Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 12 Pro Max - you in?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

got charged for my pro max this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedLegend

peteeeed wrote: »
    got charged for my pro max this morning

Still no charge my end...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Something funny just happened.. I noticed an error on my delivery address (missing EirCode - even though it's on my Apple account), when I added it in my delivery date shifted forward a day.

This chap has a different view on the camera of the Pro Max compared to others I have seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Something funny just happened.. I noticed an error on my delivery address (missing EirCode - even though it's on my Apple account), when I added it in my delivery date shifted forward a day.

This chap has a different view on the camera of the Pro Max compared to others I have seen.

Mine was missing the county info and the Eircode. I called them to make sure they had all the details. Delivery date the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

just got my pro max case delivered by apple , took a pic next to my xs max

Emdx0i8XEAAG_wU?format=jpg&name=large

• Advertisement

Mine was missing the county info and the Eircode. I called them to make sure they had all the details. Delivery date the same.

I did it on Apples site, as it was going in I saw a note tht it could delay the delivery and my heart sank.. turned out to be ok, but I guess I’ll know next week if it delivers when it says it will. It’s only a day in the difference so I don’t really mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,851 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I'm going to bite the bullet
    what are peoples thoughts on going with either the regular, pro or pro max?
    im thinking the pro max might be a bit big.
    not sure what the benefit of going with the pro over the regular really is apart from a better camera? i think i read a steel case instead of aluminium, does that make much difference and is there anything else in the difference
    what about size? 128gb enough, i take it this is storage for pictures etc? i dont really take a lot of pictures

anyone care to recomend??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Seve OB wrote: »
    I'm going to bite the bullet
    what are peoples thoughts on going with either the regular, pro or pro max?
    im thinking the pro max might be a bit big.
    not sure what the benefit of going with the pro over the regular really is apart from a better camera? i think i read a steel case instead of aluminium, does that make much difference and is there anything else in the difference
    what about size? 128gb enough, i take it this is storage for pictures etc? i dont really take a lot of pictures

anyone care to recomend??

I went from an iPhone 11 Pro (with the three rear cameras) to the iPhone 12 with the two rear cameras). At times I do miss having that option to press the button for the 2X optical zoom (telephoto lens) when trying to get a closer picture of something far away - that’s the only time I miss it. The regular lens and the ultra wide lens are more than enough for most people. So that’s the camera stuff from my point of view. If you feel you need that third lens, get the Pro.

The aluminium case on frame of the phone allows for two things. The phone is noticeably a lot lighter than a stainless steel (on the pro) and it doesn’t pick up fingerprints. So it’s a cleaner look. The stainless steel shiny gloss finish on the Pro will attract a lot of fingerprints. It will come down to personal preference. I like the matte finish of the blue on the 12. You may prefer a more premium stainless steel.

The storage - are you using an iPhone currently? If so how much storage are you using? Can some of it be free’d up? If you’re using 60GB or more now you would be best served with the Pro starting at 128. If you’re less than that and don’t see yourself needing more in the long term, the 64Gb of the 12 is fine. I use 20GB on mine because my photos are in iCloud and not taking up space on the phone and I stream everything so I don’t need to save media to my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭pad199207

FourFourFM wrote: »
    I went from an iPhone 11 Pro (with the three rear cameras) to the iPhone 12 with the two rear cameras). At times I do miss having that option to press the button for the 2X optical zoom (telephoto lens) when trying to get a closer picture of something far away - that’s the only time I miss it. The regular lens and the ultra wide lens are more than enough for most people. So that’s the camera stuff from my point of view. If you feel you need that third lens, get the Pro.

The aluminium case on frame of the phone allows for two things. The phone is noticeably a lot lighter than a stainless steel (on the pro) and it doesn’t pick up fingerprints. So it’s a cleaner look. The stainless steel shiny gloss finish on the Pro will attract a lot of fingerprints. It will come down to personal preference. I like the matte finish of the blue on the 12. You may prefer a more premium stainless steel.

The storage - are you using an iPhone currently? If so how much storage are you using? Can some of it be free’d up? If you’re using 60GB or more now you would be best served with the Pro starting at 128. If you’re less than that and don’t see yourself needing more in the long term, the 64Gb of the 12 is fine. I use 20GB on mine because my photos are in iCloud and not taking up space on the phone and I stream everything so I don’t need to save media to my phone.

Any word on the battery life? Especially compared to your 11 Pro?

pad199207 wrote: »
    Any word on the battery life? Especially compared to your 11 Pro?

I’m finding the battery life very good but it would be anyway considering it’s a new phone and my 11 Pro was down to 83% maximum capacity.

For most situations it should be slightly worse than a brand new 11 Pro but if you’re coming from a device that’s a few years old where the battery has degraded, it should be a good enough improvement. Honestly with fast charging available it’s not a problem.

• Advertisement

My Credit Card still hasn’t been charged for a Friday delivery, should I be concerned?

RedLegend wrote: »
    My Credit Card still hasn’t been charged for a Friday delivery, should I be concerned?

No

Thanks very much fourfour.
    Believe it or not I've not had a smart phone in a few years. Tried coming off grid to get a life back. It worked. But it's hard nowadays to live without a smartphone as everything seems to have to pair with one somehow!
    Never had an iPhone, was always a top of the range HTC fan.
    Well used to Apple though, have Mac's iPods and iPads down through the years.
    I think I'll wait and see what the offer is from Vodafone when the come back to me regarding prices of the handsets. Leaning towards the pro. Think the max might be to big......... Does anyone else think that?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

RedLegend wrote: »

I paid with Revolut and payment changed from pending on Friday to completed on Monday morning. My delivery date is Friday 13th.

@RedLegend, if there was a problem with your payment method, Apple would email you and your order would not have moved to preparing for dispatch. When that happens you will also see it on the order status page.

They have probably already made sure it’s working before changing to that status and will charge properly when it’s shipped and you’ll receive a billing invoice a few days after delivery.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    @RedLegend, if there was a problem with your payment method, Apple would email you and your order would not have moved to preparing for dispatch. When that happens you will also see it on the order status page.

They have probably already made sure it’s working before changing to that status and will charge properly when it’s shipped and you’ll receive a billing invoice a few days after delivery.
    Has just been charged to my card now ðŸ‘ðŸ»

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Expecting 12 pro max 128gb on 13/11. Ordered on Launch.

I'll wait for the 59th day to get Applecare to spread out the cost!!

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Expecting 12 pro max 128gb on 13/11. Ordered on Launch.

I'll wait for the 59th day to get Applecare to spread out the cost!!

Im getting the same model, can't wait. What do you mean by the 59th day bit though?

Im getting the same model, can't wait. What do you mean by the 59th day bit though?

YOu have 60days to purchase AppleCare on a new Phone. I always wait until the last day to purchase AppleCare to spread out cost

• Advertisement

what does apple care get you?

https://www.apple.com/ie/support/products/iphone/

Have a read for yourself

Get love it cover it insurance covers everything including theft and use LOVE10 to get 10% off and of pay yearly you’ll get a free month

do you have to buy the phone from apple to qualify or if you get one from vodafone would you be able to get it?

can't find on that link any cost?

Apple said my phone is arriving tomorrow? that can’t be right?

Get love it cover it insurance covers everything including theft and use LOVE10 to get 10% off and of pay yearly you’ll get a free month

12 Pro max works out at €128 per year with promo and paying yearly you get a month free. Actually works out better.

Probably the Pro that you ordered

12 Pro max works out at €128 per year with promo and paying yearly you get a month free. Actually works out better.

Is this via loveitcoverit?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

did you check at 1am the same time you posted this message? Technically tomorrow is right (i.e. it would be Friday).

• Advertisement

did you check at 1am the same time you posted this message? Technically tomorrow is right (i.e. it would be Friday).

That’s exactly what happened

Advertisement