Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual Yet Good Dreams

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Dreamed about cracking an enigma. Financial prize if I did. Tossed and turned about this word combination. Awoke. Went back to sleep picking up where I left off, trying to crack it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Black Swan wrote: »
    Dreamed about cracking an enigma. Financial prize if I did. Tossed and turned about this word combination. Awoke. Went back to sleep picking up where I left off, trying to crack it.
    Bletchley Park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I was talking to my husband this morning before work and he mentioned his dream and it turns out that I had a really similar one! I won't say what we dreamt but it seems our dreams were in sync last night :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Dreamed about a Japanese restaurant chef with knives chopping and serving dinner to me last night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Thoughtlessly draw swords in defense?

• Advertisement

Dream on.

Dreaming that I'm dreaming. Odd sensation.

Fathom wrote: »
    Dreaming that I'm dreaming. Odd sensation.
    Watching Ladyhawke again?

That was on the other night. I love that film :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Lorelli! wrote: »

I've been meaning to watch it. A load of Boardsies have been talking about it recently.

• Advertisement

I've been meaning to watch it. A load of Boardsies have been talking about it recently.

My dad recorded it for me on video when I was a kid cause he knew I'd like it. He just grabbed a tape but didn't get a chance to rewind it so half the film was recorded in the middle of one tape and then when that ended he got another one and recorded the rest on that.

I use to have to watch it between two tapes, fast forwarding and rewinding making sure not to go too far! Still I must have watched it hundreds of times :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

My dad recorded it for me on video when I was a kid cause he knew I'd like it. He just grabbed a tape but didn't get a chance to rewind it so half the film was recorded in the middle of one tape and then when that ended he got another one and recorded the rest on that.

I use to have to watch it between two tapes, fast forwarding and rewinding making sure not to go too far! Still I must have watched it hundreds of times :)

That's quite a lovely story actually! :)

"Maybe I'm dreaming. My eyes are open, which means maybe I'm awake dreaming that I'm asleep. Or, or more likely, I'm asleep dreaming that I'm awake wondering if I'm dreaming."

Dreamed about football. Battled up-and-down gridiron. My team won in final seconds. Awoke happy.

Dreaming that I was dreaming. Must have been influenced by playing that Ladyhawke DVD?

Dinner and movie dream. Awoke hungry.

Studying. Drifted off. Continued studying in my dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭la ultima guagua

Fathom wrote: »
    Studying. Drifted off. Continued studying in my dream.

Getting enough sleep ?

Getting enough sleep ?
    In cycles. Sometimes not enough weekdays. Sleep-in weekends. To compensate. Or just being lazy.

Unusual dream. Had piles of money. Entrusted to several folks. Tried to safeguard. Ran about watching them all. Not reasonable. Why I didn't bank it? Or invest it? Typical nonrational dream.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

I have long dreams that I remember about three nights a week. I can be lucid sometimes in them, although it's not something that I have tried to do.

Had a cool one early this morning. Was dreaming and I heard a knock on the door. I wasn't sure if it was a real knock on my door, or something in my dream. So, I said to myself to bring myself up to that half sleeping / half awake state and see if it happened again. Did that, touched the glass on my bedside to make sure I was kind of awake, but stayed in the dream the whole time as well.

Haven't done that before.

Have a lot of short dreams in between the snooze button in the mornings. One of this morning's was that I was out in snow on a train, and that everything we passed by said something through a speech bubble. I was recording it on my phone to see if the captions came through onto the videos - and they did.

Xaracatz wrote: »
    Have a lot of short dreams in between the snooze button in the mornings.
    So do I. Some fun!

Advertisement