Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

Is there any footage of Qotsa at slane 2003? Crazy line up that year

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Official statement was made on the leak, it was a hold your horses job as opposed to it being knocked off as having no credibility, be strange if it wasn't inevitable now.

I read/heard somewhere that an official statement is being made on Monday. Probably by Lord Mountcharles and someone from the band/management I'd say.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,809 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I read/heard somewhere that an official statement is being made on Monday. Probably by Lord Mountcharles and someone from the band/management I'd say.....?

band themselves preparing to announce their european tour as well soon, so could all happen around the same time

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    band themselves preparing to announce their european tour as well soon, so could all happen around the same time

Ian Dempsey tweeted it actually

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Bus in Barcelona appears to confirm ghost and Bokassa as support

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Bus in Barcelona appears to confirm ghost and Bokassa as support

just had a listen; don't rate either of them.

Ghost sounds very pop, bokassa super shouty

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Ghost are quite good live, really good show from them!

Never heard of Bokassa..

Throw in an Irish band and we've slane

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Ghost are quite good live, really good show from them!

Never heard of Bokassa..

Throw in an Irish band and we've slane

how about any of Slipknot (who will have new album) or Prophets of Rage, Smashing pumpkins (on tour)and system of a down (new album)? and Fontaines DC and I reckon you could have a good sell out slane right there.

Marketable as HELL!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Ghost would be lovely, though I know they're not everyone's cup of tea

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Amazing!! man gives opinion on 2 bands in 6 minutes. Impressive I personally don't have the ability to rate music that quickly so fair play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

how about any of Slipknot (who will have new album) or Prophets of Rage, Smashing pumpkins (on tour)and system of a down (new album)? and Fontaines DC and I reckon you could have a good sell out slane right there.

Marketable as HELL!

Now that could tempt me back to Slane.

If it was Metallica in somewhere like the 3 Arena I'd be getting tickets the morning they go on sale, but I'm very meh at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Amazing!! man gives opinion on 2 bands in 6 minutes. Impressive I personally don't have the ability to rate music that quickly so fair play.

You should see what he can do with book covers...

Hurrache wrote: »

If it was Metallica in somewhere like the 3 Arena I'd be getting tickets the morning they go on sale, but I'm very meh at the moment.

Not gonna happen.

It also stops bullets, butters toast and makes the lights go from red man to green 'go' man. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Not gonna happen.

Yes, I'm firmly based in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

It also stops bullets, butters toast and makes the lights go from red man to green 'go' man. ;)
    What have I done with my life?? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Marketable as HELL!

Going from what the internet says Slipknot are supposedly touring next year with talks of All That Remains joining them so surely they could make a stop here

• Registered Users Posts: 37,812 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It's possible we could see "Support TBC" next too Slane and all the other dates will have Ghost and/or whoever ??

Would Ghost really appeal to Lord Mountcharles and co ??? A satanic band lead by someone who thinks he's the pope ??

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

PTH2009 wrote: »
    It's possible we could see "Support TBC" next too Slane and all the other dates will have Ghost and/or whoever ??

Would Ghost really appeal to Lord Mountcharles and co ??? A satanic band lead by someone who thinks he's the pope ??
    Also if you play Stairway backwards...

It's a small Swedish fella having a laugh in a mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Hurrache wrote: »

Yeah I’d agree with that. Can’t stand slane. Too old for that shiite.

That said if System I’d a down were going to play I’d be there in a heart beat.

Would like to see Metallica but just not thaaat much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

At the risk of getting excommunicated, having seen Metallica twice (both in rds) there not that good. I seen the stones in slane in 2006(?) And it's a truly awful venue on a bad day. Getting out of it is a nightmare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

The Nal wrote: »
    Far fro it. Ill go abroad, as I've done plenty of times.

Any chance you could stay there ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 1DRose

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    At the risk of getting excommunicated, having seen Metallica twice (both in rds) there not that good. I seen the stones in slane in 2006(?) And it's a truly awful venue on a bad day. Getting out of it is a nightmare

Seen them 3 times in the RDS, twice in Marlay and a few times dotted round indoor venues in Europe.... I think they're great. In 10 shows I haven't been to a bad one! Each to their own! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,236 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

threein99 wrote: »
    Any chance you could stay there ? :)

Pay no attention.
    He has been on every thread that mentions Slane , just comes on to say how ****e it is (in his opinion) ..... Don't feed the trolls. :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 10,236 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

1DRose wrote: »
    Seen them 3 times in the RDS, twice in Marlay and a few times dotted round indoor venues in Europe.... I think they're great. In 10 shows I haven't been to a bad one! Each to their own! :)

True.. Cant deny the musicianship and songs are class....
    Just wish hed drop the "Are you there... are you Theeerere.... Metallica family " scripted ****e.....
    But I suppose most bands do that .....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Are you alive? How does it feel to be alive?

Oooh-yeaaaah! :D

Has it been confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭endainoz

Nope, looks like it'll be officially announced on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Official announcement at 9am Monday 24th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,812 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Official announcement at 9am Monday 24th.

oh god if it isnt Metallica than all hell will break loose here lol

Fully expect it to be Metallica and we wont get support til mid 2019 after they see how ticket sales go

I imagine a small allocation of tickets will be released and will 'sell out' and the gig will be announced as sold out but there will be many ticket releases til the event

Advertisement