Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Glenheron - do you like living there?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lakeroad

Earlsie wrote: »
    I noticed on the way into Glenherron (phase 1) houses there are 5 or 6 houses with the stone cladding removed as well as windows removed and boarded up. Looks like some heafty repair works.

Any idea what's going on.

Cheers.

Supposedly there’s major issues with water penetration into the interior of the house’s and issues with the air tightness.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Captcha

lakeroad wrote: »
    Supposedly there’s major issues with water penetration into the interior of the house’s and issues with the air tightness.

Can you provide more information on this?

How would you test the Air Tightness?

Know anyone who experienced these things and could shed some more light please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

The cladding has been falling off some of the houses and is being replaced. Nothing to do with water penetration or air-tightness.

Captcha wrote: »
    Can you provide more information on this?

How would you test the Air Tightness?

Know anyone who experienced these things and could shed some more light please?

You’re better off speaking with a foreman onsite for more info

The cladding has been falling off some of the houses and is being replaced. Nothing to do with water penetration or air-tightness.

That sounds like a bit of a cover up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

You’re better off speaking with a foreman onsite for more info

The foreman will give you zero information unless you are in one of the affected houses or at the very least living in Glenheron.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

It’s not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Spipov

It’s not.

correct. cladding falling off. this was prepared off site and brought in, not done 1 by 1 when building houses.

no reports of water leakage or air tightness. would not be affected by cladding.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

Hopefully they'll wrap up the work before christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Gforcemurphy

Hopefully they'll wrap up the work before christmas.

BANTERRRR!!!! 🀪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Captcha

It appears Cairn are replacing the cladding on many of the new homes here, with a replacement product. To be announced in the coming weeks.

Assume its going to cost them a lot, fair play to them for making sure people dont have issues in a few years down the line I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

Anyone living in Glenheron with a north facing back garden? If so, did you get any sun in the garden in the Summer months?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ned14

+1

Issues with water penetration or air tightness are not true.

Planning was granted for the new phase, Glenheron C. We were going to buy one of the houses in the remaining phase but may hold off now. Any inside info on when the next phase may go on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mjmorrisroe

€795,000 - 23 Glenheron Walk - Bit Steep !!! But I guess people will pay for it !! https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/23-glenheron-walk-greystones-wicklow/4416551

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

€795,000 - 23 Glenheron Walk - Bit Steep !!! But I guess people will pay for it !! https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/23-glenheron-walk-greystones-wicklow/4416551

Someone turned HDR up to the max on their camera for that ad...

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭seasidedub

795,000 - 23 Glenheron Walk - Bit Steep !!! But I guess people will pay for it !! https://www.myhome.ie/...ones-wicklow/441655

I don't think they'll pay that for it now somehow......

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Cheeseplant

hi all,
    goin to view a type Q later this week. We had a drive through Glenheron at the wkend and really liked it, particularly the area near the playground.
    Any more feedback on how people are finding it there?
    I see type O and N houeses opposite and behind but they aren't in the brochure- why is that?

hi all,
    goin to view a type Q later this week. We had a drive through Glenheron at the wkend and really liked it, particularly the area near the playground.
    Any more feedback on how people are finding it there?
    I see type O and N houeses opposite and behind but they aren't in the brochure- why is that?

Living here a few months. Fantastic area, can’t fault it. House types N and O are social housing. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rollingstones

Hi, We're planning to buy in Glenheron - any recent feedback/reviews on how it is to live there, build quality, neighbours et al?

Any feedback appreciated!

Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement