Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jing Gong Steyr AUG (Civilian) advice

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

get a type 0 cylinder for the Aug its cheap as hell and will help the aug shoot straighter [assuming their still shipping them with mismatched type 1's]

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭theburi

0ubliette wrote: »
    one thing about the civ aug id tell you to do is, get a lo cap mag ASAP. the mag that comes with the jg aug isnt worth a **** to you, its a hi cap and its ****ing useless. you can fill the damn thing full and itll spit out a few rounds and thats it, it just stops firing. Aside fromt hat its a lovely gun, nice weight to it and looks great, but youll need a scope and a lo cap mag IMO.

Did anybody tried this mid-cap magazine? King Arms AUG Series 110 Rds Magazine? They are plastic. but cost $25 for 5.
    Low cap will be a pain in the neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

When I collected my Mp7 yesterday(it came in an evidence bag:p) It'd been tested but the bag of bbs with it seemed full. Do the TB have their own bbs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

theburi wrote: »
    Did anybody tried this mid-cap magazine? King Arms AUG Series 110 Rds Magazine? They are plastic. but cost $25 for 5.

sorry meand lo or mid cap, im sure either is better than the stock hi cap

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

theburi wrote: »

No way, low-caps own!!
    Teaches you how to pick your shots, and stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭moggins7

vtec wrote: »
    im trying to resist buying an AUG because of how fugly they are but they seem to outclass the M4s and G36s ect on range and ROF. I like the military one more than the civvie but its not leftie friendly.,

:eek::eek::eek: the aug A1 is probably the nicest rifle... its so slick... mmm cant wait to get my hands on one..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

No way, low-caps own!!
    Teaches you how to pick your shots, and stuff.

Theres something to be said for that alright. Knowing that you can fire full auto means you have an urge to squeeze that trigger and empty the mag in a couple of seconds. If it were a real AUG you'd only have 30 rounds in the mag, not 300 at once :p, so I guess lo caps give an element of reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭moggins7

not to be a pain and off topic again but this should help clear things up.
    the energy is kinetic so,
    E= 1/2 mv^2, so the velocity is

v=√(E/(.5m)) which is in m/s
    (mass must be in kg(.2g=.0002Kg))
    (and E=1j ;))

quite simple really:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭TheFlatulator

the AUG is a solid weapon if its anything like the real then it will be a solid gun, the mainthing to look for with them is that sights in the hand grip are set correctly, I have fired the real thing and a few of them had dodgy sites so i would say that it might carry over into the Airsoft version. Ergonomically they are a good design, they were initially a spec ops weapon but good for both mid and close combat scenario's...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 brettd

Hi. I have tried the BE lo and Hi caps, and both misfeed almost 100% of the time in my gun. Too bad, since the BE HiCap is nicely see-thru. The JG mag I have (came with the gun) also misfeeds, but that is rare if the mag is kept near max winds. Anyone know anything about these (above referenced) King Arms Midcaps in the JG AUG????? Right now I'm stuck out there with a sort-of reliable mag, and I don't like it much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭budda15c

brettd wrote: »
    Hi. I have tried the BE lo and Hi caps, and both misfeed almost 100% of the time in my gun. Too bad, since the BE HiCap is nicely see-thru. The JG mag I have (came with the gun) also misfeeds, but that is rare if the mag is kept near max winds. Anyone know anything about these (above referenced) King Arms Midcaps in the JG AUG????? Right now I'm stuck out there with a sort-of reliable mag, and I don't like it much.

I have those KA mid caps, which I use with my civi aug and I have never had any trouble with them and I've used them for about 1500 rounds with no problems at all.. A great buy, as high caps are a pain in the neck..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Jaya Van Maele

Shiva wrote: »
    You're right. A lot of people assume FPS to be the be-all and end-all. Its not. FPS does not equal energy, its merely a component part of what makes up the energy. A heavier BB will travel slower when shot at 1 joule, but it will still be 1 joule.

1 joule is 1 joule, regardless of whether its a .2g BB traveling at 328 FPS, a .25g BB traveling at 294 FPS, or a .12g BB traveling at 425 FPS.

Sorry but a sligthly heaver bb can sometimes travel faster in some guns
    Check out the profe on airsofthacks.com

by the way i do not mean a .30gram bb will travel faster than a 25gram
    For this to work properly the max weight you must use is .23/.25grams
    So basically a .12gram will travel slower than a .20gram

The point
    Ok its because the .20gr has more time to excellerate cause it stays longer in the barrel but once you go over .25grams it does the oppisete
    Sorry about my Crap Spellings only 13 but know alot about airsoft (but i no lots will disagree about my point and they may be right with some pellet guns)

But for example this will work on p90,ump,mp5,mp7 havent tested any other

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

That is a phenomena of short barrels, but is equivilant to very small changes in muzzle energy, a .9joule aeg will be safely under any energy limits regardless of weight, a .99 might be over or under when applying this effect, but an aeg shouldn't be that high anyway, as it will invariably go over with ambient temperature, air pressure or any number of factors.

Stick to .9 or .95 of a joule max, as a safety factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Sorry but a sligthly heaver bb can sometimes travel faster in some guns
    Check out the profe on airsofthacks.com

by the way i do not mean a .30gram bb will travel faster than a 25gram
    For this to work properly the max weight you must use is .23/.25grams
    So basically a .12gram will travel slower than a .20gram

The point
    Ok its because the .20gr has more time to excellerate cause it stays longer in the barrel but once you go over .25grams it does the oppisete
    Sorry about my Crap Spellings only 13 but know alot about airsoft (but i no lots will disagree about my point and they may be right with some pellet guns)

But for example this will work on p90,ump,mp5,mp7 havent tested any other

necro.gif

This thread is over a year old, was it necessary to bump it just for this?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Indeed

Thread Locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement