Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorolo Moto E 4g - 59 euro in Tesco

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

I have one on hold in Tesco Jervis St if anyone wants to take it PM me. I'm broke ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭RayCon

I've an iPhone 3G (yes , that old !!) that's about to die ... how much better than that is this phone ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

One or two left in Mahon Point.

RayCon wrote: »
    I've an iPhone 3G (yes , that old !!) that's about to die ... how much better than that is this phone ?

Anything is better than that! Jesus, the 3G is ancient at this stage! An antique. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭RayCon

Techmaster wrote: »
    Anything is better than that! Jesus, the 3G is ancient at this stage! An antique. :D

I like to think of it as a "collectors piece" ... *ahem* ... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Techmaster wrote: »
    One or two left in Mahon Point.

Really? I didn't see it on the shelves last night, and this morning (9am) I asked at the customer service desk and they said they had no Motorola at all.

Ix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

RayCon wrote: »
    I like to think of it as a "collectors piece" ... *ahem* ... :o

I think I still have an iPhone 2G in a drawer somewhere. They should get together sometime and reminisce about the good old days before the war with the Androids. :D

Seriously though, if you have any inclination at all to buy this then go for it. You won't regret it.

I picked up one in Killarney this morning as upgrade to my mother's phone and cannot believe how nice it is for the money.
    Full Disclosure: I am somewhat biased as I use a second gen Moto X myself, and the similarity in the E is obviously appealing to me. But I honestly think this is hands down the best value I have ever seen in a smartphone deal euro for euro.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

duridian wrote: »
    .... Full Disclosure: I am somewhat biased as I use a second gen Moto X myself, and the similarity in the E is obviously appealing to me. But I honestly think this is hands down the best value I have ever seen in a smartphone deal euro for euro.
    Wha?
    Even better than the Smart Turbo 4 for €30?

ixtlan wrote: »
    Really? I didn't see it on the shelves last night, and this morning (9am) I asked at the customer service desk and they said they had no Motorola at all.

Ix.

Definitely saw them last night. All the phones there are mixed up by the TV's at the back of the store. Go hunting there and you'll find one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

If you get it unlocked and stick another sim in it. How do you get the google updated for it. Do they come from Tesco, and/or do you need to stick the tesco sim in it to get it to work?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Anyone get a case for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Anyone know if they still have them in Ardkeen.

beauf wrote: »
    If you get it unlocked and stick another sim in it. How do you get the google updated for it. Do they come from Tesco, and/or do you need to stick the tesco sim in it to get it to work?

They'll be pushed to the phone itself, doesn't matter what network you are on when it is updated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

Any in Lucan maynooth celbridge area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Plenty in Gorey tonight, they were marked 129.99 but scanned at 59.99, that's probably why there was so many.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭mac1961

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Anyone know if they still have them in Ardkeen.

I got one there on Thursday evening. There at the customer services desk and there was one left at that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭madrichie

There's a couple in the Metro store in Naas, and better still they are scanning at 49 Euro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭A Law

Where about is the metro store in naas?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭mac1961

madrichie wrote: »
    There's a couple in the Metro store in Naas, and better still they are scanning at 49 Euro!

Are you sure they are the Moto E 4g as tesco were selling off the Moto E a couple of months ago for 49.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

mac1961 wrote: »
    Are you sure they are the Moto E 4g as tesco were selling off the Moto E a couple of months ago for 49.99.

Definitely the newer 2015 4g model. It's model number XT1524. The older model was XT1021.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭madrichie

Where about is the metro store in naas?
    Just on the blessington road. To clarify, it scanned at 59 but the bar code on the shelf was 49 so they gave it to me for 49

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Got on there in Tesco metro in Naas town, there was at least one left on the shelf.
    Put my vodafone sim in before turning it on & it works fine without the unlock code

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

Picked one up in maynooth just now. Guys there didn't know about it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

I saw €49 and €59 versions (advertised but out of stock) in a couple of Tescos this morning. From what I see above one of them would have been a 4g model and the other a non-4g model. Apart from the obvious difference (presence/absence of 4g support) are they the same phone, or is one years older and an entirely different spec?

Given that the phones aren't advertised online and the staff generally don't know a whole bunch about them, is there any way to tell what you're actually buying in advance of buying it? The XT codes aren't marked on the outside of the box from what I remember.

I don't use data much (and not for anything speed sensitive), so as far as I can tell I don't need 4g, so I may as well save the extra €10 unless someone says the €49 one is rubbish compared to the €59 one.

z

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

zagmund wrote: »
    I saw €49 and €59 versions (advertised but out of stock) in a couple of Tescos this morning. From what I see above one of them would have been a 4g model and the other a non-4g model. Apart from the obvious difference (presence/absence of 4g support) are they the same phone, or is one years older and an entirely different spec?

Given that the phones aren't advertised online and the staff generally don't know a whole bunch about them, is there any way to tell what you're actually buying in advance of buying it? The XT codes aren't marked on the outside of the box from what I remember.

I don't use data much (and not for anything speed sensitive), so as far as I can tell I don't need 4g, so I may as well save the extra €10 unless someone says the €49 one is rubbish compared to the €59 one.

z

Don't suppose you saw any in Dublin? Desperately seeking one of these at present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

The XT codes aren't marked on the outside of the box from what I remember.

It's on the box of the one I bought anyway, XT1524, staff didn't know of price reduction, maybe a typo in head office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

It said 4g on the bottom right corner on the front of the box
    Also the xt code was on the sticker on the side, hard to spot though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Is it a micro sim on these phones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Got last one in main Galway sc rang ballinasloe none left.59 bucks
    Thanks op

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭NATLOR

z
    Main difference is screen size 4.5 inch on 2nd gen, 4.2 on first,2nd gen is also running lollipop and has gorilla glass.My OH has the first gen and it a nice little phone certainly not rubbish but for an extra tenner the 2nd gen is well worth it

Advertisement