Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sea green - New Housing development

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Really ?
    Have heard nothing about the builder or Delgany Wood, would love to hear more.

Apparra they are now selling off the plans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Yes I believe the builders have released a number of houses for sale .... Buying off the plans as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

• Registered Users Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Is this the new property market - no advertised prices?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

loyatemu wrote: »

No, it's the oldest trick in the book.
    Don't advertise the prices until you see what the demand is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Ring them and I'm sure you'll get the prices. There was prices discussed at the open/launch evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

On the Sherry fitz website it says "which is due to launch Spring of 2016."
    So I'd imagine the prices will remain "fluid" until then. Its the old law of supply and demand.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Blingy wrote: »
    Ring them and I'm sure you'll get the prices. There was prices discussed at the open/launch evening.

That may give you an "indication" of the price :)
    Prices are only fixed when a contract is signed.

Think 4 beds are approx 480/490 ish

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

:( If the 4beds are that much I dread to think what the 3 bed semis will be priced at or should I say overpriced at!

• Advertisement

Merrilady wrote: »
    Think 4 beds are approx 480/490 ish

Following a Greystones 4 bedroom house search on Daft.ie I would be surprised if they were that cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

2011 wrote: »
    Following a Greystones 4 bedroom house search on Daft.ie I would be surprised if they were that cheap.

Off the plans can be a little bit cheaper, well hopefully anyway

sinead81 wrote: »
    Off the plans can be a little bit cheaper, well hopefully anyway

Perhaps, we shall see.

4 beds starting from €445k, these were the Pre-launch price, so buying off plans.
    3 beds €365/385

Merrilady wrote: »
    4 beds starting from €445k

Interesting.
    Cheaper than I expected to be honest.
    Are they detached? Do you know what size they are?

Not sure of the size, but they are semi detached.
    No info on detached or 5 beds.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭stilltryingit

No measurements given on the floor plans, bedroom 3 in the 3 bed looks tiny

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Garlic Suplmnt

Previews being offered to people who registered interest, the email say that the 3 beds are 'from 395k'

Previews being offered to people who registered interest, the email say that the 3 beds are 'from 395k'

So that is already up from the €365k to €385k "pre-launch" price discussed in post #45.

I'm not surprised.

2011 wrote: »
    So that is already up from the €365k to €385k "pre-launch" price discussed in post #45.

I'm not surprised.

good times...

McCreevy1.jpg?1285781694

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Garlic Suplmnt

good times...

McCreevy1.jpg?1285781694

Haha .. I'm a bit disappointed to be honest as I don't think the opening book prices reflect good value, but if they get what they're looking for then who gives a damn what I think, I suppose. Killed my interest for now anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

any ideas when these are open for viewing?

jobless wrote: »
    any ideas when these are open for viewing?

"Launching March 5th"
    http://seagreengreystones.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

"Launching March 5th"
    http://seagreengreystones.ie/

You think they could proof read their website, especially when the mistake is so obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

the boom is back by the looks of things :-) .. people dressed as sailors around Greystones directing people to sea green, car park wedged, people signing up for unbuilt houses! ... lovely houses and fab views but seriously overpriced imo...

jobless wrote: »
    the boom is back by the looks of things :-) .. people dressed as sailors around Greystones directing people to sea green, car park wedged, people signing up for unbuilt houses! ... lovely houses and fab views but seriously overpriced imo...

I was telling my son as we drove past the "sailors" that this is what it was like 10 years ago, zany property launches and crowds of people milling around show houses. Time for Charlie again :pac:

McCreevy1.jpg?1285781694

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭clocha_liatha

24 sold yesterday apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 40,799 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

I thought they had dropped the Snowdonia viewing thing as a selling point :pac:
    ...and the living rooms will have wall-mounted electric fires.
    They must be copying the Charlesland theme of saving a few quid by building houses without proper chimneys then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

recedite wrote: »
    They must be copying the Charlesland theme of saving a few quid by building houses without proper chimneys then.

In order to get a decent BER rating, an open flue chimney is immediately struck off the necessity list. It's very seldom you see old style open flues in new estate developments these days, the only chimneys now are used for stove units but they cost extra and is not in the interest of the developer. So the trick is, give the best energy rating without putting in expensive items.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement