blow.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Giovanazzi had looked quick today as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭Inviere

3rd car up in smoke? Mad Ted.

All from new spec engines as well.

I don’t think Ferrari will have the new spec in until Monza so they should be ok.

Faugheen wrote: »

I don’t think Ferrari will have the new spec in until Monza so they should be ok.

Are you saying the Alfa has a newer spec then the works team?

flazio wrote: »
    Faugheen wrote: »

I thought that’s what I heard but on reflection that might have been Haas they were talking about.

I thought Giovinazzi was about to drive the low loader before remembering it's left hand drive over there.

• Advertisement

flazio wrote: »

Yup, Ferrari aren't running it until next weekend, but Haas and Alfa ran it yesterday.

Looking to keep the milage down apparently

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/145678/ferrari-explains-why-it-didnt-take-new-engine

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

That was all very scruffy stuff on the warm up there. Drivers tripping over each other all over the place

Good man Tim, doing the O'Glocks proud on the grid.

Jesus, huge crash in F2. Race red flagged and cancelled - hope everybody is ok

Cool_CM wrote: »

That was a terrifying accident. I think the arden was ripped in half. I hope that's not what it looked like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭JPF82

It was horrendous. Could see the feet of the driver in the upside down car as it slid up the track. Hubert's car split in two after he hit the wall and came back across the track and got T-boned by the white car. That was the driver whose feet I could see.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭podmu80

JPF82 wrote: »
    It was horrendous. Could see the feet of the driver in the upside down car as it slid up the track. Hubert's car split in two after he hit the wall and came back across the track and got T-boned by the white car. That was the driver whose feet I could see.

Horrific. Reminded me of the Alex zanardi accident in 2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Sadly the FIA have confirmed that Anthoine Hubert has died as a result of the crash.

doubledown wrote: »
    Sadly the FIA have confirmed that Antoine Hubert has died as a result of the crash.

Just saw the confirmation, horrific news. RIP

That's horrible - poor guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

Horrific crash, awful news. RIP

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,434 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Horrible news. Saw the crash. RIP.

I think it was one of those crashes that couldn't have been prevented. The barrier, used to protect drivers, caused him to bounce back into the track. So so sad to see someone killed doing what they love. He was only 22 as well. He had won 2 races this season, Monaco and his home GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,838 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

RIP, a terrible event.

I disagree about the possible prevention of the accident however, that Raidillon curve is notorious in tin top racing for the funnelling of cars and lack of run-off. As much as i hate the sterile modern tracks, they would have provided far greater run-off and room to manoeuvre for approaching cars to add that extra second of time and space. Cars are also at full acceleration there and unloaded under the high G and switchback nature of Eau Rouge into Raidillon.

In fact it could be curtains for Spa on the F1 calendar unless they can address this satisfactorily.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

It will not be curtains for SPA and if it was all drivers should just pack up and go home. Racing is a dangerous sport and drivers accept that risk.

RIP Anthoine Hubert died doing what he loved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭This is it

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 23,838 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

TCP/IP wrote: »
    It will not be curtains for SPA and if it was all drivers should just pack up and go home. Racing is a dangerous sport and drivers accept that risk.

RIP Anthoine Hubert died doing what he loved.

I don't disagree that he didn't or that drivers don't accept risks, but circuits have been modified before to mitigate risk, some that haven't have disappeared off schedules. There will be a conversation in due course I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,318 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Oh Jesus. I just saw the crash on YT. Horrible crash. It's heartbreaking to know that a F2 driver was killed in the crash.

My love & support goes to Antione Hubert's family. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,676 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Serious crash that. Terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,318 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Steve Jones just made the announcement of Hubert's death near the end of the F1 highlights coverage on C4.

• Advertisement

RIP, horrific news!

Advertisement