Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Margaret has 7 kids. She believes in her "culture". What are the chances of her daughter finishing secondary school?

Sadly, her daughter has a greater chance of being married by 18 than she does of sitting her Leaving Cert.

The sons have a greater chance of going to jail than going on to third-level education.

It's not the fault of the kids -- it's the fault of the "culture" that all the do-gooders in the country are falling over themselves to protect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Shes wasting her time on FB - twitter is where all the liberals are at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Shes wasting her time on FB - twitter is where all the liberals are at.

You played a blinder yesterday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

How does a traveller amass a fortune like that.

What did her mother work at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

tretorn wrote: »

Fortune teller. All off the books .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Telling and amassing fortunes, talented lady.

Fortune teller. All off the books .

Leaving 100,000 Euro... Appropriate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

tretorn wrote: »

This thread just keeps going around in circles.
    Her mother had a serious accident and had a claim as a result. At least that's as much as I can remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Effects wrote: »
    Her mother had a serious accident and had a claim as a result. At least that's as much as I can remember.
    You mean a serious accident like the ones that we see staged all over the country by travellers? You know, the accidents where we have to pay ludicrous insurance premiums in order to pay for these scams.

• Advertisement

Kivaro wrote: »
    You mean a serious accident like the ones that we see staged all over the country by travellers? You know, the accidents where we have to pay ludicrous insurance premiums in order to pay for these scams.

No. I think she had an accident leaving her with a serious brain injury and unable to care for her daughter. Something along those lines.

When contacted by the Irish Sun, Mrs Cash said: “Whatever.”

Not very chatty about the money is she. Did anything ever come of the planned protest outside sdcc? Had the day off yesterday and I almost convinced myself to go for a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Peter Casey has accecpted the invitation to be a guest in travision.
    Casey is painful to listen to too so at least they have that common ground!

tuxy wrote: »

You needn’t worry. He won’t be let get a word in anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

TraVision should be good craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭Damien360

tuxy wrote: »

He is not a good speaker and gets talked over very easily. I listened to his 2 slots on Pat Kenny lately and although he had a few points, he couldn't get them across well at all. He is speaking from his heart and using common sense but using heresay. Not good qualities if you want to be a politician.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

TraVision is a scam to get free money. He's looking for thousands more too. He can't even get the mics working on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

TraVision should be good craic.

Now that you say that he does go on like someone on crack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,817 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Damien360 wrote: »
    He is not a good speaker and gets talked over very easily. I listened to his 2 slots on Pat Kenny lately and although he had a few points, he couldn't get them across well at all. He is speaking from his heart and using common sense but using heresay. Not good qualities if you want to be a politician.

They could also do a Late Late type interview on him. Just get a bunch of travellers who made no sense just to yelll at him from the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Surely, she can buy a house, sign something so that when the Trust fund is available, it goes to the Bank as a deposit?

Then.....Pay the mortgage like any other punter.........she would be able to buy a house down the country for under 200k

As for where the 100k came from in the first place:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

For the milionth time- her ma had a bad accident that left her disabled and unable to rear Mags.

That's her claim money.

• Advertisement

For the milionth time- her ma had a bad accident that left her disabled and unable to rear Mags.

That's her claim money.

Where did you read that? I ask because all I've seen is an article in the Sun and it didn't mention anything about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

From a post on Facebook apparently

Quote:
    Louise Rodgers This young woman's mother was involved in a life altering accident decades ago leaving her unable to walk,and brain damaged, unable to care for Margaret, her mother receiveda large claim as she had to be placed in the full time care of the mental health system for decades. Her mother was a ward of court when she was alive I'm sure the professionals managing her money helped her make a will, leaving what's left to her only child. I think the newspaper neglected to mention this to wind people up more and to create hatred and resentment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    From a post on Facebook apparently

Quote:
    Louise Rodgers This young woman's mother was involved in a life altering accident decades ago leaving her unable to walk,and brain damaged, unable to care for Margaret, her mother receiveda large claim as she had to be placed in the full time care of the mental health system for decades. Her mother was a ward of court when she was alive I'm sure the professionals managing her money helped her make a will, leaving what's left to her only child. I think the newspaper neglected to mention this to wind people up more and to create hatred and resentment.

that would explain why she was raised by her grandparents.

that would explain why she was raised by her grandparents.

She wasn’t. She always said that she was reared by an aunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Surely, she can buy a house, sign something so that when the Trust fund is available, it goes to the Bank as a deposit?

Then.....Pay the mortgage like any other punter.........she would be able to buy a house down the country for under 200k

I take it you have not applied for a mortgage in the last 10 years? She had zero chance of ever being approved for one..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Yeah that's true

"Margaret was raised by an aunt and left school at 12. She got married at 15 and went on to have seven kids; Johnny, 11, Tommy, 10, Rebecca, 9, Miley, 8, Jim, 4, Rocky, 2, Andy, 1.

She spent the first few years in a caravan but decided to settle when her eldest was ready to start school."

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/margaret-cash-homeless-miriam-ocallaghan-13119601

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Fair enough. Raised by somebody other than her mother then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

Maggie is back on Facebook today. The daughter who was dressed like a hooker for the disco recently is 9 today.

Poor girl

wow so the girl was 8 years of age dressed and posing like that!!! the mind boggles!!!

KrustyUCC wrote: »

Margaret was raised by an aunt and left school at 12. She got married at 15 and went on to have seven kids; Johnny, 11, Tommy, 10, Rebecca, 9, Miley, 8, Jim, 4, Rocky, 2, Andy, 1.

Somehow a 4 year old child called ''Jim'' is funnier than children being named Rocky and Miley.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Somehow a 4 year old child called ''Jim'' is funnier than children being named Rocky and Miley.

I thought Becca only turned 9 today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Bernard follows up on yesterday’s post. He has posted a long waffling video to describe how he has been excluded from an upcoming traveller conference.

https://www.facebook.com/100007227857780/posts/2242864719297768?sfns=1
    When it's Travellers that are attacking other Travellers in the movement and forcing other Travellers into other forms of deeper oppression. So virtuous and righteous that they are, that they needed to create a villain and while getting paid to support Travellers at the very same time. I feel that you have gone too far, for way to long and enough is enough.

Sindy Joyce
    Tj Hogan
    Martin Ward
    Padraig McLoughlin
    Martin Collins
    Involve (Traveller organisation)
    Minceirs Whiden Co-ordinator

And all else, is this democracy, is this how we are now treating Travellers or shall we all look the other way?

Slightly more literate today.
    People in the comments are advising him to contact a traveller mediation group.

Where did you read that? I ask because all I've seen is an article in the Sun and it didn't mention anything about that.

Why would the article explain where the €100,000 came from?
    It makes much more sense to leave that out so people can get outraged and jump to conclusions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Effects wrote:
    Why would the article explain where the €100,000 came from? It makes much more sense to leave that out so people can get outraged and jump to conclusions.

Sure all people had to do was read Mags FB page where she posted all about her future inheritance.

This thread is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen on this website.

You idiots deliberating whether this woman was raised by her aunt or by her grand-parents, and how her mother came to have 100k. Apply that question to your own families, and ask yourselves if it should be anyone else's business?

It's creepy, it's weird; you are creepy, you are weird. Here's a suggestion: behave like adults.

You idiots deliberating whether this woman was raised by her aunt or by her grand-parents, and how her mother came to have 100k. Apply that question to your own families, and ask yourselves if it should be anyone else;s business?

If I'm funding someone's life style through my taxes I feel yes it's my business. You if course have the option to ignore the thread. As an aside all my family works and pays taxes.

It's creepy, it's weird; you are creepy, you are weird. Here's a suggestion: behavwe like adults.

What does 'behavwe' mean? Why are you using ; and : ? Weird.

If I'm funding someone's life style through my taxes I feel yes it's my business. You if course have the option to ignore the thread. As an aside all my family works and pays taxes.
    I'm funding your roads, your schools, and your health service to a far greater extent than I'm funding traveller accommodation though my tax contributions. We all are.

I'm funding your roads, your schools, and your health service to a far greater extent than I'm funding traveller accommodation though my tax contributions. We all are.

Good for you, so you are entitled to comment on the state of all those things just as we are entitled to question the lifestyle of those who couldn't be arsed working that we support through our taxes and hard work. If you are hoping to get the thread closed, more persistent individuals have tried and failed.

the lifestyle of those who couldn't be arsed working
    Almost nobody (here or in the real world) who describes themselves as an employer, would hire a member of the travelling community.

The unempolyment problem doesn't just work one-way.

• Advertisement

You idiots deliberating whether this woman was raised by her aunt or by her grand-parents, and how her mother came to have 100k. Apply that question to your own families, and ask yourselves if it should be anyone else's business?

It's creepy, it's weird; you are creepy, you are weird. Here's a suggestion: behave like adults.

Adults like to discuss topics and have a debate about things. Only a dictating school teacher likes to stop discussion around a topic because it doesn't suit them.
    Margaret is pleading homelessness everyday online and still pops in the media so she will get discussed. Things like the €100k are relevant because this could totally change her circumstances and people will question whether or not people coming into this amount of money should be housed by the state. Which makes it other people's business. People are paying for her hosing, social welfare, etc and they wonder is the system being abused and could money be spent else where.

People are paying for her hosing, social welfare, etc and they wonder is the system being abused and could money be spent else where.
    That's for DCC to ascertain, and so far, they seem to have deemed her to be in need of social housing. As Luke Kelly said --

But these are more enlightened days
    No room for all these savage ways
    Leave and let them go
    Now every man may walk his road in peace
    For all are free!

That's for DCC to ascertain, and so far, they seem to have deemed her to be in need of social housing.

Yes and users can discuss if they agree with the decision or disagree with it and how they feel about it. It is a discussions forum after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Almost nobody (here or in the real world) who describes themselves as an employer, would hire a member of the travelling community.

The unempolyment problem doesn't just work one-way.

Why would you not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Deary fcucking me!!! What a load of slavering, pathetic, drivel.

Roughly translated as, “I don’t like a discussion forum being used to discuss the wanton, brazen antics of a criminal leech using the media to wring a free lifestyle out of taxpayers. Desist immediately from discussing the things I don’t want you to or I’m going to call you more names!!”

Get off the fcuking stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Deary fcucking me!!! What a load of slavering, pathetic, drivel.

Roughly translated as, “I don’t like a discussion forum being used to discuss the wanton, brazen antics of a criminal leech using the media to wring a free lifestyle out of taxpayers. Desist immediately from discussing the things I don’t want you to or I’m going to call you more names!!”

Get off the fcuking stage!

I think it's mags or her friends that wrote ah Hun you deserve it so much you don't give up you have worked so hard.....

• Advertisement

But these are more enlightened days
    No room for all these savage ways
    Leave and let them go
    Now every man may walk his road in peace
    For all are free!

You could easily apply that to a certain culture and not be a million miles off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I think it's mags or her friends that wrote ah Hun you deserve it so much you don't give up you have worked so hard.....

She's a natural grafter alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Bernard follows up on yesterday’s post. He has posted a long waffling video to describe how he has been excluded from an upcoming traveller conference.

https://www.facebook.com/100007227857780/posts/2242864719297768?sfns=1

Slightly more literate today.
    People in the comments are advising him to contact a traveller mediation group.

He wants to speak at the conference. They won't let him speak at it as they have speakers already.

He wanted to record it. They don't want him to record it as he's not setup to handle data regulations so they hired a 'settled' company.

How is this exclusion? You can't just approach any conference and demand to speak at or record it.

Naos wrote: »
    He wants to speak at the conference. They won't let him speak at it as they have speakers already.

He wanted to record it. They don't want him to record it as he's not setup to handle data regulations so they hired a 'settled' company.

How is this exclusion? You can't just approach any conference and demand to speak at or record it.

It's Bernard against the world. No-one realises his huge intelligence except himself. His 180 subscribers will be so disappointed.

It's Bernard against the world. No-one realises his huge intelligence except himself. His 180 subscribers will be so disappointed.

By the way, he actually described himself as a genius in a LinkedIn post.

52176108_2242574725993434_7855700213237809152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=fcf6ef778dc4e93acce4b46ca0a02f70&oe=5CF316C1

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement