Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Metallica for Slane 2019

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

89.50 + booking fee for general admission

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Patww79 wrote: »
    Awful pity they're not doing a regular one here too. Will try for that Etihad one.

Of all the dates on there, why in the name of God would you go to Manchester on a Tuesday?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Who dafuq would want seats at a Metallica gig? :eek:

The band probably :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Dire support.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Oh actually shortest straw description seems to match that of gold circle.

Ghost are really good live. We'll get a great show from them too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Dire support.

Never heard of the first lot but Ghost are brilliant and am really looking forward to seeing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Never heard of the first lot but Ghost are brilliant and am really looking forward to seeing them.

Few more acts TBC too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Must check out support. Keep seeing people say good things about Ghost live. Organisers expect to announce two or three more, but I presume they'll be further down the bill, so probably not very big names. Time to shelve those dream lineup thoughts :D

Hardwired set is good though if it's the same that they're playing this year. I assume we'll get Whiskey as one of the interchangeable songs that they play from Garage Inc.

Slane itself is a bit of a pain, but I enjoyed it once I was there (only the once for the mega RHCP year). Would be cool to see Metallica in that setting.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭aj89

I had always avoided Ghost, just because their image didn't appeal to me! Finally had a listen to them last night and I must say they are pretty good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Few more acts TBC too

Source?

I know there usually is more than 2 support bands, GnR had 3 (pretty average) bands before them last year.
    I think they need another 'Big' band to sell a few more tickets, will probably wait until after Fridays sales to see how its selling.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement

Won’t get dark until around 10pm that time of the year so most of the gig will be in daylight/twilight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

greenspurs wrote: »
    Source?

I know there usually is more than 2 support bands, GnR had 3 (pretty average) bands before them last year.
    I think they need another 'Big' band to sell a few more tickets, will probably wait until after Fridays sales to see how its selling.

Mentioned in a few of the write-ups: https://www.buzz.ie/entertainment/metallica-confirmed-play-slane-next-june-300557

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭klose

Source?

Have been the last two times at slane but fairly certain it's kicks off about half 2 no? So you'd expect another 2 at least. Thought kaiser chiefs were brilliant before the foo fighters in 2015, I like hozier too so that line up was enjoyable for me. Wasn't killed on Royal blood at gnr last time but they've a big following in fairness. Missed the other support acts as out bus got lost on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,927 ✭✭✭✭rob316

aj89 wrote: »
    I had always avoided Ghost, just because their image didn't appeal to me! Finally had a listen to them last night and I must say they are pretty good!!

Catchy af the last 2 albums especially, I only got into them in the last year or so and them supporting Metallica is real special for me.

Free copy of hardwired to self destruct with every ticket too! Postage fees apply if you want the hard copy. Digital is free.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

And the race for a hotel room in Dublin on a Saturday night for less than €200 begins.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Free copy of hardwired to self destruct with every ticket too! Postage fees apply if you want the hard copy. Digital is free.

also a live copy of the slane gig, mixed and mastered by engineers from the latest album to download.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,927 ✭✭✭✭rob316

horgan_p wrote: »
    And the race for a hotel room in Dublin on a Saturday night for less than €200 begins.....

dont even bother, this is what im doing

https://slanecamping.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

rob316 wrote: »

This is a better option.

720x469-Copenhagen-Strand-Facade-1.jpg

Won't be an óle óler within 800 miles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

rob316 wrote: »

Me too, I've done it twice, horrendous weather in 2015 for the Foo Fighters, one great day and one crap day for G n R last year so I'm deserving of some good weather karma for the third time camping there :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    so about 100 with all the charges

max service charge is €6.85, the olympia & 3arena might lash on another €1 salt in the wound fee, but slane should not.

So €96.35 online.

Might be already posted but some presale dates here
    https://www.metallica.com/worldwired-2019-presales.html

DUBLIN, IRELAND / JUNE 8, 2019
    LEGACY MEMBER FAN CLUB PRESALE
    Begins Tuesday, September 25 at 10 AM CEST.
    FIFTH MEMBER FAN CLUB PRESALE
    Begins Tuesday, September 25 at 11 AM CEST.
    SPOTIFY PRESALE
    Begins Thursday, September 27 at 10 AM local time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Love Metallica but up until recently I really thought they were past their sell by date. Recent shows have proven me wrong! But Lars...I'm a pro drummer at the weekends and listening to that dude is painfully bad. I wouldn't mind but he does have it but stopped practicing in the mid 1990's.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Elemonator wrote: »
    Love Metallica but up until recently I really thought they were past their sell by date. Recent shows have proven me wrong! But Lars...I'm a pro drummer at the weekends and listening to that dude is painfully bad. I wouldn't mind but he does have it but stopped practicing in the mid 1990's.

So a semi pro drummer then? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

that press conference was a bit cringe, all about me me me and the famile. Lord Mountcharles does seem a sound guy though (how is he related to the British royal family does anyone knw ??)

Looking at TM here are a few options

18245s.jpg

Areas available for sale:
    Gold Circle - Standing
    Standing
    VIP Castle Compound (Online Only)

VIP Castle Compound Includes:
    - Reserved VIP Car Parking
    - Premium Reserved Grandstand Seating
    - Panoramic views of the Entire Concert Site
    - Food Court, Coffee Dock & VIP Bar - (all cash basis)
    - Located beside the Castle
    - Outdoor Garden Furnished Area
    - Customer Care & Event Management team in attendance

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Don't fancy the 200 quid pit ticket. The idea of being outside it is a bit much for my poor brains to handle, because I gravitate towards hopping along and singing every word. I know I probably shouldn't but I get a bit disheartened and narky if I'm up fairly close to the stage at a gig and the people around me just have their arms folded/talking/on the phone. Being guaranteed to be a good kick around length back from the stage doesn't suit me at all.

We're going to Download for practically the same price and I'll probably lunge into the pits of 20 different bands of varying fame and quality. I'm too spoiled by that set up!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

EDIT: code has been snapped up now.

I have a presale code to give away. If anyone wants it: The first boards.ie member quoting my post will get it via PM.

Details:
    As we told you a few months back, we'll be returning to Europe for a stadium run in the summer of 2019! We're getting closer to announcing the dates but we wanted to get a jump on getting you your presale ticket code for the Fan Club presale beginning on Tuesday, September 25.

Legacy Member Presale Begins:
    Tuesday, September 25 at 10 AM CEST

Fifth Member Presale Begins:
    Tuesday, September 25 at 11 AM CEST

Both presales will end 72-hours later or when presale tickets sell out.

There will be a two-ticket limit per show. If additional Fan Club members live in your household, please use separate credit cards to place additional ticket orders to avoid any accidental order cancellations.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Me ? :)

Cant quote your message ??
    sabrewulf wrote: »
    I have a presale code to give away. If anyone wants it: The first boards.ie member quoting my post will get it via PM.

Details:
    As we told you a few months back, we'll be returning to Europe for a stadium run in the summer of 2019! We're getting closer to announcing the dates but we wanted to get a jump on getting you your presale ticket code for the Fan Club presale beginning on Tuesday, September 25.

Legacy Member Presale Begins:
    Tuesday, September 25 at 10 AM CEST

Fifth Member Presale Begins:
    Tuesday, September 25 at 11 AM CEST

Both presales will end 72-hours later or when presale tickets sell out.

There will be a two-ticket limit per show. If additional Fan Club members live in your household, please use separate credit cards to place additional ticket orders to avoid any accidental order cancellations.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

Me ? :)

Cant quote your message ??

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Don't fancy the 200 quid pit ticket. The idea of being outside it is a bit much for my poor brains to handle, because I gravitate towards hopping along and singing every word. I know I probably shouldn't but I get a bit disheartened and narky if I'm up fairly close to the stage at a gig and the people around me just have their arms folded/talking/on the phone.

Have you ever been to a Metallica gig? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

Is it just me or is it doubtful it will sell out on Friday?! I really can't afford to buy any more tickets before Christmas!

Advertisement