Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aladdin- Live Action 2019 - Guy Ritchie

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

tunguska wrote: »
    Saw this last night, going in with zero expectations. I havent even seen the Robin williams version so I had no preconceptions either. Have to say I loved it. Alarm bells went off when Will smith broke into song within the first 2 minutes.......Had no idea I'd signed up for a musical. Expectations were now even lower. But it won me over, songs musical numbers and all. It had this really positive vibe to it, good pure fun, a film you could definitely take the kids to without any fears. The screening I went to the entire audience broke into spontaneous applause at the end, which is something I never see happen. All in all a lovely film with a great message.
    have you been stuck a in lamp for years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Watched it tonight. Impressed. Loved Jasmines new song- Speechless Agree that Jafar (And the sultan) were pretty ropey tho

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭justinbellford

Aladdin and Jasmine were really good.

Jafar was a huge let down.

Genie was very middle of the road for me. Liked some things, others, I just missed having Robin Williams.

Updated versions of the songs worked most of the time.

6.5-7/10

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I liked the film but I never watched the original as a child, I only saw the original last week.

I felt uncomfortable watching the speechless song as it was obviously stuck in there because of this modern feminazi mindset.

I liked Will Smith as I was a big fan of him when I was young, the first CD I ever bought was his Willenium cd.

Watching this now. I want to love it but i really don't.

After the genie, the next best character in the original was Iago the parrot who is mostly absent in this film.

Jafar is about 30 years too young.

Also, I've worked with more beautiful Indian ladies than the actress playing Jasmine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,203 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

What the **** does that matter?!

I liked it, Aladdin and Jasmine both turned in great performances, genie was uneven as expected but not a car crash. Jafar was poor alright, the music makes the film same as the original and that new song speechless is actually really good, went down every well with my kids anyway.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,498 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DonnaNol

I love Robbie Williams's version of Ginny. But this remake came out better than I expected.

Advertisement