Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awww .... my heart bleeds for them.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

Administrators already had to borrow from diocesan funds to pay the 60-odd priests

I wonder in what way the priests were odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Appoint a liquidator and wind it up.
    Prods might be interested in an acquisition, be fairly hostile though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

These are the accounts for my local church! If anybody is interested.
    51942473_2314308371935710_951835482315030528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=e5e380fb23fa3d8bcd1410ce5dab783a&oe=5CDB09EA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Sure all the Muslims keep blowing everything up. ALL of them. Send them all home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

NIMAN wrote: »
    So there isn't money to pay the priests

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/diocese-had-no-money-at-christmas-to-pay-priests-wages-after-decline-in-donations-from-parishioners-37826752.html

What a shame.

That's what happens when you commit terrible crimes, cover them up, and expect the sheep to let you away with it.

Thankfully, Ireland is finally waking up to the Catholic Church.

The church has more than enough money to pay priests. What they are saying is there wasnt enough in donations to cover the full cost of their wages.

I always thought priests took a vow of poverty.... :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

They should get more money

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

The church has Billions…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

One thing I discovered long ago. The lord loves the old cash

One thing I discovered long ago. The lord loves the old cash

Blessed are the poor

branie2 wrote: »
    They should get more money

I stand with priests

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Hopefully this and other religions will decline in this country.

I stand with priests

So do I

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Few people carry change or cash anymore. Time for the church to leave a contactless terminal in churches where people can tap and go.

The days of fumbling for change at the bottom of your wallet are long gone.

Few people carry change or cash anymore. Time for the church to leave a contactless terminal in churches where people can tap and go.

I usually bring a couple of euro along to Mass in my pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

PrayPal

Out of the ones I know who'd be good to the parish collection they'd barely have a standard ATM card never mind a Visa contactless card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Instead of handing out hail marys or our fathers as punishment for sins told at confession they should charge instead..

Young Jimmy O'Toole coveting the neighbours wife is gonna have to cough up 85 euro if he wants JC's forgiveness

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

As a former devout member of this organisation, I long for the day when it collapses altogether. A stain on humanity.

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Instead of handing out hail marys or our fathers as punishment for sins told at confession they should charge instead..

Young Jimmy O'Toole coveting the neighbours wife is gonna have to cough up 85 euro if he wants JC's forgiveness

That went well the last time they tried it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

A church tax on the faithful like in other countries would sort out their mess, it'll expel the fake Catholics. Only thing is there would be less people than ever attending their mass as money talks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Well they can hardly be seen to be flashing the cash. Sure then they’d be made pay the reparations that we’re still waiting on....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

Far better organisations than these have lost out to progress, like Xtravision.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

God will send them money if things get really tight. He’d hardly let his representatives on earth go poor and/or without wages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

God will send them money if things get really tight. He’d hardly let his representatives on earth go poor and/or without wages.

The church have billions stored away. God doesn't let them spend it in case she needs it for a rainy day

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

You'd certainly imagime that it has their back right enough, but then again when is the last time you saw a church without a lightning protector? Something doesn't really add up it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,000 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

These are the accounts for my local church! If anybody is interested.
    51942473_2314308371935710_951835482315030528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=e5e380fb23fa3d8bcd1410ce5dab783a&oe=5CDB09EA

Nearly 3grand a week collected at the door!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Well there's plenty money and wealth in the Vactican so that should take care of that.

Feel sorry for the many good priests that are out there though who believe in their calling and want to do right by their parish.

Always felt it unfair to label every priest as scum or dodge.

retalivity wrote: »
    Nearly 3grand a week collected at the door!!!

Population would be 3,740!

People would also give more move to the clubs/groups collecting at the door and the S.V.P on the way out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Out of the ones I know who'd be good to the parish collection they'd barely have a standard ATM card never mind a Visa contactless card.

Mouldy punt notes under the mattress since Italia 90.

To thine own self be true

Advertisement