Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone managed to Pre Order an iPhone 12 online from Vodafone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭maneno

Kaleb2015 wrote: »
    You can put that number into the tracking window with an post. Mine is showing that it’s in Dublin parcel hub since the 22nd and hasn’t moved since. You wouldn’t mind letting me know if yours shows the same?

just wondering if your an post reference only had numbers as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Kaleb2015

maneno wrote: »
    just wondering if your an post reference only had numbers as well?

Yeah, it’s just a 10 digit number. Same number on the shipping order id and tracking.

Yeah, it’s just a 10 digit number. Same number on the shipping order id and tracking.

and you managed to track it on the an post box? theres hope yet for me so

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Kaleb2015

maneno wrote: »
    and you managed to track it on the an post box? theres hope yet for me so

I did. It showed up on the anpost website on the 23rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭breeno

For anybody who had orders cancelled did it take long for the charge to be refunded back to your card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I ordered on Friday. Still says pending on the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

I received my money back about a week later after they cancelled twice on me.

I received a direct debit letter from them making sure my details are correct? After they cancelled my orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Darren 83 wrote: »

I received a direct debit letter from them making sure my details are correct? After they cancelled my orders?

How were you notified that it was cancelled?

grizzly wrote: »
    How were you notified that it was cancelled?

Via email

You can put that number into the tracking window with an post. Mine is showing that it’s in Dublin parcel hub since the 22nd and hasn’t moved since. You wouldn’t mind letting me know if yours shows the same?

Just an update that phone got delivered today, hope you get yours

• Advertisement

Just picked up the last one in Vodafone local store, surprised how quick the port happened. Eir wanted €250 in store but Vodafone did it for €49.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Tabby McTat

The 12 Pro is out of stock on the VF website. How long would you think it will take to be re-stocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭atlantean

Just picked up the last one in Vodafone local store, surprised how quick the port happened. Eir wanted €250 in store but Vodafone did it for €49.

I thought that Vodafone were only doing “emergencies” in store and not upgrades?

atlantean wrote: »
    I thought that Vodafone were only doing “emergencies” in store and not upgrades?

Open for normal business with restrictions in place

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Graphite one back in stock on the site. No more €100 discount so screw em.
    I’ll get it direct from apple and cancel my contract as it expires tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 106racehill

Hi have u got ur money back yet ? I’m waiting since last Friday also

Hi have u got ur money back yet ? I’m waiting since last Friday also
    Mine is still showing as pending on my online banking. That's for an order placed on Friday last week which was cancelled the same day. I'd say it'll be midweek before it's back. I've since moved to three and had no issues with them so I'm taking a break from Vodafone for a while. Their coverage is excellent (although not as rock solid as before) but customer service has gone down the pan in recent years.

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Same thing happened for me. Twice. So I got 2 DD mandate confirmations in the post despite being cancelled. I was told this was all an issue with pre-orders and to wait till it was available online normally. Ordered again yesterday as they were available, all went through again. I got the cancellation email again this morning :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Trying to talk to them on the phone now. Customer care are useless and just told me to ring Sales. Rang them and they said they can only deal with upgrades so put me through to someone else who is also telling me they can't deal with it and on hold for 30 mins now waiting for him to figure out where I need to be put through to as he was just going to put me back to CC again till I refused and told him they already sent me to him. I have been in and out of Vodafone as a customer over the years and they are by far THE WORST company in Ireland to deal with. The only reason I even try to move back to them is their network is so much better than the competition so I feel the pain of dealing with them is worth it for getting a decent signal everywhere. If only Three could get their act together I wouldn't go anywhere near Vodafone.

I feel your pain. I was transferred all around the houses last week and it felt like everything was just read off a script rather than actually looking into my issue. Terrible customer service all round.

breeno wrote: »
    I feel your pain. I was transferred all around the houses last week and it felt like everything was just read off a script rather than actually looking into my issue. Terrible customer service all round.

I was wondering if possibly my number was still on their system so they saw me as a current customer somehow so wouldn't allow a new customer order so I asked this latest guy to check and he said my number wasn't active but it was somehow seen as a business account. What a mess :confused:

• Advertisement

LFCFan wrote: »
    I was wondering if possibly my number was still on their system so they saw me as a current customer somehow so wouldn't allow a new customer order so I asked this latest guy to check and he said my number wasn't active but it was somehow seen as a business account. What a mess :confused:

Well, that was a waste of 90 mins on the phone to them. They are beyond useless

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ablelocks

breeno wrote: »
    ....Their coverage is excellent (although not as rock solid as before) but customer service has gone down the pan in recent years.

coverage is gone to ****e for me, so much so that I got a 50% discount off my bill since last april. CS agents are all really nice, but they're getting the run around from the technical teams from what i can see. The retail store manager is also sound - she advised me to push for a free upgrade to the iphone 12 pro max when it comes out.

I'm only staying with them because none of the other providers have a family plan as good as Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Vodafone have reduced the 12 pro price by €100.
    AFTER they ran out of stock again. Bunch of muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭atlantean

Blazer wrote: »
    Vodafone have reduced the 12 pro price by €100.
    AFTER they ran out of stock again. Bunch of muppets.

I got a phone call from them during the week telling me that I was due and upgrade so I went through the procedure on the phone with them and when it got to selecting the phone I wanted, an iPhone 12 pro blue 256 they told me they didn’t have any in stock!

I was expecting them to offer me a different iPhone 12 model but instead offered me a Samsung!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭boardzz

I've ordered pro max with Vodafone and was cancelled for no reason. Thought it was glitch so put in another order and now it's just been cancelled.
    Did anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

boardzz wrote: »
    I've ordered pro max with Vodafone and was cancelled for no reason. Thought it was glitch so put in another order and now it's just been cancelled.
    Did anyone else have this problem?

Same here multiple times. Piece of sh*t website. Are you a new customer or upgrading? If upgrading are you definitely out of contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭GraceKav

Hoping this is the right place. Trying to order the iPhone 12 from Vodafone. I’m a current sim only customer out of contract and due an upgrade. Pricing is 250 one off cost plus 60 a month yet someone switching to Vodafone gets the phone free and 59 a month cost. Ridiculous penalizing people for being loyal. Talked to customer service and they were useless.

Anyone think it’s possible to order the phone with a new number as a new customer online then transfer my existing number across later? I’m not techy at all so not sure if this would be awkward or if I’d have to set up from scratch etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

GraceKav wrote: »
    Hoping this is the right place. Trying to order the iPhone 12 from Vodafone. I’m a current sim only customer out of contract and due an upgrade. Pricing is 250 one off cost plus 60 a month yet someone switching to Vodafone gets the phone free and 59 a month cost. Ridiculous penalizing people for being loyal. Talked to customer service and they were useless.

Anyone think it’s possible to order the phone with a new number as a new customer online then transfer my existing number across later? I’m not techy at all so not sure if this would be awkward or if I’d have to set up from scratch etc.

I don't think its possible to transfer the number after the contract is started. It's best to port your number to another network for a day and then buy the phone as a new customer to get the €250 off. Well worth the effort for the saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭GraceKav

I don't think its possible to transfer the number after the contract is started. It's best to port your number to another network for a day and then buy the phone as a new customer to get the €250 off. Well worth the effort for the saving.

Thanks a mil for the advice. Sorry to wreck your head but when you say port to another network for a day, would this be signing up to a contract free monthly plan for a month or something like that? Thanks a mil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

GraceKav wrote: »
    Thanks a mil for the advice. Sorry to wreck your head but when you say port to another network for a day, would this be signing up to a contract free monthly plan for a month or something like that? Thanks a mil.

Not necessarily. I would port my number from Vodafone to a prepay sim from another network. When the port has completed you can then join Vodafone as a new customer and port your number back and avail of the €250 off.

Advertisement