Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone managed to Pre Order an iPhone 12 online from Vodafone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭breeno

atlantean wrote: »
    That’s an awful lot of money to be owed and still not have a phone!

Their entire online system is a total disaster — it’s not rocket science these days to do online sales.

Got an order in earlier and it's since been cancelled. Raging!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,947 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I remember similar crap from Vodafone when I was ordering the iPhone 3GS in 2009. Loads of people, myself included, had orders cancelled. Pricing was all over the place on the website. The whole thing was a mess. Sad to see it hasn’t changed in 11 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

Called my local vodafone store today. They got one iPhone 12 pro in today. Bizarre.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Ordered online last Sunday and the phone turned up this morning . 12 Pro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭DBK1

I could have upgraded to the 12 for €49 earlier in the week or the Pro for €349 when I checked my online account and I said I’d do it at the weekend. Both €200 more expensive now. Very frustrating!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just checked the Vodafone website and the iPhone12 pro is out of stock. Has there been a high demand for the pro ? That seems strange but the site is also offering €100 off when you switch and not 200 as it had been.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Just checked the Vodafone website and the iPhone12 pro is out of stock. Has there been a high demand for the pro ? That seems strange but the site is also offering €100 off when you switch and not 200 as it had been.
    I’ve just been on the Vodafone online chat and queried why it is now €549 for the Pro instead of the €349 it was a few days ago. I’ve been told it was never offered at that price and unless I have a screenshot of the phone at that price then there’s nothing can be done! Did anyone here happen to take a screenshot at them prices?

DBK1 wrote: »
    I’ve just been on the Vodafone online chat and queried why it is now €549 for the Pro instead of the €349 it was a few days ago. I’ve been told it was never offered at that price and unless I have a screenshot of the phone at that price then there’s nothing can be done! Did anyone here happen to take a screenshot at them prices?

I never saw the pro at €349 but maybe it was because the site seemed to have been as mess recently.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I never saw the pro at €349 but maybe it was because the site seemed to have been as mess recently.
    For me it was showing the 12 at €49 and the 12 Pro at €349. I should have known it was too good to be true and just ordered it straight away!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Ludikrus

scunermac wrote: »
    Mine appears to be stuck in the An Post hub. Only reached there last night and the postman has come and gone with no sign of the phone. Won’t be delivered now until Tuesday. Frustrating.

An Post deliver packages on Saturdays, You’ll probably get it tomorrow.

• Advertisement

For me it was showing the 12 at €49 and the 12 Pro at €349. I should have known it was too good to be true and just ordered it straight away!

Fair enough I never saw that price on the pro.

They have admitted to me via Twitter that there is a problem with their website.

I’ve been with them since they came to Ireland (almost 20 years) and every incarnation of their website has been awful. It’s embarrassing that such a major telco cannot bring to market a fit for purpose website for their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭scunermac

Ludikrus wrote: »
    An Post deliver packages on Saturdays, You’ll probably get it tomorrow.

Not if you live in the sticks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭atlantean

Ludikrus wrote: »
    I’ve been with them since they came to Ireland (almost 20 years) and every incarnation of their website has been awful. It’s embarrassing that such a major telco cannot bring to market a fit for purpose website for their customers.

What I don’t understand is from talking to some of my mates in the UK the Vodafone website there, while not perfect, doesn’t seem to be anywhere near as bad as the one we are stuck with!

They suggested to one person on Twitter to use a different browser because they were experiencing a high volume of traffic!!! What changing a browser will do to fix that I do not know.

This ordering issue has been there for an entire week, I do not believe it is caused by a high volume of traffic for the last seven days trying to order an iPhone.

I could have upgraded to the 12 for €49 earlier in the week or the Pro for €349 when I checked my online account and I said I’d do it at the weekend. Both €200 more expensive now. Very frustrating!!

They really do not know what they are doing! I can see them looking for silly money for them once they are back in stock! It’s easy to offer them at pre order at low prices when they just then go and cancel orders placing the customer at the back of the queue.

So what's the thinking at the moment? Should I try and order again? Still waiting on my original refund from a cancelled order yesterday.

Did anybody have any success ordering yesterday?

The agent who was “helping” me via chat told me to clear my browser cache and then try ordering again with a different browser!! It’s bang your head on the desk stuff. I don’t know how I got one in the end. Two orders were cancelled for no reason. The third one went through and is out for delivery today. Pot luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jazzyt

So the 128gb iPhone 12 I pre-ordered last week just got cancelled today!!
    I paid €149.99 for it as an upgrade which appears to be a mistake on Vodafones part as it now costs €349.99 for the same phone. The €200 discount was for new customers only it appears.
    When I ordered it,money was taken from my bank account and I received a contract in my “records” section of my online Vodafone account.
    Was it cancelled due to stock issues or because they charged the wrong price which was their fault??
    Would I not be entitled to demand the phone at the advertised price as it was paid for and I received a contract? The contract states the one off purchase price of €349.99 with the discount of €200.
    Where would I stand on this? Am I wasting my time fighting it or would I be legally entitled to receive the goods at the advertised price?
    Very frustrating if they are out of stock now and i have to get in the queue again because of their incompetence to sell their own products!!

jazzyt wrote: »
    So the 128gb iPhone 12 I pre-ordered last week just got cancelled today!!
    I paid €149.99 for it as an upgrade which appears to be a mistake on Vodafones part as it now costs €349.99 for the same phone. The €200 discount was for new customers only it appears.
    When I ordered it,money was taken from my bank account and I received a contract in my “records” section of my online Vodafone account.
    Was it cancelled due to stock issues or because they charged the wrong price which was their fault??
    Would I not be entitled to demand the phone at the advertised price as it was paid for and I received a contract? The contract states the one off purchase price of €349.99 with the discount of €200.
    Where would I stand on this? Am I wasting my time fighting it or would I be legally entitled to receive the goods at the advertised price?
    Very frustrating if they are out of stock now and i have to get in the queue again because of their incompetence to sell their own products!!

I’d definitely get on to consumer rights about that!

AFAIK a vendor has to sell you the item that it’s advertised at, and in this case they actually took the money from you so I’m sure you have a case. It’s nothing else I would definitely threaten Vodafone with taking that further once you have a copy of the records.

If they accredited your money than the deal is done! You’ve entered a contract with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,947 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I’d definitely get on to consumer rights about that!

AFAIK a vendor has to sell you the item that it’s advertised at, and in this case they actually took the money from you so I’m sure you have a case. It’s nothing else I would definitely threaten Vodafone with taking that further once you have a copy of the records.

If they accredited your money than the deal is done! You’ve entered a contract with them.

It’s not that simple. In the case of a genuine mistake, they don’t have to honour pricing even after taking the order and the money, as they can legally argue that the contract is defective. You’d have to go to court to fight it, and they’d have a fair bit of wiggle room.

https://www.eccireland.ie/ecc-ireland-pricing-error-rights/

They’ve also specifically covered this in their online store T&Cs that you agree to when you make a purchase
    3. Mistakes in Pricing:Our site contains a large number of Goods. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Goods on our site may be incorrectly priced. If we discover an error in the price of the Goods you have ordered we will inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the Good at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing. Please note that if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable, we do not have to provide the Good to you at the incorrect (lower) price.

https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/shop.html

Now, it seems that they weren’t contacting people and offering them the goods for the correct price before cancelling the orders - but elsewhere in the T&Cs they reserve the right to refuse any order for any “legitimate reason”. So the best you could legally hope for is that they should offer to sell you the phone at the correct price - which wouldn’t be much of a victory.

• Advertisement

Took the plunge and ordered again. Hoping this one works or I'll hold off until shops are back open or another network does a decent deal. Might well see something off them on a contract around Black Friday.

breeno wrote: »
    Took the plunge and ordered again. Hoping this one works or I'll hold off until shops are back open or another network does a decent deal. Might well see something off them on a contract around Black Friday.

Well that was a waste of time! Cancelled as well. Time to look at other more competent networks.

breeno wrote: »
    Well that was a waste of time! Cancelled as well. Time to look at other more competent networks.

It looks like you’d have better luck in the lotto than ordering off Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭maneno

anyone got the anpost reference for tracking from vodafone without the letters? only the 9 numbers? customer service arent helping

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Kaleb2015

maneno wrote: »
    anyone got the anpost reference for tracking from vodafone without the letters? only the 9 numbers? customer service arent helping

You can put that number into the tracking window with an post. Mine is showing that it’s in Dublin parcel hub since the 22nd and hasn’t moved since. You wouldn’t mind letting me know if yours shows the same?

Kaleb2015 wrote: »
    You can put that number into the tracking window with an post. Mine is showing that it’s in Dublin parcel hub since the 22nd and hasn’t moved since. You wouldn’t mind letting me know if yours shows the same?

I have but anpost is not recognizing the number? When I look at the FAQs it says there has to be 2 letters at the beginning and 2 letters at the end? Was onto Vodafone yesterday and they say that’s the correct reference number so not sure what’s going on.

This is what I get when I input the reference

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Kaleb2015

maneno wrote: »

I wonder then if they cancelled your order. Lots of people giving out about that happening

• Advertisement

I wonder then if they cancelled your order. Lots of people giving out about that happening

oh dear, its such a mess, will wait and see if there will e any change tomorrow

Advertisement