Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squat shoes

Options
  • 16-09-2019 6:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Looking for a recommendation for some squat shoes and where to get at a reasonable price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,205 ✭✭✭ongarite

What's your budget?
    Lifters for a beginner, novice or experienced weight lifter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

ongarite wrote: »
    What's your budget?
    Lifters for a beginner, novice or experienced weight lifter?

I was quoted 200 euro in a sports shop in town and woukd pay that if I had to . Well I'm not a novice to the gym but i am to squats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Have you considered a pair of converse? most lifters in my gym seem to just wear them

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

I got a pair of Adidas PowerPerfect shoes 5 years ago for 110 from D8 Fitness. Money well spent as I'm still using them. The elevation in the heel and the support definitely helped me develop my squat.

https://www.d8fitness.com/store/weight-lifting-shoes/

Definitely worth trying them on and doing a few squats to see if you like them.

Since they're the only pair of squatting shoes i've used i can't say how they relate to others. But i'd never go back to regulars shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Reps4jesus

I use adipower's and love them. Think they around 160 quid but if you are not in a rush you can usually get them on sale a few times a year that might knock 50 quid off them. Have them about 4 or 5 years and still in great condition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I'd go with Powerlifts but i see now D8 Fitness have Power Perfects for 90-100 as well.

I preferred Powerlifts to Power Perfects. The lower heel height suited me better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Check out this site, they're a shop based in Newcastle, I got my powerlifts from here for £45. Live in the UK so delivery was next day so probably 2-3 days to Ireland.

https://www.startfitness.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/index/?dir=asc&order=price&q=weightlifting%20shoes

Advertisement