Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Superthread] Mayweather vs Pacman **NO STREAMING REQUESTS**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

I saw this just now watya think ? im a bit sceptical untill its confirmed

http://www.latinopost.com/articles/2654/20131231/boxing-news-2014-manny-pacquiao-vs-floyd-mayweather-guaranteed-to-happen-in-september.htm[/QUOTE]

Pacmans advisors have rubbished the claims but this "scource" got it right for the last two Mayweather bouts. wont hold my breath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

These topics should be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭runman

It'll be the biggest fight ever, money talks, it has to happen. I hope to god it does happen.

runman wrote: »
    It'll be the biggest fight ever, money talks, it has to happen. I hope to god it does happen.

That's what they said in 2009. 5 years later....*tumbleweed*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

No, it's not on. It will not be on until approx 2 minutes before they fight and they are both in the ring. Otherwise don't torture yourself, somebody will find a reason for them not to fight, rinse, repeat. How long have we been going through this? Must be the best part of 5 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

Yep , don't believe it either.

'Ducking' risky fighters is 'clever selection' in Mayweather's eyes.

Thats why he will never one of the greatest .....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Henno30

Couldn't agree more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

Pac is looking likely to fight Bradley or Provodnikov now, so this one is out for the next few months anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Yep , don't believe it either.

'Ducking' risky fighters is 'clever selection' in Mayweather's eyes.

Thats why he will never one of the greatest .....

Opposite is true, Fighting fighters who suit your style has been the Manny way under Roach and Arum.

Mayweather would and will if it happens go through Manny, Would be embarrassingly easy to be realistic, Manny struggles with the boxing skills of Marquez who Mayweather made look like a novice, This fight I'm not intyerested in, Would be a 1 sided beat down with 1 fighter hoping for 1 punch to land

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Henno30

cowzerp wrote: »
    Opposite is true, Fighting fighters who suit your style has been the Manny way under Roach and Arum.

So committed was Pacquiao to avoiding difficult styles he fought Juan Manuel Marquez four times.

• Advertisement

cowzerp wrote: »

Mayweather would and will if it happens go through Manny, Would be embarrassingly easy to be realistic, Manny struggles with the boxing skills of Marquez who Mayweather made look like a novice, This fight I'm not intyerested in, Would be a 1 sided beat down with 1 fighter hoping for 1 punch to land

As much as I hate posting in these threads I must say one thing: FMJ ducked Pacquiao and has as good as admitted it at this stage. In numerous interviews he has said that it's all about picking an opponent to maximise earnings and limit the damage he sustains. Which he has every right to do. But he does not have the right to do this and then claim he fought the best.

This topic is a black hole so I'll leave it that.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zindicato

Henno30 wrote: »
    So committed was Pacquiao to avoiding difficult styles he fought Juan Manuel Marquez four times.

wtf????:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Henno30 wrote: »

Yeah and getting decisions handed to him, And the fans demanded these rematches for them reasons.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

http://sports.inquirer.net/140591/pacquiao-to-mayweather-lets-fight-for-charity i wonder what the next excuse would be now..... its years too late but still would love to see this fight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

zindicato wrote: »
    http://sports.inquirer.net/140591/pacquiao-to-mayweather-lets-fight-for-charity i wonder what the next excuse would be now..... its years too late but still would love to see this fight

Piping up now that the Khan fight seems signed & sealed. Good stuff :rolleyes:

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Piping up now that the Khan fight seems signed & sealed. Good stuff :rolleyes:

khan has signed but last time ive read myweather's dad and manager and himself were questioning where khan got the contract from
    http://www.fighthype.com/mayweathernews/article15886.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

This is actually a fight I don't want to see, it's years past it's sell by date.
    Would have been one of the greatest ever around 2010.
    Pac is not the same fighter and I don't believe Mayweather is what he once was

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

It would sicken me to see Khan getting such an undeserved pay day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Venue could be Cowboys Stadium due to increased capacity. Far too much money for it not happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Not a drop of factual information provided for this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Not a drop of factual information provided for this...

Welcome to the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Mayweather's latest FB post is cringe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭badabing106

Its a shame they couldn't fight 5 years ago, when they were in their prime

If they fought now? Can you imagine the inevitable dodgy result that would incur ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

walshb wrote: »
    Mayweather's latest FB post is cringe!

Do tell....
    Venue could be Cowboys Stadium due to increased capacity. Far too much money for it not happen.

As much a chance as my back yard i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Do tell....

Below is what was written on his page. Below this is 3 pictures of Manny being dropped by JMM.

"My new boxing DVD is coming soon and is called "3 Ways to Sleep". Back, Face and Butt and I'm Falling & I Can't Get Up. Miss Pac Man is broke and desperate for a pay day. Your Pay-Per-View numbers are a joke."

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/p526x296/10348606_10152549777918113_8423301477586446275_n.jpg?oh=6b303b90cbf64cb534aeb62b2f17a970&oe=548778F6

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

God, what an arse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭blackbelt1

Pacman has digs and its alright but floyd posts anything and he's an ''arse''

Will you give it a rest lads he posted factual real pictures of pacman knocked the Fu^k out,if anybody can afford to slag someone in boxing its mayweather considering hes undeafeated after 47 bouts

Its says a lot about you if you get annoyed by a funny post on facebook its simple if you dont like what you see or hear dont follow him on social media or dont watch anything with him in it either,its not hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭badabing106

Floyd is a convicted wife beating scumbag. No amount of money can change that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭blackbelt1

Floyd is a convicted wife beating scumbag. No amount of money can change that

Didnt contest it so it wouldnt drag through the courts I thought? manny is far from squeaky clean from tax evasion to harbouring fugitives I wont even include peds in that,if you dont like mayweather dont pay the ppv to watch him and dont follow him on fb/twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

blackbelt1 wrote: »
    Pacman has digs and its alright but floyd posts anything and he's an ''arse''

Will you give it a rest lads he posted factual real pictures of pacman knocked the Fu^k out,if anybody can afford to slag someone in boxing its mayweather considering hes undeafeated after 47 bouts

Its says a lot about you if you get annoyed by a funny post on facebook its simple if you dont like what you see or hear dont follow him on social media or dont watch anything with him in it either,its not hard.

Are you one of these lads in your bedroom whose part of the money team?

Advertisement