Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HBO [US] Boardwalk Empire **Spoilers**

• 12-06-2009 3:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭

if this doesn't turn out to be an absolute corker, I'll eat my own feet.

Here's what we know so far:
    Bedford, New Jersey (PRWEB) June 11, 2009 -- HBO has exercised its option to purchase the TV rights to the book Boardwalk Empire. Written by Nelson Johnson and published by Plexus Publishing, Inc., Boardwalk Empire chronicles the politics and corruption of Atlantic City from its birth as a quiet seaside health resort through the notorious backroom politics and power struggles.

HBO has recently begun filming the pilot for Boardwalk Empire, which is being directed by Martin Scorsese. In addition, Scorsese is an executive producer on the series along with Terence Winter, Mark Wahlberg, Stephen Levinson, and Tim Van Patten.

Plexus Publishing has also announced a new trade paperback edition of Boardwalk Empire to be released in fall 2009. The book will be distributed to the trade by Independent Publisher's Group (IPG). The purchase of the TV/Film rights by HBO for Boardwalk Empire marks the first time that Plexus has sold those rights for one of its titles.

Current Cast list:

Steve Buscemi as Nucky Johnson
    Michael Pitt as Jimmy Darmody
    Aleksa Palladino as the wife of Jimmy Darmody
    Michael Shannon as Van Alden
    Kelly MacDonald as Margaret
    Vincent Piazza as a Lucky Luciano
    Stephen Graham as Al Capone
    Anthony Laciura as Louis Kessel
    Shea Whigham as Eli Johnson
    Paul Sparks as a bootlegging funeral director

so we have imput from people with such pedigrees as the Wire, the Soprano's, Entourage and more and that's before we even look at the cast. :)

you heard it here first, trust me this will be something special!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,533 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That sounds really great.

I HBO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,028 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Does sound superb alright..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Wow, big time looking forward to seeing what comes of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

they have some amazing talent lined up for both nsides of the lens. fingers crossed they can gel it all together right and make the most of what they have available to them, because if they can pull that off then we might all have something to finally fill that gaping shield/wire void. :)

EDIT: HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!

I almost forgot my whole reason for stumbling across it in the first place.
    Three actors -- "The Wire" star Michael Kenneth Williams (Omar), Paz de la Huerta and Dabney Coleman -- have signed on to "Boardwalk Empire," the Martin Scorsese-directed pilot about Prohibition-era Atlantic City.

Omar's gonna be back on the box, woohoo! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I'm glad its going to be on HBO

• Advertisement

i seriously can't wait for this, i just have a very good feeling about it. i've never really been a huge fan of stuff set that far into the past, but i think this one's going to be a winner.

from what i've been reading it'll be a good 6 months before we actually get to see it air, but it's got to be worth the wait. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Scorsese, Buscemi, HBO........ Freakin' awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

when i clicked on this thread i said if its not HBO its not gonna be the best new show ever.. but seen as it is i'm quite excited now!

i know!

don't you just get excited right from the very first "skchhh" of the static when the HBO logo comes up at the start of their shows? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

http://www.tv.com/boardwalk-empire/show/75748/summary.html?tag=bighead_video;summary

Scorsese directing?....mini series set in 1920's about gambling mecca Atlantic City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Really looking forward to this, set in the time of the prohibition. Im sure HBO wont fail again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Most expensive pilot in history, $50 million!!

http://most-expensive.net/television-show

[mods - can we merge with this thread? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055590943&highlight=boardwalk+empire]

Threads merged...

the schedule just says fall 2010 so far, so i'm guessing it'll be starting around september time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

aghhh thats so far away..i want to see it now:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

yes please, Good few HBO shows to look forward to this year. I'll be waiting patiently on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

djkeogh wrote: »
    yes please, Good few HBO shows to look forward to this year. I'll be waiting patiently on this one.

What else is coming out this year from HBO?

A Game Of Thrones, The Pacific.....

New Trailer. Buscemi is the king of cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Looks great. Can't wait for this.

can't wait, its looking better and better all the time.

there's actually a new Canadian show just starting called "The Bridge" which seems to be trying to fill the shoes of "The Wire".

i'd recommend having a look to see what you think, it was a little shaky starting off but showed quite a bit of potential imho.

couple of familiar faces in it, most notably Aaron Douglas (Chief Tyrol from BSG).

look out for it anyway. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A new trailer will be shown before True Blood Season 3 premiere on HBO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    A new trailer will be shown before True Blood Season 3 premiere on HBO
    damn i thought it was starting tonight, i need to get glasses, im after tell 5 or 6 people its starting tonight:o, lol:D

from what ive read about it, its based in the 1920s in atlantic city, just as prohibition has been introduced, so it should be a good series, and hopefully will run a few seasons maybe covering the 13 years that prohibition was enforced there, (obviously there will be time jumping if there gonna cover 13 years)

also heard the pilot cost a cool $50mill,

Most expensive pilot in history - $50 million, better be good!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Want!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭donnacha

very excited about this - I must have watched that trailer on the HBO website about 20 times now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Sheeiiiiiiiiit.

Looks awesome.

• Advertisement

^ this could well be some serious "quality/event" tv!

Advertisement