Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Florentine Centre

Options
  • 27-07-2016 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭

I think this deserves its own thread as it's a major project for Bray.

Planning application has now been lodged.

See Here

Hopefully this gets through quickly and building starts soon.

I wonder what shops will be there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

In before the mention of a Penney's.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Well it could be Penneys or TK Maxx.

What about M&S?

Or maybe Dunnes would move there as their two Bray stores are very cramped and dated.

An Argos would be good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Oh I was just jesting :pac:. Penney's would be good for the town in terms of footfall. I wouldn't personally need one though.

I'd like to see an M&S and Argos , save a trip to Dundrum/Dun Laoghaire for cheaper than GameStop video games. I'd also like to see a good outdoor cafe that stays open past 6pm and serves good bite size food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I'd agree that M&S and Argos would both be great additions to the town. I find myself buying a lot in Argos in the Stephen's Green so would definitely get great use out of one being local.

An M&S with both food and clothes offerings would be ideal but don't know whether that is feasible.

The town also needs some sort of shop for kids' toys/presents to fill the void left by Smyths.

Exciting news nonetheless. I wonder what is the best case scenario for completion of the project?

I'd agree that M&S and Argos would both be great additions to the town. I find myself buying a lot in Argos in the Stephen's Green so would definitely get great use out of one being local.

An M&S with both food and clothes offerings would be ideal but don't know whether that is feasible.

The town also needs some sort of shop for kids' toys/presents to fill the void left by Smyths.

Exciting news nonetheless. I wonder what is the best case scenario for completion of the project?

I read somewhere in time for Christmas 2018. So let's see.

I don't see why an M&S would not be feasible. Big population and would attract people from Greystones/Shankill too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

Argos would be great - it would somewhat fill the void left by smyths too as it can be good value for toys when they have offers on. I'd like a H&M or other similar reasonably priced clothes shop but I'd imagine a penneys is more likely.

It's hard to imagine how the town will cope with the extra traffic...

Argos would be great - it would somewhat fill the void left by smyths too as it can be good value for toys when they have offers on. I'd like a H&M or other similar reasonably priced clothes shop but I'd imagine a penneys is more likely.

It's hard to imagine how the town will cope with the extra traffic...

Regarding trafiic, it will be an issue.

I am conviniced they could sort most of it by doing something with the traffic lights particularly at Corke Abbey and Upper Dargle Road, all out of sequence and they should have sensors to see what traffic is there.

I often wonder if some sort of roundabout could be put in at Corke Abbey junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

As I said when I first read this, I fully expect the 2 anchor tenants to be Finbees and Dealz.

keano_afc wrote: »
    As I said when I first read this, I fully expect the 2 anchor tenants to be Finbees and Dealz.

Ha funny, but I hope you're just joking.

Everyone knows it won't be that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

murpho999 wrote: »
    Ha funny, but I hope you're just joking.

Everyone knows it won't be that.

Joking yes, but lets be honest it wouldn't be a surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭fjon

Argos would be great - it would somewhat fill the void left by smyths too as it can be good value for toys when they have offers on. .

I don't know if there's any truth in it, but I heard the Argos in Dun Laoghaire might not be there for much longer. With that gone there would be a stronger argument for Bray I'd imagine.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Joking yes, but lets be honest it wouldn't be a surprise.

Of course it would be a surprise. I really hate that sort of cynicsm before a project gets off the ground.

The anchor stores themselves are big. 3000sq m an 1137 sq m. So I definitely caan't see a Dealz or Finbees taking the larger store.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I heard the anchor will be heatons

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I heard the anchor will be heatons

I hope not. Could do with something better than that.

Think it's too early yet. Need to get planning approved before confirming shops.

I hope not. Could do with something better than that.

Think it's too early yet. Need to get planning approved before confirming shops.

Why is it too early? Anchor tenants will often sign up first.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Why is it too early? Anchor tenants will often sign up first.

As it's not certain it will be built yet.

As it's not certain it will be built yet.

Amd thats why you get anchor tenants in first!!!

Terry Pratchet

Planning permission has now been granted.

Hopefully this gets built without a hitch now.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭wistfuleyes

Planning permission has now been granted.

Hopefully this gets built without a hitch now.

Great news! Am delighted for the town

Update on Florentine Centre

This is still moving very slowly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Update on Florentine Centre

This is still moving very slowly.
    Yep, sounds like they should be ready to get going just in time to cancel it again when the next crash comes along.

Contracts signed for development of Florentine Centre.

Link

Looks like this is really happening. Saw somewhere else that if they start construction in May it could open in Autumn 2019 which would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭browne_rob5

Contracts signed for development of Florentine Centre.

Link

Looks like this is really happening. Saw somewhere else that if they start construction in May it could open in Autumn 2019 which would be great.

Yes great news and Oakmount have a good track record of delivering high quality projects.

Florence Road Car Park closed yesterday.

Looks like construction is finally starting.

Wicklow News Update

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

At last.

The success or failure of the whole thing is going to depend on the shops that occupy it once it's built though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Alun wrote: »
    At last.

The success or failure of the whole thing is going to depend on the shops that occupy it once it's built though.

the biggest Euro2 store in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Someone told me there is definitely going to be a Penneys and a Wetherspoons in it. ;);) LOL

Calibos wrote: »
    Someone told me there is definitely going to be a Penneys and a Wetherspoons in it. ;);) LOL

Of course but Wetherspoons will be objected to and blocked.:D

Serioulsly I'd expect it will be anchored by Penney's and Dunnes.

TK Maxx would be good.

As well as an Argos.
    Some non big chain shop too.

I'd also expect Burger King and/or Eddie Rocketts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Of course but Wetherspoons will be objected to and blocked.:D

Serioulsly I'd expect it will be anchored by Penney's and Dunnes.

TK Maxx would be good.

As well as an Argos.
    Some non big chain shop too.

I'd also expect Burger King and/or Eddie Rocketts.

I've always wished there was a Burger King in Bray if I'm honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Calibos wrote: »
    I've always wished there was a Burger King in Bray if I'm honest.
    Would way prefer a Supermacs, nearest options are Blackrock or Wicklow...

Advertisement