Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training on holidays?

Options
  • 10-09-2019 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

I've started a 12 week fitness program which involves using weights and the other equipment (squats, leg press, chest press, lat pull down etc) at the gym. I've a two week holiday which falls during my 12 week program, how can I continue my training when i'm travelling?

I've checked out the hotel gym and it's got minimal equipment 2 bikes, treadmill, rowing machine and a few weights.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Oonagh123 wrote: »
    I've started a 12 week fitness program which involves using weights and the other equipment (squats, leg press, chest press, lat pull down etc) at the gym. I've a two week holiday which falls during my 12 week program, how can I continue my training when i'm travelling?

I've checked out the hotel gym and it's got minimal equipment 2 bikes, treadmill, rowing machine and a few weights.

squats/leg press
    Split Squat with Dumbbells
    Goblet squat with dumbbell

Chest:
    Push ups - varitions
    • On knees
    • arms higher than feet
    • Agaist a wall
    Pec flyes

Lat pulldown:
    Pullup
    • Negative only pull up
    • Band assisted pullup
    Inverted row - using a table if there's no bar

I enjoyed using this guy's app and ebook a few years back - his ebook was pretty cheap too. Might give you a few ideas on getting to work with limited equipment

https://marklauren.com/bodyweight/yayog-app/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I usually google local gyms and if they have a payg option, might work for you

Advertisement