Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Playstation Classic

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Too late snagging one of these with Gamestop for €19.99
    Anywhere else offering similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Mine just got delivered, looking forward to playing around with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

got mine yesterday, struggling with usb/drive compatibility (I think)
    Manage to get bleem installed but can't get games on to it with the ui..
    Page won't load on Mac/PC?

Further investigation needed..

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

USB2 or USB3 drive? Are you using the OTG mod?

got it working with an old sandisk 16gb drive.
    Initially I had to put it in port 1 to get bleem installed.
    I could put it back in port 2 with games installed.
    Now to tackle retroarch...

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    USB2 or USB3 drive? Are you using the OTG mod?

I think my bigger drive (wd elements) is usb 3 which i presume is a problem.
    Not using the OTG as don't have an adapter.
    Ah it will just take me a while to get everything set up.
    Happy with it though, bargain for 20 euro..

Cheers for reply..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

For anybody who has hacked theirs, have you managed to get Jonah Lomu Rugby to work? I still have the original and a PS2 to play it on, but it's up in the attack and would prefer to get it going on the PS classic if possible!

For anybody who has hacked theirs, have you managed to get Jonah Lomu Rugby to work? I still have the original and a PS2 to play it on, but it's up in the attack and would prefer to get it going on the PS classic if possible!

I don't have a ps classic but I've tried Jonah Lomu on pcsx rearmed and gives a black screen with audio after selecting the language, is that whats happening to you?

I don't have a ps classic but I've tried Jonah Lomu on pcsx rearmed and gives a black screen with audio after selecting the language, is that whats happening to you?

I actually don't have a PS Classic yet, the main reason I would buy one is for a handy way to play Jonah Lomu, so was checking if anybody was able to get it working before I buy one!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Has anyone seen any recent deals on these? Looking to pick one up to 'enhance' for a Christmas present.
    I can see some on CEX for just over €50, and on Amazon.co.uk for about £42.
    Anything better than that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Lomu works fine on the psx emulator.

If anybody sees one of these going cheap in the Black Friday sale, can you post it up please? If I can pick up a cheap one, I will!

If anybody sees one of these going cheap in the Black Friday sale, can you post it up please? If I can pick up a cheap one, I will!

Not on sale on either Black Friday or Cyber Monday, disappointing :(

Not on sale on either Black Friday or Cyber Monday, disappointing :(

It seems these are no longer on sale new anywhere, apart from Amazon (where it will cost close to 50 quid delivered). All the used examples seem to be going for similar money, apart from one cheap one on Adverts, but that user has no feedback and the console doesn't come with the power cable or usb cable

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sure the PC Engine mini is coming and probably a much better use of your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Anyone know if USB extensions are ok to use with these?

Also wouldn't mind a recommendation of a powered USB hub if anyone has one, would like to be able to use both controllers with my own USB roms :)

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Sure the PC Engine mini is coming and probably a much better use of your money.

While I know the PS Classic was slated when it came out, I only want one to hack it and add a couple of games. I like the physical look of it, and I also want to play the games with actual PS controllers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

So it's been a while since these were released.

Has there been a 60hz hack released yet? Thinking about picking one up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

So it's been a while since these were released.

Has there been a 60hz hack released yet? Thinking about picking one up

Not sure if this is what you mean, but if you add the Autobleem mod, it just installs retroarch and uses whichever PSX emulator comes with that. So US games play at full speed (or as close to full speed that someone like myself wouldn't know better).

Probably not perfect emulation by any means, but its a huge improvement over the stock emulator.

Advertisement