Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post for everyone who QUIT evil fags

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭molly77

SnoozyS wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Am still here and smoke free :)
    Was away for the weekend so finally conquered the demon drink. Out with non-smokers so that made it easier. Also faced numerous delays thanks to Aer Lingus and still managed to not smoke so things are still looking good.

Molly - just a little blip! Dont let 2 smokes ruin everything that you've worked so hard for over the last 20+ days..........you CAN do it! Just think of the holidays ahead of you :p

S

Thanks snoozy well done u,

Dalan wrote: »
    God I was glad to read this from you Molly! I think you did really well to bin the rest of the pack. The easier road would have had you back at square 1, and miserable.

I'm doing good - thanks for asking. Yesterday was 4 weeks off, 4 7-day nicotine free slots. Wednesday will be my one month milestone. I have become very intent on kicking the addiction for good this time, one day each time. I am ready each day to give a good mental kicking to any junkie thoughts coming my way. Sorry to keep banging on about it, but I have got most of my ability to stop this time from reading on the Freedom From Nicotine message boards, linked to WhyQuit.com Every person on those boards has quit and not relapsed, so everyone's like dolliemix or snoozyS or navan here... I spend nearly an hour a day reading there, and expect to have to keep that up for a good while, but not for as many years as I've been smoking. And reading may make me a bit of a crashing bore but it won't make me smell or give me cancer.

Reading over what you've posted these last 3 weeks it sounds like it's not the first three days physical withdrawal is the hardest part for you, but the mental fixation that comes later. Same for me (my previous quits failed at 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 8 weeks, 10 days, 5 months, and 8 months). Probably the same for most people - the physical craves in the first week last a few minutes at a time, the mental longings once they kick off can go on for as long as we can concentrate on one thing... Learning how to deal with these thoughts is going to be the main thing. Keep finding out information, keep posting, remember your intention to QUIT EVIL FAGS and all your reasons for that intention... I will be rooting for you!

Yeah, hope shinshin's doing good... his posts have been one of the strongest anti-smoking stories on the thread.

Just while writing this I see snoozy is back home and still safe - yayyyy!!

Thanks Dalan
    Congrats I month fag free:) tap on de back for you. Yes i looked at whyquit .com, Keeping going anyway, one day at a time
    Thanks for ur support and everyone else great help. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sahs1

Went on a run......no lies, ran past a box of fags obviously thrown out of a passing car....slow motion like, I run past.....my eye's scan it...through the slight opening at the top.....I spy a pristine fag...........I run on.....leave it behind me!!!! So chuft, there were quit times before when I would have smoked a butt!! Three weeks in and slowly feeling better everyday....gr8 reading all your stories and it does help! Thanks :) Be patient with yourselves and think about today and how fab you all are.....!

Hi all ye non smokers
    Well day 28 - my little tiny relapse. Today cravings still there will they ever go away. Now have a question for everyone,
    What stops you when de cravings are very very bad and you say to urself feck this is to hard to give up i will have an evil one ( fag):mad:

4 weeks and one slip up. i suppose not bad for me who used to smoke 40 a day
    Total not smoked in 4 weeks = 1120 o ya minus 2 i did, Ah well no one is perfect :mad:
    saved € 480:P
    Best of luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dalan

Molly a month ago you were having to feed your blood and brain a cigarette every 20 minutes - your quit is amazing!!!
    One way of looking at it is it doesn't matter if you have cravings - or whatever you end up calling them. They may feel uncomfortable, but they aren't going to give you a serious long term health problem. They may be seriously peeing you off for a good few minutes today, but they don't carry a 50% chance of fatal smoking-related illness. Live with them, eventually they'll give up bothering us, is what the ex-smokers are saying.
    So far this time the cravings for me have not been as bad as they were last times I tried to quit, not as bad as they sound for you at the moment. When they do come up I don't think of them as cravings, I try to see them as b***s**t thoughts that need a good kicking. EG "I could really do with a smoke" = It won't be 'a' smoke, it will be back to the usual; within a few hours I will be stinking again, tomorrow morning I will be coughing and hacking like I was before, and the long term slope can only be downhill. I don't want that - so therefore I don't want a smoke.
    I go to the Freedom message board (e.g. http://ffn.yuku.com/topic/23423), put 'cravings' or something else into the search engine, and spend half an hour seeing what others who have just stopped or who've stopped for a few months or even years are saying about the subject - by the time I've read a few (and looked at a few pictures of diseased body parts and read a few heart-wrenching memorials) I'm able to remember what I really want, and that's not going back to full-time nicotine addiction this time again thank you very much...
    I remind myself that if I take one puff I'm back to square one. So I'll not be taking that one puff just now thank you very much...
    Every person who has stopped says that the thoughts about smoking and the wanting to smoke do get less as time goes on. This is still early days for us- we've got to keep thinking just one day at a time, or even an hour at a time, god or even 5 minutes. But eventually all those minutes hours and days will mount up and we'll be looking back at and forward to months and years of being free, and basically everything being better than it was when we were hooked on the gaspers...
    So good on you Molly for sticking with it, for starting the thread and sticking with it, you've done an amazing thing for yourself and others. Just watch out though for that 'one little slip' thinking, it's more serious than that - there's a law of addiction for us, and that means one hit and the brain is right back to square 1 of chemical need...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

Off da fags 2 weeks :D

I have a respiratory infection and Im eating for 6!

Tomorrow Im starting the next phase - healthy eating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

well done everyone = day 26 for me and I can't believe it tbh
    like other posters though am eating like a horse and will have to do something about that pronto...................

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭celticcrash

Well done everybody. 57 days off the cigs, The last few days I have being
    Getting a sense of freedom. My confidence was growing,feeling good, than
    A big craving the last half hour. I have to watch the highs as well as the lows

Being here before, just as I thought I have it made,bang smokey smokey and
    Back to square one, not tonight Josephine. Addiction is very tricky it will use
    Any mental situation to blind us, got to keep on my toes, keep that guard up.

A good jog in the morning should clear the head.
    Thanks to everybody on the thread, Its a great help coming on here
    And seeing every getting through this together.
    And remember
    Suck that oxygen into your lungs and know it is good to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭susanweir

Hello Molly77 and everyone else,

And thanks Molly for starting the thread. You are a hero!

First off, apologies for lurking for the past two weeks. Second, thanks everyone for all the support you didn't realise you gave me. There's a great, brave, gang of people here.

Am 21 days days off the 'evils' with the help of Champix. Smoked since I was 14 and smoked between 20 and 25 a day. Thats 32 years of smoking! Tried all the usual things, patches, nicorette, Allen Carr book, then Allen Carr seminar, Zyban, and Champix. Succeeded for a while (best was on Champix for 6 months) and always ended up going back. Have had another course of Champix tablets in the press for months this time before I got the courage to even try again.

Finally decided enough is enough! Have a beautiful daughter who is five years old and want to see her grow up. (And be able to run after her in the park!). My husband is a life-long smoker who has no intention of quitting, so
    I can't push that, but he has been really good about not smoking around me since I stopped.

Have had some terrible cravings (not that many, but some really close calls) over the last 3 weeks. For what its worth, I have a few tips that kept me going. Maybe some of you will find them useful. I need short term rewards, as well as the 'forever' (reduced risk of heart attack etc.) sort. The first thing I did was decide that I was spending all the money I saved on not buying fags on myself.

This is how I spent it so far: Week 1, I threw away the ashtray in the car and got it valeted. Smelt like new, definitely wouldn't want to ruin it with smoke. Week 2, went to the dentist and told him I'd quit smoking and got a scale and polish. Teeth lovely and white! Next Monday (day off), going to a chiropodist for the first time in my life to have my feet done! Each time I tell myself I deserve it because I am no longer poisoning myself! It doesn't really matter what you spend it on, so long as you enjoy it and know it's money that would otherwise have been spent on smoking!

Hope this helps,
    Keep it up everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Shinshin14

Hi Gang

Twenty nine day off the fags with the help of Champix and your postings plus my own determination to quit for good this time. I am going to do the three months on Champex as I feel I need this time to make changes to my lifesytle and change my attitude to smoking. For thirty five years I have programmed my subconscious mind take time for me to change this thought process.

When I am thinking rationally I can see through the brainwashing but all too many times in the past when the power of association is very strong or I am under stress rational thinking has gone out the window and I allowed the old brainwashing to lead me back to the trap again.
    So now I imagine a past trigger or triggers that led me to take a cigarette after quitting and plan how to deal with it without falling into the nicotine trap again. I then compare the results of my decision Whether I smoke or overcome the situation without smoking. This re-enforces in my mind that dealing with the event / problem or situation is the only option for me - the alternative is detremental to me and to all apsects of my life.

The past 29 days have been the happiest for me. I have a new zest for life, taking more care of my appearance, eating healthier and running and walking. My confidence in myself and my ability to succeed has increased. I am not getting too cocky and know that I am still an addict psycholgiocally if not physically and will take it one day at a time. Every day we stay smokefree is another step in quitting for good.

Went to Dublin for a bit of retail therapy today. Didn't go overboard and have not put up any extra weight YET so felt pleased with my purchases.

Well done to everyone. I envy ye and your willpower to be able to do it cold turkey but it doesn't matter how we achieve our goal -its getting there that counts!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and will be in touch during the week. ;)

Congratulations susan on your deciding to cut free from the evil fags, and sticking with it. It was great to hear you'd been helped by reading the thread. I have a little girl too, and she is one of the reasons I'm determined to not go back this time.

Thanks Shinshin for the clear thinking as ever.

I seem to have turned into an advert for another site - here's a link for some reading that's helped lift me over the weekend's challenges... http://ffn.yuku.com/topic/24855/First-and-Last-Quit?page=1

Keep it goin' y'all...

Hi Shinshin and thanks Dalan.

Glad the Champix is working for you too Shinshin. Well done on a huge achievement!

Dalan, that Freedom site is brilliant. I can really identify with what those quitters are going through. I have had at least 3 dreams where I smoked a cigarette and was disgusted with myself. What a relief to wake up and discover I hadn't!

Big test tonight. Going for a drink and then dinner with my husband for the first time since I quit. We will be in the smokers' section for the drink, as usual, as I can't deprive him of his ciggies. Gotta stay strong!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

That_Guy wrote: »
    Hey Stella. I'm off just over two months now. No patches or anything.

The key is to identify what makes you smoke and at what specific time of the day.

By identifying your "triggers" you can change your routine. For me, in the morning, I used to always just get up and smoke with a cup of coffee.

After dinner I'd usually have tea/coffee and a smoke but I changed that around and usually just have a herbal tea or something like that to try something different and get out of my usual habit.

Think of it as one day at a time. Stay strong. Seriously, it can be done.

I did/am doing it cold turkey.

G'luck.

:D - I love this post - change routine, triggers etc - so full of common sense (like the ideal weight loss book - eat healthy and exercise more - you will lose weight)

- I'm 3 days off the smokes now and I've realised I'm not gagging for a fag - I'm gagging for the coffee - but if I have the coffee I'm going to have a fag - so I'm taking the advice here and having a herbal tea

Talk soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭SnoozyS

Hey guys,

How we all doing this week? Molly....you've gone quiet?

Well, today is 4 weeks 2 days or 30 days smoke free :)
    1 month mark tomorrow and I cant believe how quickly it's gone. Have a bad head cold at the moment and can't figure out how I used to smoke my way through them!!! The things we do for cigarettes eh?

Well, hope we all doing well
    S x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,407 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Three weeks today! Had a bit of a rough week withdrawals wise but think i'm over the hump now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭celticcrash

Congrats everyone. I feel like I am over the hump, but it is still a very
    Dangerous time. I can go hours without thinking about a fag.
    And than bang the mental addiction is back.

Have to keep them gloves up, being mindful of the highs as well
    As the lows.

Suck that oxygen in to your lungs and know its good to be alive.

Well done Susan ur going great. We all know how hard it is, hopefully it gets better for us all soon, best of luck and keep posting. love de way u rewarded urself

Shinshin14 wrote: »
    Hi Gang

Twenty nine day off the fags with the help of Champix and your postings plus my own determination to quit for good this time. I am going to do the three months on Champex as I feel I need this time to make changes to my lifesytle and change my attitude to smoking. For thirty five years I have programmed my subconscious mind take time for me to change this thought process.

When I am thinking rationally I can see through the brainwashing but all too many times in the past when the power of association is very strong or I am under stress rational thinking has gone out the window and I allowed the old brainwashing to lead me back to the trap again.
    So now I imagine a past trigger or triggers that led me to take a cigarette after quitting and plan how to deal with it without falling into the nicotine trap again. I then compare the results of my decision Whether I smoke or overcome the situation without smoking. This re-enforces in my mind that dealing with the event / problem or situation is the only option for me - the alternative is detremental to me and to all apsects of my life.

The past 29 days have been the happiest for me. I have a new zest for life, taking more care of my appearance, eating healthier and running and walking. My confidence in myself and my ability to succeed has increased. I am not getting too cocky and know that I am still an addict psycholgiocally if not physically and will take it one day at a time. Every day we stay smokefree is another step in quitting for good.

Went to Dublin for a bit of retail therapy today. Didn't go overboard and have not put up any extra weight YET so felt pleased with my purchases.

Well done to everyone. I envy ye and your willpower to be able to do it cold turkey but it doesn't matter how we achieve our goal -its getting there that counts!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and will be in touch during the week. ;)
    Hi Shinshin ur doing brilliant well done, love to have ur determination ur so focus. keep it up

Hey guys,

How we all doing this week? Molly....you've gone quiet?

Well, today is 4 weeks 2 days or 30 days smoke free :)
    1 month mark tomorrow and I cant believe how quickly it's gone. Have a bad head cold at the moment and can't figure out how I used to smoke my way through them!!! The things we do for cigarettes eh?

Well, hope we all doing well
    S x
    O i am still here Snoozy. well done 1 month being a non smoker.:)

Hi all
    Being busy past few days. doing a bit of reserch for my holiday to Kenya:).

Still smoke free soooooooooo hard but feck it not giving in to de evil ones again. I am geting mean now that de money is adding up haha :D not wasting me money on fags.
    have to keep up my determination

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Hi Molly, was wondering how you are doing! Great to hear your Kenya plans are coming along.

I survived the outside smoking area on sat night with my DH long enough to down one drink and for him to smoke 2 fags. He offered not to smoke, but I wanted to see how it felt to be there and not smoke. My head was bursting with the craving. Wanted to scream.:eek: But I DIDN'T give in to it! On day 25 now, nearing the one month mark. Trying to think of what way to spend the money on next week's treat!

Well done everyone for staying smoke-free. It's such a vicious addiction. Keep strong!

Fair Play to everybody - I love reading this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Doogieboogie

Anyone mind if I join in?

Day 2 today, I have been thinking of quitting for ages, but with the year I've had (my husband died in February '10) I just never seemed able. I decided to take the pressure off myself by just seeing how I got on without them for a few hours. I finished a pack on Monday night, and deliberately didn't buy any more yesterday, and hopefully won't today. I've to drive later - driving will be the crunch, the first thing I do when I get into the car is spark up.
    Anyway, I've a tough few weeks ahead of me (1st anniversary etc) so I'm not going to be tough on myself if I relapse. The thought of saving €2K -€3K a year is spurring me on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

My sincere sympathy to you on the death of your husband.
    Well done on taking the big step towards quitting - I'm still hovering on the edge. I know I have to but I just cant seem to take that final step. I read this thread every day and I find it nudging me in the right direction. They're a fabulous group of people on here.
    Don't put youself under too much pressure and I'm sure the people on here will be a huge support to you.
    Best of luck:)

Anyone mind if I join in?

Day 2 today, I have been thinking of quitting for ages, but with the year I've had (my husband died in February '10) I just never seemed able. I decided to take the pressure off myself by just seeing how I got on without them for a few hours. I finished a pack on Monday night, and deliberately didn't buy any more yesterday, and hopefully won't today. I've to drive later - driving will be the crunch, the first thing I do when I get into the car is spark up.
    Anyway, I've a tough few weeks ahead of me (1st anniversary etc) so I'm not going to be tough on myself if I relapse. The thought of saving €2K -€3K a year is spurring me on!
    Wellcome Doogieboogie
    So sorry to hear about your loss. I hope your doing ok.

One day at a time, and if u happen to relapse dont worry you can start again. keep posting,

Day three, and I've managed a cinema trip without the traditional spark up afterwards. I am seriously gagging for a smoke, but I'll keep going. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭christy c

I might as well get in on the fun, off them since Monday evening after reading Allen Carr. Not doing too badly so far.

I'd recommend reading his book because he makes you see quitting as a positive thing, any other time I tried to quit I saw it as a huge sacrifice and therefore didn't last very long.

I better not speak too soon, it hasn't been three days yet!

christy c wrote: »
    I better not speak too soon, it hasn't been three days yet!

Three days off the fags fair play to you - as far as I'm concerned I haven't given up the smokes - I've just chosen not to smoke (since Saturday). I have one of those personalities the minute I hear the words "you can't have" - I have to have.

I've recognized my "trigger points" - morning time when kids gone to school, in car (stuck in traffic or waiting for a train to pass by). I still haven't had a cup of coffee and am going down the herbal tea route as suggested by another poster here.

Well done to you and everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sahs1

One month on Sunday and I really can not believe it! I never thought of myself without a ciggy within a foot of me every waking moment....I love that the panic of running out is gone.......I love waking up in the morning and realising again that I quit!!! And don't need nor want them.....body is still having the odd flap but it passes so fast and the mental monkey on my back is very much dying.......:) I love that my birthday is coming up and the biggest present I ever wanted for the past 5 years or more was to quit......!

Keep it up everyone and be very proud! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I'm kinda cheating. My initial plan was to give up completely but after 5days off them and a night out on the cards, I changed my mind and said I'd be a social smoker. So one night a week I smoke like a trooper when I'm downing pints. It's been over a month and no mid-week cravings but when Fri/Saturday comes...it's a different story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭NavanEPS

sahs1 wrote: »
    One month on Sunday and I really can not believe it! I never thought of myself without a ciggy within a foot of me every waking moment....I love that the panic of running out is gone.......I love waking up in the morning and realising again that I quit!!! And don't need nor want them.....body is still having the odd flap but it passes so fast and the mental monkey on my back is very much dying.......:) I love that my birthday is coming up and the biggest present I ever wanted for the past 5 years or more was to quit......!

Well done - I felt exactly like you and I had my 40th birthday without them!
    They no longer CONTROL me I DO!
    Keep up the great work everyone you will get there

sahs1 wrote: »

It's great to hear how your mental monkey's giving up the ghost. Well done on your first month - hope it's the first of many, for you and the rest of us kicking the habit here in .IE

Thanks navan for keeping a kindly eye on us here - appreciated!

(Quit: 26/12/10)

Snap sahs1,!
    One month on Sat for me. Agree with everything you said. Cant believe I got this far. The panic of going somewhere that you cant smoke is gone too.

Welcome Doogieboogie,
    you can be sure that everyone here is rooting for you. Well done on getting over the first three days. That is really hard!

Pappyodaniel, fair play to you if you can do that. If that was me, Id be out every night so I could smoke!

Welcome to the 'fun' christy c! ;)

Were waiting for you to join us too Shazanne!

Molly, dalan, deelite, and everyone else, keep it up! :D

Went for my consultation for a gastric band yesterday, they say they won't operate unless I'm 4 weeks smoke-free, so I have a very definite incentive not to smoke. This weekend will be a challenge, I've a night away, big group of people in a hotel, and I'm going out with my (chain-smoking) sister tonight!

I still have a scratchy cough and I'm still whistling/wheezing a little, but definitely not as much. I reaaally miss one after breakfast and while I'm in the car (same as deelite, as soon as the traffic stops, I normally light up!) but it's getting easier. I soon have to embark on a crazy pre-op liver-shrinking restrictive diet (don't ask!!) so that'll be a challenge - no food, no coffee, no smokes!

Keep it up folks x

(BTW - Am I the only masochist who reads the smoking forum?? Yes?!)

Wow Doogieboogie,

Sounds like you are taking on the world! Best of luck with everything.

And as for the smoking forum, ahem, another masochist here! :D Found it by accident, and I had a read of some of the posts. It was strange though thinking "I don't belong here!".

Good luck everyone for the weekend.

I don't know about taking on the world, but I've gotta take on my lardy ass :D

:D:D:D:D:D

Hi guys hows everyone getting on.

Went to pub sat nite and had a few:mad: well feck it.But back on track again not giving up I will keep trying, Its sooo hard. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

molly77 wrote: »

Went to pub sat nite and had a few:mad: well feck it.But back on track again not giving up I will keep trying, Its sooo hard. :mad:

Hi Molly. For what it's worth I think you are brilliant - and I genuinely mean that with all my heart. You are trying so hard to beat this and you are winning - even if at times you dont feel that you are.
    I am weak - I cant even get started! I keep putting it off until "the time is right". But I just keep finding excuses all the time. But I know I have to do it and I hope that, when I do, I will do half as well as you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭SnoozyS

molly77 wrote: »

Hey Molly,

Here's your sister! I just logged in to post the exact same thing :( Was out on sat night and gave into temptation after a few too many beers. Woke up yesterday morning feeling pretty crappy about myself but just decided to start sunday as a new day and work even harder in the future. Not gonna throw the last month down the drain.

Keep the chin up, and remember....we're all here behind you.

SnoozyS

Hi everyone (and in particular Molly and SnoozyS)

You are being very hard on yourselves. You should read Hotspur's post on the 'smoking relapse' thread in this forum. It makes a lot of sense to me.

Looking forward to the time, myself, when every day is not like an endurance test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Tail Wagger

Have a sister and her husband off the fag's now for three weeks, there doing well, sister suffering badly with her breading. She just has to stay off them..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,407 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Hey, don't be too rough on yourself. it's easy to slip, especially after one too many. It's a tough addiction to beat whilst sober, so don't go beating yerselves up for slipping up with alcohol on bord.

I made it to a month a few hours ago. Almost forgot to post! The cravings are lessening and am down to 2-3 2mg nicorrettes a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

Trying to pack them in off them since saturday (3 days) Cold turkey feel like crap(quitters flu) and very very irretable, but I'm positive and really look forward to being a non smoker(hopefully):D

Think there must've been something in the water this weekend - I also gave in after a few drinks! However, over the course of an afternoon & night's drinking (!! 4pm - 3am!) I had seven. I developed a tummy bug yesterday, so was no more inclined to smoke. Think I'm definitely back on the straight & narrow now.
    Here's to keeping it up!

• Advertisement

Shazanne wrote: »
    Hi Molly. For what it's worth I think you are brilliant - and I genuinely mean that with all my heart. You are trying so hard to beat this and you are winning - even if at times you dont feel that you are.
    I am weak - I cant even get started! I keep putting it off until "the time is right". But I just keep finding excuses all the time. But I know I have to do it and I hope that, when I do, I will do half as well as you.

Aw thanks Shazanne thats gud of u to say. When ye ready to give up u will. Ur not weak its just that ue not ready to give up yet, Your day will come, :)

Hey Molly,

Here's your sister! I just logged in to post the exact same thing :( Was out on sat night and gave into temptation after a few too many beers. Woke up yesterday morning feeling pretty crappy about myself but just decided to start sunday as a new day and work even harder in the future. Not gonna throw the last month down the drain.

Keep the chin up, and remember....we're all here behind you.

SnoozyS
    Hi ya Snoozy two of a kind:). Ya i felt de same as u. like crap. So hard though :mad: We will keep going :) Best of luck

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Hey, don't be too rough on yourself. it's easy to slip, especially after one too many. It's a tough addiction to beat whilst sober, so don't go beating yerselves up for slipping up with alcohol on bord.

I made it to a month a few hours ago. Almost forgot to post! The cravings are lessening and am down to 2-3 2mg nicorrettes a day.

Ok Sardonicat we wont. Well done one month fair play to ya :)

cravings mine never go away:( de little b,s

Think there must've been something in the water this weekend - I also gave in after a few drinks! However, over the course of an afternoon & night's drinking (!! 4pm - 3am!) I had seven. I developed a tummy bug yesterday, so was no more inclined to smoke. Think I'm definitely back on the straight & narrow now.
    Here's to keeping it up!

Hi ya D. I d say so. A we are all only human, keep trying best of luck:)

Well, have had no more since Saturday night. I was really ill on Monday, and the thought of putting a cig in my mouth made me gag! The rest of Saturday night's pack got 'donated' to my brother in law, out of temptation's way. I'm hoping it'll be plain sailing from here on in; no guarantees, but I'll do my best.

Keep it up, everyone!

• Advertisement
Advertisement