Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend a watch

Options
  • 02-03-2021 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

im looking for a simple smart watch , with GPS .

Basically at the moment im using samsung health app on my phone.

it was grand at the start, but now that my times are going down, i think i need something better.

the GPS on the phone is all over the place. i am doing 5ks at the moment, up at the GAA pitch.

i am finishing up in various spots on the pitch , sometimes over 100-150 metres apart .

i am looking for a watch that can track my progress during my run( samsung health is great for this), and have a proper GPS.

the main thing im worried about is having 1k splits, and average pace that sort of stuff on the watch .

can anyone reccomend a watch for above?

apologies for the long post .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

akelly02 wrote: »
    Hi guys

im looking for a simple smart watch , with GPS .

Basically at the moment im using samsung health app on my phone.

it was grand at the start, but now that my times are going down, i think i need something better.

the GPS on the phone is all over the place. i am doing 5ks at the moment, up at the GAA pitch.

i am finishing up in various spots on the pitch , sometimes over 100-150 metres apart .

i am looking for a watch that can track my progress during my run( samsung health is great for this), and have a proper GPS.

the main thing im worried about is having 1k splits, and average pace that sort of stuff on the watch .

can anyone reccomend a watch for above?

apologies for the long post .

Don't go fitbit anyway. It is a total PITA to run with.

Garmin, fantastic watch with a few price ranges and styles. Very good quality, hardy watch.

Polar and Suunto have never had but have heard good things.

This guy is great for reviewing products:
    https://www.dcrainmaker.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 13 david992

I had a lot of these watches, mostly fitness trackers. They are comfortable, quite cheap, and they have a lot of functions.  The simplest ones work for me, you can look at the more expensive ones with more features. Xiaomi will suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

a mate in work reccomended the garmin forerunner 35. around €150

seems resonable enough to me

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭KathleenF

I've a Garmin vivoactive 3 for the last year, would recommend.

Advertisement