Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pellet stoves

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Shefwedfan wrote:
    How big is the hopper on it?

40.00lt on our model.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Sophir wrote:
    Sorry are you talking about the wood pellets boiler stove in the house or a boiler outside?

Inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Juce

Hi
    We have a Ravelli R-Evolution 9 - 9KW ducted stove that is only 2yrs old. At this time of year, we always seem to have issues with it. We are having a lot of issues with pellet dust causing the auger to block, the pellets are new and we keep the stove clean. It seems now it is the motor that is causing the issue. We also get the stove serviced once a year by an engineer. Has anyone else had this experience with this kind of stove?

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Forge83

Juce wrote: »
    Hi
    We have a Ravelli R-Evolution 9 - 9KW ducted stove that is only 2yrs old. At this time of year, we always seem to have issues with it. We are having a lot of issues with pellet dust causing the auger to block, the pellets are new and we keep the stove clean. It seems now it is the motor that is causing the issue. We also get the stove serviced once a year by an engineer. Has anyone else had this experience with this kind of stove?

The pellets you are using are of poor quality. A good quality pellet will have minimal dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Earnshaw

Hi there,

Has anyone got a wood pellet stove linked up to Underfloor?

Looking to swap out a solid fuel stove with back boiler for a wood pellet - it's for a small house with <100m2 of floor area.

Regards,
    Ernie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 tomcamper

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I did do a bit of looking in Italy, they seem cheaper, especially the Innofire which was 1500 here and 900 in Italy....found one company who would ship for 200 quid but they didn't stock Innofire....it was Palazzai or soemthing.....I maybe would of save 100-200 but for such a large purchase easier to buy local as imagine trying to get fixed

Just like to know how the Stanley pellet stove is going as thinking of getting one myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1 parkBikeC

Hi,

I'm based in Cork too and am thinking of investing in the Ravelli Aria. Has yours worked out for you?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 coffeebreak

@beveragelady

How are you getting on with your Woodco boiler?

After 13 years our wood pellet boiler is giving up and needs replacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭beveragelady

Pretty good! I opted to have the automatic auger installed so I don't have to fill the hopper from the silo using a bucket. Life-changing! A few months ago I had the smart control installed. It's not a great piece of software and so far I haven't found a way to integrate it with the google home stuff but it has made a huge difference all the same.

Bearing in mind the woodco boiler replaced a veritable antique, the difference is huge. My house is tiny and holds heat very well, the problem was that the old boiler was costing me a fortune in pellets. The Woodco runs at a fraction of the cost, partly because the design is much more efficient and partly because the smart control means it's never running unnecessarily.

I'm sure you already know this but when I say 'smart control' I mean that I use an app on my phone to control the boiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Did the supplier ak Energy Super Store install it? Thank you.

What's peoples opinion on the Stanley insert pellet stoves?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭starlight09

Hello,

Sorry for jumping in here but has anyone got the Petite 6 pellet stove, just wondering if it is noisy

• Registered Users Posts: 13 robertc4022

Hi has anyone any reviews on stanley solis k100 pellet stove are they noisy. Give problems act

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13 robertc4022

Hi just wondering how your getting with stanley solis k100 looking at buying .could you please tell me is the fan very noisy.also sugar

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭Shoog

Anyone know if a good supplier in the North West. Made a few enquires but the way it seems to work is you contact a supplier who passes your details onto an installer who then never follows up.

Would be more than happy to fit myself as it's a fairly redimentary piece of DIY.

Looking for a good 8kw model in slimline design.

Advertisement