Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using my fitness pal wisely

Options
  • 18-09-2019 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

So I'm getting use to be a frequent logger and I'm just trying to watch what I eat basically.. so getting down to the point of this thread I'm heading over to London for three nights in a months time and I don't want to be spending the break not enjoying myself so I was looking for tips to prepare myself in advance is it feasible to bank calories a week or two in advance to use up to leave my calorie intake at break even and stay with in my current weight.. should I get plenty of exercise in leading up to the date?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Easier to control your intake. Bit of a deficit in the run up, enjoy yourself without being a dope about it and then get back to normal after it.

I wouldn't worry hugely about logging everything or being a fastidious logger over the three days unless it's handy to do. It's a tool to help achieve a goal, not to be used for the sake of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Personally I wouldn't worry too much about. You will probably be doing a lot of walking over the three days if you plan on seeing a bit of the city.

Just make sensible choices, don't get the extra chips with the dinner, skip starter for dessert etc. if you are drinking shorts get a diet mixer, or a light beer. most importantly enjoy yourself, its 3 days not going to do much damage in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,293 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I wouldn't bother logging really, just don't go totally off the wall like others have said. I've sometimes just put a a quick add 5000 for the days and then not worried about it.

It's more important to get back on track when you're home, rather than to compromise your time away imho.

My n=1 is I use this for all breaks/ holidays. The initial weigh in can be a shock, but most of the time it's settled back just a bit higher after a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother logging really, just don't go totally off the wall like others have said. I've sometimes just put a a quick add 5000 for the days and then not worried about it.

It's more important to get back on track when you're home, rather than to compromise your time away imho.

My n=1 is I use this for all breaks/ holidays. The initial weigh in can be a shock, but most of the time it's settled back just a bit higher after a few days.

That's an understatement, I had a wedding I nearly cried when I saw the damage :D:D

Advertisement