Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-09-2019, 13:34   #901
Peckham

Would agree with above.

If given the choice between getting a filling and getting the snip done again, I'd probably go for the snip!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-09-2019, 15:58   #902
Glebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peckham View Post
Would agree with above.

If given the choice between getting a filling and getting the snip done again, I'd probably go for the snip!
Thats a great discription and have to agree thats the same experience I had.
03-09-2019, 21:39   #903
spockety

Mod: DCU, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaniewicklow View Post
Can anyone tell me how sore is this procedure? Thinking about getting it done with Dr McCormick but can't get put asleep for it . Anyone who has actually got it done I'd appreciate some feedback
It is practically pain free as a procedure.
03-09-2019, 22:17   #904
Gavlor

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaniewicklow View Post
Can anyone tell me how sore is this procedure? Thinking about getting it done with Dr McCormick but can't get put asleep for it . Anyone who has actually got it done I'd appreciate some feedback
I’ve honestly had more uncomfortable hair cuts, not even joking. It’s a very straight forward process and any issues that may arise, as unlikely as that may be, will be post op and not during the ten min procedure. Absolutely no need to be asleep for it plus you’d miss out on the puff of smoke coming from your balls!!!
(2) thanks from:
04-09-2019, 13:13   #905
stratowide

Slightly uncomfortable at worst.

Its like getting a football kicked at you in the nether region's.

Try avoid looking up at the reflection of the doctor at work on the overhead light..
Thanks from:
Advertisement
04-09-2019, 17:28   #906
partyguinness

I was talking to a lad today who was telling me his son is now going for a reversal. He is 41 with 3 kids from a former marriage but new partner and all going to try for more.

£4,500.00 is the asking price.
Thanks from:
08-09-2019, 21:22   #907
AndrewJRenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavlor View Post
Absolutely no need to be asleep for it plus you’d miss out on the puff of smoke coming from your balls!!!
My brother told me he was initially wondering about whether the staff were cooking a few rashers for breakfast nearby.
22-09-2019, 19:14   #908
chrisbonnie

Out of curiosity, has anyone else had issues with epididymitis since getting there's done?

I had mine done in May, and have had epididymitis twice since. It clears up fairly quick with ibuprofen, but im just wondering is this going to be an ongoing thing, or just an initial issue?

Kind of annoying having a pain the balls every couple of months. Plus i don't like the idea of having to take so much ibuprofen for the rest of my life
18-11-2019, 16:10   #909
RockDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavlor View Post
Jesus lads I came in here to ask if there’s tax relief (med expenses) for my upcoming snip. Wish I hadn’t bothered now based on the two posts above!
Yes, you can claim 20% back on the Med1.

As for a loss of libido, just my opinion: Absolute rubbish, all in the head. Its probably got a lot more to do with fragile masculinity than your vasectomy. I was insatiable afterwards!
Advertisement
18-11-2019, 16:18   #910
worded

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockDaddy View Post

As for a loss of libido, just my opinion: Absolute rubbish, all in the head. Its probably got a lot more to do with fragile masculinity than your vasectomy. I was insatiable afterwards!
All in the head of your penis perhaps ...

Ask a mod to rename your boards ID to red blooded male or the like?

re mayo clinic:

Unfounded concerns
Many men worry that a vasectomy could cause serious problems — but these fears are unfounded. For example, a vasectomy won't:

Affect your sexual performance. A vasectomy won't affect your sex drive or your masculinity in any way other than preventing you from fathering a child. Men have even reported higher sexual satisfaction after a vasectomy.
Permanently damage your sexual organs. There's very little risk that your testicles, penis or other parts of your reproductive system will be injured during surgery. In extremely rare cases, injury to the blood supply can lead to the loss of a testicle, but that is unlikely to happen if your surgeon is skilled.
Increase your risk of certain cancers. Although there have been some concerns about a possible link between vasectomy and testicular or prostate cancer in the past, there's no proven link.
Increase your risk of heart disease. As with cancer fears, there doesn't appear to be any link between vasectomy and heart problems.
Cause severe pain. You might feel minor pain and pulling or tugging during surgery, but severe pain is rare. Likewise, after surgery you might have some pain, but for most men the pain is minor and goes away after a few days.
18-11-2019, 16:33   #911
RockDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by worded View Post
All in the head of your penis perhaps ...
Perhaps!!

All the same, some lads on here are nearly determined to find reasons to put a vasectomy off.

Maybe I'm lucky, had zero issues before, during or after.
18-11-2019, 17:24   #912
worded

Quote:
Perhaps!!

All the same, some lads on here are nearly determined to find reasons to put a vasectomy off.

Maybe I'm lucky, had zero issues before, during or after.
I heard if you get a docs referral you can get it on the public system for 150 dolla. The wait time is probably 9 months + LOL
18-11-2019, 20:14   #913
Drifter50

Quote:

Well I guess you are lucky so, does`nt mean everyone has the same experience.
18-11-2019, 20:29   #914
Gavlor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter50 View Post
Well I guess you are lucky so, does`nt mean everyone has the same experience.
I’m another lucky one so. Although the vast vast majority of people suffer no side effects so I’m not sure that lucky is the correct description.
Thanks from:
19-11-2019, 13:32   #915
LandoCalrissian

I am about 1 month post vasectomy

No issues to report at all - thank God

The process was extremely straight forward with minimal discomfort
Nurafen for a day or two

in and out of clinic in about 45 mins
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic