Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Key fob mini-cam - £8.39 delivered

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

Holy crap these things look impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

NTC wrote: »
    Just order 3, will make some handy (and fun) gifts.

Thanks guys.

Don't want them getting too popular or our cover will be blown!!:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭odonnellcarey

delly wrote: »
    Every now and again you stumble upon a BA thread that contains a product you didn't know existed and could happily go on in life without one. But once you read said thread, you know your live will never be complete without purchasing said wonder bargain. Damn you BA, damn you too hell!

So true.

It's bad enough how much BA costs me but this thread had me spending hours investigating the intricacies and specifications of camera #1, camera #2, camera #3 . . . . . . . . . . :confused:

I probably spent less time on research before spending hundreds on my "real" camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Hmm, attaching them to a ballon above my own house comes to mind, bird's eye view. Maybe go somewhere more exciting and do the same.

Attached to a bike wheel, spinning.

Record two side by side with red and green filters for 3D?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Amalgam wrote: »

:D Great idea, I wonder if it would work...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭odonnellcarey

Hmm, attaching them to a ballon above my own house comes to mind, bird's eye view. Maybe go somewhere more exciting and do the same.

Attached to a bike wheel, spinning.

I can see how we're gonna need a new thread somewhere on Boards for discussions and footage related to these little gems.

Can't wait to get mine. :D

Thanks to JustinOval for the BA and Amalgam for the link to Chuck Lohr's site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Think I oredered the wrong type - ordered it on eBay -- looks the very same in the pics but now I see it is talking about a ''TF'' card as the storage medium -- did I get the wrong type?

Think I oredered the wrong type - ordered it on eBay -- looks the very same in the pics but now I see it is talking about a ''TF'' card as the storage medium -- did I get the wrong type?

No, MicroSD is sometimes referred to as a TF card.

TF = TransFlash = MicroSD

If you buy Multi-Card readers from China, Deal-Extreme etc, often they have TF instead of SD, written under the card slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

No, MicroSD is sometimes referred to as a TF card.

TF = TransFlash = MicroSD

If you buy Multi-Card readers from China, Deal-Extreme etc, often they have TF instead of SD, written under the card slot.

phew - thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

imgonna get me one of these babies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

what are ppl gonna use it for.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

Placebo wrote: »
    what are ppl gonna use it for.......

I wonder how many ppl get into trouble in work or wherever after they purchase one of these for breach of privacy hah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Got a link to a model? Can't seem to work my way around that site at all!

hobbyking website camera link as requested

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=11867&Product_Name=Turnigy_KeyChain_Camera_with_2GB_Sandisk_High-Speed_memory

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭marrm

Got one. £5.98 on ebay.from China. :D

Some joker is selling them at £48 on ebay. From Ireland. Good luck to him. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭niallfullback

Could the OP confirm that the seller eto2buy in the link was the one he bought from and it had a yellow timestamp which it appears to in the youtube clip?

Been looking at the 808 link on them and this type seems the best so would like this one!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Sweet. Been looking for something like this to tape to my crash helmet when I'm quadding.

Could the OP confirm that the seller eto2buy in the link was the one he bought from and it had a yellow timestamp which it appears to in the youtube clip?

Been looking at the 808 link on them and this type seems the best so would like this one!:D

Yes. First post on this thread links to the seller I bought from, first video clip is the video I recorded.

You have to laugh..

A phone shop beside a Launderette up the road and across from The George (Dublin), on South Great Georges Street are selling this:
    Do-more wrote: »

For 90 euro as far as I can tell.

---

Maplins are selling this model, the MD80.

12521319040.jpg

For 90 euro. This has the same internals as the key fob models, but with a better case. The tech is the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭AARRRRGH

Where can you get one of those Wild Hawk planes too. I cant find them anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

I bought one of these on the back of a VW site thread (I saw JustinOval's vid there too). Oh loads of their vids there at http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=639123

It is hard to believe how good the quality vs money is. I taped it to a remote control VW bus and chased my dog around the yard, the perspective is crazy!

Here's the ebay one I bought,- e2buy, Hong Kong seller. It is the best one and arrived in a week or so http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250631012815&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

• Advertisement

Cool, where's the vid? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Now I want to get one of these quadcopters to strap it to, any insights?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

JustinOval wrote: »
    Cool, where's the vid? :D
    It is on one of the many many computers spread around the house.

Laziness is my main opponent to finding it, shrinking and uploading it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,376 ✭✭✭Tefral

You have to laugh..

A phone shop beside a Launderette up the road and across from The George (Dublin), on South Great Georges Street are selling this:

For 90 euro as far as I can tell.

---

Maplins are selling this model, the MD80.

12521319040.jpg

For 90 euro. This has the same internals as the key fob models, but with a better case. The tech is the same.

I bought one of the exact same with an 8gb card for 30 euro delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭MrAbc

RE the MD80 (belt-clip) version, eto2buy has those ones also (no memory, £12.49 inc P&P)...

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250643752851&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
    cronin_j wrote: »
    I bought one of the exact same with an 8gb card for 30 euro delivered.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Ok I just ordered one from the OP's link on ebay, now to see if I can change the angle of the lense inside and strap this to the cat's collar to see what the little fecker gets up to when he's missing for hours. Hopefully not in some aul wans house when shes in the nip.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭dromdrom

I read the first page of the thread and it said up to 16gb sd cards were supported...16gb automatically means SDHC does it not? Or are you able to get a non HC 16gb MicroSD?

Now wasn't that easier to say than, lol:)

These Hong Kong eBay stores are great value, but man, I hate waiting three weeks for something to arrive :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,385 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

These Hong Kong eBay stores are great value, but man, I hate waiting three weeks for something to arrive :(

Well there is a uk seller who has them for 11£ not incl postage

I usually find stuff from china doesn't take too long

maybe a week and a half

this is the seller I went with, since it's 720x480 hopefully it's one of the good ones? has been shipped, so would be nice if it gets here by end of next week
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-Key-Micro-Camera-Hidden-DVR-Video-Recorder-720-480-/320524053109?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Gadgets&hash=item4aa0b8ea75#ht_6964wt_812

Well hopefully it'll be here soon enough. I've no use for it, but can't wait for it.

An alternative here;

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Lighter-Spy-Camera-Spy-Cam-Camcorder-USB-Mini-DVR-DV-/390208209348?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item5ada38c1c4

Dunno what the quality'd be like, but if you're a smoker it could be useful. Especially if you don't have a car...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

This listing has ended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭larry1

Pretty solid review there. Very in-depth and informative. Cheers for the link, Larry.

Doesnt look like it's easy to tell the difference in whether its recording or turned off though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Just ordered one there, love the missing cat idea, but will use it on the motorbike/trackdays etc. Thanks for the link op!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Again, going to buy something from BA that I don't really need. Cheers :pac:

Going to try waterproofing this and using it as a weight for fishing :D
    Or maybe attach it to a kite / rc plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

can someone post a link please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

TPD wrote: »
    Again, going to buy something from BA that I don't really need. Cheers :pac:

Going to try waterproofing this and using it as a weight for fishing :D
    Or maybe attach it to a kite / rc plane.
    That would be cool :D :cool:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Excellent, definitely going to buy a couple of these - they are great for presents!

Can anyone point us to some good deals on Micro SD Cards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I've been trying to stop myself from buying one of these since the OP posted, I've managed so far but don't know how much longer I can resist:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Zascar wrote: »
    Can anyone point us to some good deals on Micro SD Cards?

£4.79 delivered here using FIFA20 as a promo code
    lindtee wrote: »
    I've been trying to stop myself from buying one of these since the OP posted, I've managed so far but don't know how much longer I can resist:(:(

Ye, im the same. I dont need it, but want one all the same :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

According to the YouTube review, this uses 1GB for every 11 mins, so you might want to go higher than 2GB. I've bought 4GB cards for £6.99 delivered from this guy, and they're on offer in Lidl for €11.99 next week.

[Edit: post crossed with Davy's; that's an even better deal on the card.]

Also trying to keep telling myself I have no use for one of these... :o

Yeah, a 2 gig will full up long before the battery dies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Curse this wretched forum; I just bought one from this seller, for £7.98 delivered, plus a 4GB card from mymemory.co.uk for another £6.39

Why, I could have bought a rind of drinks for that...!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

just bought one. damn you OP and Ebay. oh and paypal balance too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Seen this guy selling it also:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270587758554#ht_2503wt_1139

slightly cheaper, ordered one there for the quack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

do not go to lidl for the micro sd cards go to one of the little chinese phone shops you can pick one up for about 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Thanks op , ordered one tonite (dont know what i'll use it for though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

I notice there's also a higher resolution version available here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Seen this guy selling it also:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270587758554#ht_2503wt_1139

slightly cheaper, ordered one there for the quack.

hahaha, Thats probably the most expensive one posted so far :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement