Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depeche Mode Tour 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭devotional1993

vin.m wrote: »
    I got my DM tickets in the mail ages ago, but I've gotten other tickets from ticketmaster a couple weeks before the event dates.

Looking forward to Dublin and Bercy. Bercy is The best place to see Dm

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

Anyone know who support will be in Nov? Was hoping for Editors but doubt it now as they're playing Olympia same month...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mrs. Draper

Edited and deleted because I read something about it not being a board for selling/swapping tickets...sorry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

the Jezzabels are supporting DM in Belfast and Dublin

Not too much longer to wait :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Can't wait to see them live, I've never seen them play live, my husband saw them in London back in the 80's.

• Advertisement

you are in for a treat! I saw them on the last tour and they were awesome I'm lucky enough to be going to both Irish gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,903 ✭✭✭paulbok

Awesome indeed. Seen them in Brooklyn a few weeks ago and they were amazing. Great show, sound and performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

The week is upon us. I'm giddy with excitement. Coming up from Cork on the train. I imagine I won't get to explore around much on the day so I'll probably just get a few jars in the bar downstairs in Jury's on the quay where we usually stay [it's a family affair with us so I generally go up with the old man. I've converted plenty of people my own age, I'm 22, but none enough to want to pay to go to Dublin to see them!] then down to the 02 and perhaps the after party afterwards in the Twisted Pepper .

I've loved the set lists so far although as usual the official message board is full of mopes about not having enough B sides from Some Great Reward or whatever. We have plenty of songs from Delta Machine which is good considering how little confidence they had in Sounds Of The Universe live. Barrel Of A Gun, Black Celebration, Condemnation, Higher Love and other oddball choices are all getting played loads again.

Last time I showed up around 10 minutes after the doors opened and the front of the stage had already filled up nicely which was a shame as I would like to have gotten bang up front so this time I'm thinking of heading down around half 5. I can't imagine a huge amount of people would be lined up? In my naivety I keep thinking sure it's only Ireland. We're not completely over the top for them like some countries are but obviously the heads will be there.

Anyway yeah. Excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I've loved the set lists so far although as usual the official message board is full of mopes about not having enough b-sides from Some Great Reward or whatever.

Speaking of Some Great Reward, the version of Stories of Old that they do on the DVD that came with the SOTU box set, the sort of bluesy, guitar-driven one, is great. I was kind of surprised they didn't start working that into their set.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Going to Gary Numan on Friday and DM on Saturday.

A good weekend in any mans language.

• Advertisement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qarRPiTgIS8&list=FLHbQkVCGCB8C_Ig2twclU0w&index=2

Great proshot set from Ausitn City Limits last month.

Dave is having an absolute ball of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

poundhound wrote: »
    Going to Gary Numan on Friday and DM on Saturday.

A good weekend in any mans language.

Same here - 2 potentially great gigs based on past performances :)

Hope you enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭devotional1993

Some weekend coming up folks. People are in for a treat-Ive seen them in London already. The setlist has been changed but hopefully we will get to see "should be higher" from Delta Machine. Outstanding track.
    Usually at this stage they drop a few songs but hopeful of the full setlist
    Also going to Newman Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Newman-Depeche Mode-And the Beatles on sunday:D

....Welllll Get Back: The story of the Beatles.

Some weekend coming up folks. People are in for a treat-Ive seen them in London already. The setlist has been changed but hopefully we will get to see "should be higher" from Delta Machine. Outstanding track.
    Usually at this stage they drop a few songs but hopeful of the full setlist
    Also going to Newman Friday!
    Should Be Higher is going down well live and Sooth My Soul is an absolute strom. As is Angel. Hope they hold on to all of those.

I want But Not Tonight from Mart. It's been the tune of the tour for me. Failing that the requisite Home sing along will do nicely indeed :).

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭dmrules

Hi, cant wait for Saturday...hope they change the set list a bit... would love to hear Alone or Rush or Higher Love...!!!! Have seen them twice in Dublin already and every time the gig was great!!!

Peace!!!

Dmrules

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Its time to drop "A question of time" and "Policy of truth".

They've played those two to death.

The slower versions of "Halo" and "Shake the disease" are the two tunes that Im looking forward to most.

This will be my 6th DM gig and Ive never heard "Shake the disease" live.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cmttc

Hi all,

I have two tickets for sale for the Dublin concert in the O2 of Depeche Mode for this Saturday 09nov13 (start at 18:00) (150 euros for the 2 tickets - seated tickets).

Let me know if anyone is interested...

Thanks

Carine (co. Kildare)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

poundhound wrote: »
    This will be my 6th DM gig and Ive never heard "Shake the disease" live.

I saw Martin do it in Manchester on Touring the Angel and in London on the Counterfeit 2 Tour, but that doesn't mean that I don't really want him to do it on Saturday too. :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Saw their gig on sunday night in Abu Dhabi and was blown away. Was brilliant. Straight into my top 3 gigs ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Anyone any idea what time there on at? Doors I think are 7 would be 8 or 9? Just gotta plan to get there on time for them as have a busy day on Saturday. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

We can't make it and had to cancel the tickets, both absolutely gutted:(

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭deeks

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but here goes:

I'm driving up on Saturday to see Depeche Mode and staying Saturday night. I'm also going to The National on Sunday night and driving home straight after that due to work on Monday morning. The question is can I park in the O2 Car Park on Saturday afternoon and leave it there until Sunday night after the show? Assuming I can, is it going to cost me an arm and a leg?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

deeks wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but here goes:

I'm driving up on Saturday to see Depeche Mode and staying Saturday night. I'm also going to The National on Sunday night and driving home straight after that due to work on Monday morning. The question is can I park in the O2 Car Park on Saturday afternoon and leave it there until Sunday night after the show? Assuming I can, is it going to cost me an arm and a leg?

Thanks in advance.

Yup……

My advice is take it out on Sunday morning as early as you can and park it on the street for free on Sunday and then put it ion the car park for the gig.

Actually, you might be as well off parking it on the street on Saturday night for free (there's loads of free parking near the O2) and leave it there until Sunday.

By the way, I know from previous experience that getting out of the O2 car park after a gig is a nightmare - can take up to an hour and a half! I wouldn't fancy a long drive after it.

I hope every one going has a great time :)
    I'm heading up to Belfast tomorrow spending 2 nights there and then on to Dublin for Saturdays gig :D:D this will be my second (and third) time seeing them live

lets have a BLACK CELEBRATION
    DSC035541.jpg
    DSC037151.jpg

Maybe the Dublin tradition of having a chant for "Boys Say Go!" will live on!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Anyone have a likely setlist for Sat? I take it Welcome to my World will kick it off. Cant wait......

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭dmrules

1. Intro/Welcome To My World
    2. Angel
    3. Walking In My Shoes
    4. Precious
    5. Black Celebration
    6. Policy Of Truth
    7. Should Be Higher
    8. The Child Inside
    9. Shake The Disease
    10. Heaven
    11. Behind The Wheel
    12. A Pain That I'm Used To
    13. A Question Of Time
    14. Enjoy The Silence
    15. Personal Jesus

16. Home
    17. Halo
    18. Just Can't Get Enough
    19. I Feel You
    20. Never Let Me Down Again

I hope they will change some songs in Dublin!!!! Please!!!

dmrules wrote: »
    1. Intro/Welcome To My World
    2. Angel
    3. Walking In My Shoes
    4. Precious
    5. Black Celebration
    6. Policy Of Truth
    7. Should Be Higher
    8. The Child Inside
    9. Shake The Disease
    10. Heaven
    11. Behind The Wheel
    12. A Pain That I'm Used To
    13. A Question Of Time
    14. Enjoy The Silence
    15. Personal Jesus

16. Home
    17. Halo
    18. Just Can't Get Enough
    19. I Feel You
    20. Never Let Me Down Again

I hope they will change some songs in Dublin!!!! Please!!!
    Only things I can see changing are Martin's songs, maybe sub Black Celebration for Barrel Of A Gun or something like that. Can't see them bringing in anything new until after Christmas unfortunately :(.

It's a shame Sooth My Soul is gone. I think everyone is sick of Policy, Question Of Time and I Feel You by now?

Good news is we'll probably be spared Child Inside and if Belfast got Home we're getting But Not Tonight? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭martingore

Was in Belfast last night .. cracking gig .. just hope they freshen the setlist for tomorrow night

Advertisement