Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mooncups

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

I think they’re great and really cut down on costs when you add up how much you’d typically spend on tampons / pads every month. I usually have a heavy two days when my period starts and it’s taken away the fear of leaking or being caught without enough tampons etc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Ps, did ye read about the man who wandered into this thread thinking mooncups were boobs and feels nauseated after reading here :D

No! Where?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I have used one for a few years now and it is the best thing ever. I was a late starter so only used pads about a year...my very religous mother was one of them that believed tampons could take your virginity so she wouldn't let me wear them. My sister started using them though so I started robbing some of hers a few months later then started buying my own.
    Threads on here taught me about cups and after getting my period three days before my ironman in 2015 I decided time was up with tampons...I never like them anyway, always found them uncomfortable and leaky no matter what absorbancy I tried. Got to the point where I was changing my tampon every 2 or 3 hours and it wasn't even full just to prevent leaking.
    Swimming and cycling with tampons was always super uncomfortable too and I could never get a full nights sleep with tampons or pads as I'd wake up uncomfortable..now I wake up and forget I need to clean out my cup because I don't even remember I'm wearing it. :pac:

Never had much of an issue with emptying it away from home and my period is only heavy for a day, I can get home from work at lunch so I'll just go home and clean it out at lunch. If empyting it in a public toilet I just empty it, clean it out with loo roll and put it back in...thats a bit icky putting the warm cup back in :D

Best invention and purchase ever for me, I had to get the bigger cup before I was 30 though (and no kids) - originally bought the smaller cup and it was shifting up too far and leaking all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Tried the mooncup a while back but could not manage it at all, nearly eviscerated myself trying to get it out. Wish I could use it.

Advertisement