Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Klitschko-Haye in doubt yet again, Press conferences cancelled....

Options
1262728293032»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,592 ✭✭✭✭walshb

eagle eye wrote: »
    Ah come on man. It was close to impossible for Wlad to look good in that fight. Haye was either running away or jumping in and diving to the floor at every given opportunity.

Reminds me of Akinwande when he fought Lewis. He just kept holding until he got dq'd. Did Lewis look good in that fight, not in the slightest but he was winning the rounds. Nothing he could do about the other man spoiling though and thats what Haye did.

Haye was negative, but he was not running away. Klit just doesn't have the skills to do all that much. What he does do is effective. His size is so importnat to him. Even when Haye was well in range Klit didn't do anything great.

I respect both brothers as champions; I am just not inspired by their talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

walshb wrote: »
    Haye was negative, but he was not running away.

Yes he was, he stayed out of range the whole time and shoulld have been trying to get into his own range, thats running away.

What we're talking about here is not slick footwork backed up by counterpunching, it was just get out of range and hope for the best..

Very hard to look good against that and for wlad to land almost 50% of his punches against this akward negative style is brilliant in my opinion

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

colly10 wrote: »
    Or maybe they value family more importantly than unifying the belts?

If me and my imaginary brother had all heavyweight titles, I would not be fighting him to unify the titles. If I win I get everything and leave my brother with nothing, I also ruin his legacy and he becomes a joke, I show I am the better brother. I would also be trying to knock him out because if we decided to fight I would have to take the fight seriously rather than do things by halves.

Anyone who would choose to do this against a brother they get on with has something seriously wrong with their character. You've mentioned it a few times, it has nothing to do with money or advertising, it is totally unrealistic to expect 2 brothers to fight to unify the heavyweight division

There's something wrong with me so !, I get on very well with both my brothers but would have no problems facing either of them in the ring and if World titles were on the line then all the better. I do understand not everyone feels this way though and I don't expect everyone to be able to do so. Would be very harsh on the parents as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,592 ✭✭✭✭walshb

cowzerp wrote: »
    Yes he was, he stayed out of range the whole time and shoulld have been trying to get into his own range, thats running away.

What we're talking about here is not slick footwork backed up by counterpunching, it was just get out of range and hope for the best..

Very hard to look good against that and for wlad to land almost 50% of his punches against this akward negative style is brilliant in my opinion

You reckon Haye would have eluded other fighters? He was there to be hit, albeit being a bit elusive; Klit just doesn't have the skill, or more importantly, the will, to hunt him down. Klit was very happy to barely keep in front, and that is his right, but that doesn't impress me. I guess that is just me.

Though, one probably can't blame Klit. He was probably terrified of getting hit flush, and possibly knocked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

He eluded Valuev for 12 rounds and would most heavies, he's a big cruiser so has speed advantages and when not committing it's quite easy to just hide and take minimum punishment especially against the super heavy weight types..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
Advertisement