Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old and forgotten Cartoon series

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Woody woodpecker and hong kong phoey eere my favorite, and peppy le pew.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Trazan: Lord of the Jungle.

Foo-Foo

foo_foo_gogo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Aaahhhh!!! Real Monsters! Also Kipper the dog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

FOG, I'M THE ONE WHO MADE THE BET
    AND I KNOW WE'LL BE EXACTLY RIGHT ON TIME
    FOG IS MY NAME AND I COULD PLAY WITH MY LIFE IN MANY WAYS
    THAT'S WHAT THEY SAY

HERE I AM - A RIGADON
    I'M A TICO - D'MASCOTA
    IT'S MY TURN - THE GENTLE TOUCH
    A ROMY THEY LOVE ME SO MUCH

HEY NOW THEY STORY MUST GO ON
    'CAUSE A LOT OF TIME HAS GONE
    WE MUST BE READY
    TO GO AWAY

80 DAYS AROUND THE WORLD
    WE'LL FIND A POT OF GOLD
    JUST SITTING WHERE THE RAINBOW'S ENDING
    TIME - WE'LL FIGHT AGAINST THE TIME
    AND WE'LL FLY ON THE WHITE WINGS OF THE WIND

80 DAYS AROUND THE WORLD
    NO WE WON'T SAY A WORD
    BEFORE THE SHIP IS REALLY BACK
    ROUND, ROUND, ALL AROUND THE WORLD
    ROUND, ALL AROUND THE WORLD

Now that’s all your heads wrecked for the evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

Not sure if anyone has mentioned the following:

James the Cat,
    Dinoriders,
    Skeleton Warriors,
    Stoppit and Tidyup,
    Caption Bucky O'Hare,
    Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light,,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Tom Slick

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E3cbcceGII&t=38s

This is the Dennis the Menace I remember from years ago that I knew wasn't the main ones that get mentioned!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E3cbcceGII&t=38s

This is the Dennis the Menace I remember from years ago that I knew wasn't the main ones that get mentioned!

Forgot about this. Just had a huge wave of nostalgia.. but the American version, lol

Forgot about this. Just had a huge wave of nostalgia.. but the American version, lol

Its mad how the English version was so different to American version. They even had the film based off of the American version and in fairness they got the likeness of the characters perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Mr Meanor

Going way back here, early memories.

Marine Boy
    used to love the minature subs, he took what I remember was a type of chewing gum to breathe under water and used a small boomerang as a weapon.

4cc8091b38e119399e7db50c5da50245.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Ulysses 31 was great.

I had such a crush on the blue girl with the little ball above her head

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Ya i remember DJ Katt meself. There was some really random mad kids stuff years ago!

my younger brother was on DJ Katt,,came 2nd in the weekly video game thing. :D

I had such a crush on the blue girl with the little ball above her head
    she was no Cheetara :pac:

my younger brother was on DJ Katt,,came 2nd in the weekly video game thing. :D

I had me picture on the birthday yoke on The Den :P
    Came second on a kids song contest thingy on Rock 104 before it was FM 104 haha. None of them are on Youtube thank **** :D

she was no Cheetara :pac:

April O'Neil or nothing lads :P :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Not a cartoon exactly but I used to love Roland Rat, can’t remember if it was on bbc or utv. His sidekick wee-man was great fun.

Not a cartoon exactly but I used to love Roland Rat, can’t remember if it was on bbc or utv. His sidekick wee-man was great fun.

Roland even had his own radio controlled pink toy car back in the day. I'd image it would be a collectors item by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

And I think the most fun children tv from my time, was when Podge first came to the den. He was an evil character that used to pop up, for only one of the zig/zags. He was devious but hilarious, and he would appear out of nowhere. It all came to a conclusion with a Xmas special where he kidnapped Fr Xmas. It was such great tv. The Den was really fantastic kids tv back then, and was for many years after with Dustin and Snotzer.

And I think the most fun children tv from my time, was when Podge first came to the den. He was an evil character that used to pop up, for only one of the zig/zags. He was devious but hilarious, and he would appear out of nowhere. It all came to a conclusion with a Xmas special where he kidnapped Fr Xmas. It was such great tv. The Den was really fantastic kids tv back then, and was for many years after with Dustin and Snotzer.

Used to love when The Den used to do **** like that haha.

Podge was a creepy looking ****er for kids tv :D

I remember when Socky first came onto the show as well and all the buildup to that. The Den was class growing up obviously it went off the boil in the later years and as a child you could actually put up with Darcy so win win :pac:

I had me picture on the birthday yoke on The Den :P
    Came second on a kids song contest thingy on Rock 104 before it was FM 104 haha. None of them are on Youtube thank **** :D

Was that rock 104 yolk the one where they used to give ye loads of sweets as a prize? We got 100 macaroon bars off that one!

• Advertisement

Cockle shell bay

with Robin and Rosie.

Was that rock 104 yolk the one where they used to give ye loads of sweets as a prize? We got 100 macaroon bars off that one!

Ya big load of sweets and videos.

Your one who came ahead of me won a holiday though! :pac: Her ma had a sob story ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

There was nothing better than pulling your quilt off your bed at 5.50am on Xmas eve and parking yourself on the couch for the day in front of The Den.

I reckon I'd give a week of my life to go back for just one of those days, feck it, 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Podge and Rodge voiced by the same guys that do/did Zig and Zag

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Defenders of the earth was a good one flash Gordon and the phantom and a couple of others I think saving the world. Had a catchy theme tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,037 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Top at!

unhappys10 wrote: »
    There was nothing better than pulling your quilt off your bed at 5.50am on Xmas eve and parking yourself on the couch for the day in front of The Den.

I reckon I'd give a week of my life to go back for just one of those days, feck it, 2 weeks.

Used to love that! I found few of those Den Christians specials on YouTube and remember watching them one year with me son. Of course The Snowman as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,037 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Top cat!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭joeguevara

GreeBo wrote: »
    Top cat!

I have such a vivid childhood memory of this. Episode all about rubies and benny with a grass hula skirt and singing ‘aloha hoi’.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Trying to think of cartoons I remember that have not been mentioned but all I can recall is 2 non cartoons which were on the Den 'Woof!' With it's annoyingly cheerful theme tune and 'T-Bag' a bit more obscure but I've memories of it.

Advertisement