Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Storm Aiden - Saturday October 31st

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

m17 wrote: »
    V9NuMzf.jpg

where was that pic taken ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Same here in Cork city, very strong winds at the moment.

Seems all very quiet in my area of the city. Raining again though. Always find it strange how localised weather can be.

I was awake yesterday morning around 6 am, and there were some very strong gusts.

I always find these windstorm events very localised, especially in the city.

What was that red warning event we had a couple of months back? Well, that was unreal and scary for me. But other people thought it was a nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Further North and the wind still gusting strongly. Noise keeping me awake :pac:

gozunda wrote: »
    Further North and the wind still gusting strongly. Noise keeping me awake :pac:

Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Seems all very quiet in my area of the city. Raining again though. Always find it strange how localised weather can be.

I was awake yesterday morning around 6 am, and there were some very strong gusts.

I always find these windstorm events very localised, especially in the city.

What was that red warning event we had a couple of months back? Well, that was unreal and scary for me. But other people thought it was a nothing.

It is always very localised in Ireland. Such a small island and the oceans have an effect of changeability. It was like that in Orkney as we were caught between two great oceans .

People are too parochial. If it aint blowing HERE it aint blowin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wild out here. Been asleep a while then just in the dark listening to the familiar windsong and gale memories.

Certainly storm/gale quality wind!

After today a period of s of blessed quietude and peace

Fare thee well, Aidan! You will be remembered with honour! You made your mark and achieved eternal fame....
    Lived up to your name..

West mayo offshore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

m17 wrote: »
    meenogahane pier co kerry

It's a lovely spot. Ventured out there during the summer. Would have been nice getting the sea stack in the shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,666 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Storm comparison table updated to include Aiden (in terms of max gusts).

As always, for those that are new, each cell is colour coded based on the necessary warning level using the official system by Met Eireann.

Yellow = 90-110 kph
    Orange = 111-130 kph
    Red = 131+ kph

All data shown is sourced from Met Eireann.

130 kph (70 kts) wind gust at Malin Head is a joint Halloween record for Ireland with 1999 whilst 93 kph (50 kts) 10-min max mean speed at Malin Head is a new Halloween record beating 89 kph (48 kts) at the same station on Halloween 1970.

SJUo3NQ.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Been fairly wild here all day with torrential rainfall at times. Some strong gusts. Wind still howling in the chimney atm.

Seems much worse today in Cork and very strong gusts at the moment.

• Advertisement

Seems much worse today in Cork and very strong gusts at the moment.

A very warm wind!
    15C and high humidity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Storm comparison table updated to include Aiden (in terms of max gusts).

As always, for those that are new, each cell is colour coded based on the necessary warning level using the official system by Met Eireann.

Yellow = 90-110 kph
    Orange = 111-130 kph
    Red = 131+ kph

All data shown is sourced from Met Eireann.

130 kph (70 kts) wind gust at Malin Head is a joint Halloween record for Ireland with 1999 whilst 93 kph (50 kts) 10-min max mean speed at Malin Head is a new Halloween record beating 89 kph (48 kts) at the same station on Halloween 1970.

SJUo3NQ.png

Great work. That list of storms is getting so long at this stage that I think maybe setting the stations as columns and not rows will fit better...:pac:

Advertisement