Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old and forgotten Cartoon series

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Woody woodpecker and hong kong phoey eere my favorite, and peppy le pew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Trazan: Lord of the Jungle.

Foo-Foo

foo_foo_gogo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Aaahhhh!!! Real Monsters! Also Kipper the dog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

FOG, I'M THE ONE WHO MADE THE BET
    AND I KNOW WE'LL BE EXACTLY RIGHT ON TIME
    FOG IS MY NAME AND I COULD PLAY WITH MY LIFE IN MANY WAYS
    THAT'S WHAT THEY SAY

HERE I AM - A RIGADON
    I'M A TICO - D'MASCOTA
    IT'S MY TURN - THE GENTLE TOUCH
    A ROMY THEY LOVE ME SO MUCH

HEY NOW THEY STORY MUST GO ON
    'CAUSE A LOT OF TIME HAS GONE
    WE MUST BE READY
    TO GO AWAY

80 DAYS AROUND THE WORLD
    WE'LL FIND A POT OF GOLD
    JUST SITTING WHERE THE RAINBOW'S ENDING
    TIME - WE'LL FIGHT AGAINST THE TIME
    AND WE'LL FLY ON THE WHITE WINGS OF THE WIND

80 DAYS AROUND THE WORLD
    NO WE WON'T SAY A WORD
    BEFORE THE SHIP IS REALLY BACK
    ROUND, ROUND, ALL AROUND THE WORLD
    ROUND, ALL AROUND THE WORLD

Now that’s all your heads wrecked for the evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

Not sure if anyone has mentioned the following:

James the Cat,
    Dinoriders,
    Skeleton Warriors,
    Stoppit and Tidyup,
    Caption Bucky O'Hare,
    Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light,,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Tom Slick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E3cbcceGII&t=38s

This is the Dennis the Menace I remember from years ago that I knew wasn't the main ones that get mentioned!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E3cbcceGII&t=38s

This is the Dennis the Menace I remember from years ago that I knew wasn't the main ones that get mentioned!

Forgot about this. Just had a huge wave of nostalgia.. but the American version, lol

Forgot about this. Just had a huge wave of nostalgia.. but the American version, lol

Its mad how the English version was so different to American version. They even had the film based off of the American version and in fairness they got the likeness of the characters perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Mr Meanor

Going way back here, early memories.

Marine Boy
    used to love the minature subs, he took what I remember was a type of chewing gum to breathe under water and used a small boomerang as a weapon.

4cc8091b38e119399e7db50c5da50245.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Ulysses 31 was great.

I had such a crush on the blue girl with the little ball above her head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Ya i remember DJ Katt meself. There was some really random mad kids stuff years ago!

my younger brother was on DJ Katt,,came 2nd in the weekly video game thing. :D

I had such a crush on the blue girl with the little ball above her head
    she was no Cheetara :pac:

my younger brother was on DJ Katt,,came 2nd in the weekly video game thing. :D

I had me picture on the birthday yoke on The Den :P
    Came second on a kids song contest thingy on Rock 104 before it was FM 104 haha. None of them are on Youtube thank **** :D

she was no Cheetara :pac:

April O'Neil or nothing lads :P :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Not a cartoon exactly but I used to love Roland Rat, can’t remember if it was on bbc or utv. His sidekick wee-man was great fun.

Not a cartoon exactly but I used to love Roland Rat, can’t remember if it was on bbc or utv. His sidekick wee-man was great fun.

Roland even had his own radio controlled pink toy car back in the day. I'd image it would be a collectors item by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

And I think the most fun children tv from my time, was when Podge first came to the den. He was an evil character that used to pop up, for only one of the zig/zags. He was devious but hilarious, and he would appear out of nowhere. It all came to a conclusion with a Xmas special where he kidnapped Fr Xmas. It was such great tv. The Den was really fantastic kids tv back then, and was for many years after with Dustin and Snotzer.

And I think the most fun children tv from my time, was when Podge first came to the den. He was an evil character that used to pop up, for only one of the zig/zags. He was devious but hilarious, and he would appear out of nowhere. It all came to a conclusion with a Xmas special where he kidnapped Fr Xmas. It was such great tv. The Den was really fantastic kids tv back then, and was for many years after with Dustin and Snotzer.

Used to love when The Den used to do **** like that haha.

Podge was a creepy looking ****er for kids tv :D

I remember when Socky first came onto the show as well and all the buildup to that. The Den was class growing up obviously it went off the boil in the later years and as a child you could actually put up with Darcy so win win :pac:

I had me picture on the birthday yoke on The Den :P
    Came second on a kids song contest thingy on Rock 104 before it was FM 104 haha. None of them are on Youtube thank **** :D

Was that rock 104 yolk the one where they used to give ye loads of sweets as a prize? We got 100 macaroon bars off that one!

• Advertisement

Cockle shell bay

with Robin and Rosie.

Was that rock 104 yolk the one where they used to give ye loads of sweets as a prize? We got 100 macaroon bars off that one!

Ya big load of sweets and videos.

Your one who came ahead of me won a holiday though! :pac: Her ma had a sob story ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

There was nothing better than pulling your quilt off your bed at 5.50am on Xmas eve and parking yourself on the couch for the day in front of The Den.

I reckon I'd give a week of my life to go back for just one of those days, feck it, 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Podge and Rodge voiced by the same guys that do/did Zig and Zag

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Defenders of the earth was a good one flash Gordon and the phantom and a couple of others I think saving the world. Had a catchy theme tune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Top at!

unhappys10 wrote: »
    There was nothing better than pulling your quilt off your bed at 5.50am on Xmas eve and parking yourself on the couch for the day in front of The Den.

I reckon I'd give a week of my life to go back for just one of those days, feck it, 2 weeks.

Used to love that! I found few of those Den Christians specials on YouTube and remember watching them one year with me son. Of course The Snowman as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Top cat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭joeguevara

GreeBo wrote: »
    Top cat!

I have such a vivid childhood memory of this. Episode all about rubies and benny with a grass hula skirt and singing ‘aloha hoi’.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭E mac

Trying to think of cartoons I remember that have not been mentioned but all I can recall is 2 non cartoons which were on the Den 'Woof!' With it's annoyingly cheerful theme tune and 'T-Bag' a bit more obscure but I've memories of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

E mac wrote: »
    Trying to think of cartoons I remember that have not been mentioned but all I can recall is 2 non cartoons which were on the Den 'Woof!' With it's annoyingly cheerful theme tune and 'T-Bag' a bit more obscure but I've memories of it.

Woof was the one about the boy who would turn into a dog ya?

E mac wrote: »

T-Bag show was one of my favourite kids tv shows. It started in 1985 and ran to 92 (i think) and centred around finding a hidden artifact in each episode. Powers were gotten from the high T - plant with the baddie being T-bag. Really was a classic show (from what I can remember).

Other kids show was with Rod Hull and Emu with Grot bags. ALways remember him shouting 'somebody at the door'.
    Apologies for going OT as these are not cartoons.

Bananaman

Supergran

Danger mouse.

Batfink

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Count Duckula, the nanny always had a sling but it was like mary poppins carpet bag, anything and everything was contained there :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭E mac

Woof was the one about the boy who would turn into a dog ya?

Yes!

Jamie and the Magic Torch :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Captain Caveman, he was a defrosted Caveman who used to go around bashing people with a club. He hung around with the Teen Angels, three hotties who solved mysteries or something

Mainly remembered for him shouting "Captain - Caaaaaveman!" and then laying the smackdown on whoever was up to no good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Boomerang was definitely my favourite cartoon channel. Had some of my favourites like Wacky Races, Casper, I am Wesel, Cow & Chicken, Duck Dodgers, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Yogi, Smurfs, Scooby, Huckleberry Hound the list goes on and on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

A poster here reminded me of Johnny Bravo, one of the few cartoons I watched in adulthood that made me laugh out loud. I'm an adult a long time physically, mentally I'm not so sure.

• Advertisement

A poster here reminded me of Johnny Bravo, one of the few cartoons I watched in adulthood that made me laugh out loud. I'm an adult a long time physically, mentally I'm not so sure.
    I found out about an hour ago that Seth McFarlane was one of the animators on that show.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seth_MacFarlane_filmography
    As well as Cow and Chicken, Dexter's Laboratory and I Am Weasel.
    I watched all of those as an adult :o with a younger, but I enjoyed them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyknight

Bit before my time
    Tarzan : Lord of the Jungle

I have a feeling the animators used rotoscoping in it production

The Space Sentinels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭Darksoul

Dungeons & Dragons, Thundercats, Gobots,He-Man, Richie Rich, Top-Cat, Pink Panther, Brave-Starr,Captain Planet.

Used to love dungeons and dragons thought is was so ahead of its time and Thundercats was unreal.

Darksoul wrote: »
    Dungeons & Dragons, Thundercats, Gobots,He-Man, Richie Rich, Top-Cat, Pink Panther, Brave-Starr,Captain Planet.

Used to love dungeons and dragons thought is was so ahead of its time and Thundercats was unreal.
    Dungeons and Dragons never (officially) finished.. There was an unfinished episode.
    I remember looking it up years later and finding a script online,
    This I guess is a fan made comic book story version - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4WFXW-BzPk

Luckily Jayce and the wheeled warriors had an ending or I would have cracked... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭smilerf

Only had 1 series but I loved The Biskits
    Also The Snorks
    Asteriks was good
    Podington peas
    Shoe People
    Raggy Dolls
    Galaxy high
    The Smurfs
    Gummi bears
    Chip n Dale

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Not strictly a series (any of these) but serious nostalgia in them, and reading the thread :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭PerryB78

Anyone remember alias the jester?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

unhappys10 wrote: »
    Does anyone remember a cartoon about a giant dragon type creature, I think it was turned to stone and was trapped in a huge cave but could communicate somehow. It was evil and wanted to escape and had minions working towards that goal.

I can't remember any more details about it

Would it be The Dream stone? Dragon in a cave in that.

There was a cartoon I was trying to remember for years this thread inspired me to find it. It was called the Stone Protectors.

Was basically a turtles and trolls rip off. Anyone any memory of it? I watched a bit of the first ep. Its not good.

Compared to some of the classics mentioned here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

Deedsie wrote: »
    Would it be The Dream stone? Dragon in a cave in that.

There was a cartoon I was trying to remember for years this thread inspired me to find it. It was called the Stone Protectors.

Was basically a turtles and trolls rip off. Anyone any memory of it? I watched a bit of the first ep. Its not good.

Compared to some of the classics mentioned here.

Bingo, that's it!! Thanks, just googled it and watched a bit, that's the one, dragon in a cave with a jutting ledge where people talked to it.

Always loved Porky Pig as a kid. Rarely seen now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement