Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 12 Pro Max - you in?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,410 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Seve OB wrote: »
    do you have to buy the phone from apple to qualify or if you get one from vodafone would you be able to get it?

can't find on that link any cost?

Click on buy to start to see prices.

You need to select iPhone and sign in to se costs.

You can also buy it through your phone via settings.

Doesn't matter who you bought the phone off.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

digiman wrote: »
    Setting it up now, while it’s not much physically bigger than the 11 pro Max is does feel a lot bigger for some reason.

In Dublin City centre and not seeing any 5G on it yet but have taken the aim out of it now so I can download the update using my 11 as a tethering device.

Im coming from an S10 5G which also has a 6.7 inch screen. The Iphone is a tiny bit smaller in overall size.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Setting it up now, while it’s not much physically bigger than the 11 pro Max is does feel a lot bigger for some reason.

In Dublin City centre and not seeing any 5G on it yet but have taken the aim out of it now so I can download the update using my 11 as a tethering device.

Not sure if you're with Eir, but they say you need a new SIM for 5G. Also, VF are sending me a new SIM (although mine is ancient). However, most info I saw when checking into it said it was down to device, not SIM.

Phones have arrived time to set them up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Think you need a 5g plan with eir to use it? I’m with eir and only 4g on my plan

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I’ve seen an iPhone 12 on gomo with 5G

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Vodafone are showing the blue and black available only but only Black is actually available. Had to ring them as the basket kept timing out

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Do you not need a new 5G sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

godamn i live in bray , could the drivers not start out this way and work their way back in ??? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Mine arrived this morning. Actually, its not mine, it's a Christmas gift for my wife. So it'll stay sealed in the box in the back of the wardrobe, while I watch her struggle with her deteriorating 7 Plus for another month and a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭finno

Anyone get 1 year sup for apple tv?
    I can't see anything with mine

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

No sign of mine.

Ups are never normally this late, ever(use them regularly for work) not holding out much hope for delivery today.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SilentBee

I need to hold the 12 Mini in hand to make the final decision. just pulled out the old 5s from the drawer and while the screen is tiny, it feels amazing in the hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭shanec1928

got mine before lunch, three days early, all set up and running.

Jesus it feels like top class piece of work in hand. It's beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

finno wrote: »

I did with the mini. I spotted it in settings

Hi guys, I got a DHL text there and it’s tracking from East Midlands, that the same as everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Hi guys, I got a DHL text there and it’s tracking from East Midlands, that the same as everyone?

Yeah, you’re probably looking at Monday if it’s there now on DHL.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

When i opened the app it says at the bottom enjoy 1 year free.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Yeah, you’re probably looking at Monday if it’s there now on DHL.

Yeah, it’s says Monday alright. Still, Apple said Tuesday to Thursday as a window so I guess I’m up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 rock2009

Got mine delivered about 30 mins ago... it’s pretty... and bigger than 11 pro max

mohawk wrote: »
    I did with the mini. I spotted it in settings

Where about in settings?
    Chibs wrote: »
    When i opened the app it says at the bottom enjoy 1 year free.

When i open the app its only a 7 day trial

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Where about in settings?

When i open the app its only a 7 day trial

I just downloaded the app and was offered 1 year. Have you ever had a trial with Apple TV before, apparently if you have that’s why you aren’t offer a year free.

F88-C399-E-2899-47-E2-B2-E3-B8-E2-C0-A7495-B.png

Phone is the perfect size IMO. I suppose I’m used to a bigger phone so it’s not an issue. Transferring from Android to IOS is a pain though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Jesus it feels like top class piece of work in hand. It's beautiful.

you're right, it is. I checked one out in harvey norman today. it would be a shame to put a case on it, but i'm not sure whether the new shape is better or worse for grip

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I just downloaded the app and was offered 1 year. Have you ever had a trial with Apple TV before, apparently if you have that’s why you aren’t offer a year free.

F88-C399-E-2899-47-E2-B2-E3-B8-E2-C0-A7495-B.png

not showing for me just the 7 day trial.i never had a trail with apple tv.
    I think i get onto apple to see what is up.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Anyone have any issues with WhatsApp after moving over? Getting loads of waiting for this message.. tried all the solutions online to no avail. Even verified encryption with one person yet still getting that error.

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Anyone have any issues with WhatsApp after moving over? Getting loads of waiting for this message.. tried all the solutions online to no avail. Even verified encryption with one person yet still getting that error.

No, no issues. Just lost all my messages however. But of a dose but manageable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

not showing for me just the 7 day trial.i never had a trail with apple tv.
    I think i get onto apple to see what is up.

I bought a refurb MacBook Pro last November and it only showed me the 7 day trial, not the free year. Got onto Apple via chat, and they sorted out within minutes. Then in February, I got an iPad (also a refurb), and when I activated it, it automatically added and extra free year onto my Apple TV+. So now I have it free until February 2022.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

My phone was in a van in swords at 7am and it's still down for delivery today, never made it to Bray �� ups can't be beaten

Advertisement