Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Athena.721

Hi, I need help remembering a film title. I cant remember any actors in it only a short bit from the trailer. Theres a couple at home and the woman goes to work or somewhere, the guy is sittin sround at home when something like an earth quake hits and he looks outside and the whole town is covered in ash and smoke. He panics and want to go get his wife but then these guys in big white suits come and tell him the town is quarntined. Thats all I gots. HELP ME!
    :confused:
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Sounds a bit like 'Right at your Door'

I thought it was fairly good film but it gets mixed reviews from people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Athena.721

Thank you so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

mgsrocks wrote: »
    Sounds a bit like 'Right at your Door'

I thought it was fairly good film but it gets mixed reviews from people.

I really liked this film too. Though the "twist" was telegraphed I still enjoyed it. Chilling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

It just popped into my head, and i know i've seen this movie a 1000 times.

All i can remember at the moment from it is one scene that is completely out of context with the rest of the movie.

It's a family setting the doorbell rings all nice and peaceful. Guys at the door are wearing monster masks and start to kill everyone in pretty violent ways. The guy dreaming of this wakes up i think.

What the hell is this movie??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

allanb49 wrote: »
    It just popped into my head, and i know i've seen this movie a 1000 times.

All i can remember at the moment from it is one scene that is completely out of context with the rest of the movie.

It's a family setting the doorbell rings all nice and peaceful. Guys at the door are wearing monster masks and start to kill everyone in pretty violent ways. The guy dreaming of this wakes up i think.

What the hell is this movie??

It sounds like a scene from "Only the Lonely" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUBa7nHTC6c

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Not only the lonely, I want to say scrooged but i know it's not. O shít i remember now! :D An American Werewolf in London.

yay sleep makes brain work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hpereira

Hi people...

Can you just tell me the name the movie that it's represented in this image?

17834_1312483821729_1519669253_30799889_2699458_n.jpg

Thanks a lot! (in addition, i tell you It's nothing to do with Final Destination)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭patch

Kontrol?
    Just a guess from the imagery.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

midnight meat train ?? the one where vinnie jones is kicking balls ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Bit of a hard one,
    Saw it years ago when I was very young.
    This man starts to shoot people from his bedroom balcony after waking up. I think it was set during a world war and he starts shooting the workers who were fenced in.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭tyler71

Schindler's List, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

*Hangs head in shame*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

Went to a German film in Madrid (yes it was dubbed in Spanish) on Tue 21 Sep 2010. I can't remember the Spanish name for it and don't know the German name. The only thing I'm fairly sure of is that it is a recent film, as in the last 2 years It's no longer showing at the cinema where I saw it. My attempts at Googling for recent German film releases have not been fruitful On IMDB German films it only lists popular films in Germany and not German productions.

So anybody know where I can find a list of German films produced in the last few years.

I'm interested to know any other opinions on the film. Like I say I walked out after 20 minutes. Subject of the film was the chaotic life of the host of a reality tv game show, crazy cocaine use, insanely aggressive driving,etc.
    Thanks

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ttmac

Hi,

I'm looking for the name of a kids movie.

Basic plot is a robot lands on earth and a young boy meets and befriends the robot.

Turns out the robot is a battle robot and is designed to take a boy sized being internally who can interact and control the robot.

Its not Iron Giant, or Flight of the navigator.

As far as I can rememver there is a fight in the back of a scrap yard between the boy/robot, and some bullies who were harrassing the boy.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

i was watching a film earlier last week on rte 2. it was about this lad colin who was a joyrider up north (in belfast i think). he was about 17 and he was doing it with two other lads one of whoms name was spud related i think. his dad who was dead was in the ira. they are driving along a country road and they crash and are caught.colin turns informant to avoid jail. but they keep joyriding and the ira catch them. does anyone know what its called i really enjoyed it and want to look it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    i was watching a film earlier last week on rte 2. it was about this lad colin who was a joyrider up north (in belfast i think). he was about 17 and he was doing it with two other lads one of whoms name was spud related i think. his dad who was dead was in the ira. they are driving along a country road and they crash and are caught.colin turns informant to avoid jail. but they keep joyriding and the ira catch them. does anyone know what its called i really enjoyed it and want to look it up.
    A IMDb search for the keyword 'joyriding' gave me 'Peacefire' and 17 other titles.

Sounds definitely like 'Peacefire' though..
    Colin Mc Nally couldn't give a toss about the political situation in the north of Ireland. He's too busy out stealing cars with his mates. But a chance encounter with the a ruthless policeman turns him into an informer for the so-called forces of law and order, and a target of retribution for his father's old mates in the I.R,A. In the violent upheaval that follows, Colin must struggle with the intense loyalty he feels for his mates; the need to protect his mother from her tragic past; and the political ideals of a dead father.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ttmac

Thanks OutlawPete, that's it exactly.

My little boy will love that, well I will at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

thanks a lot basquille thats the one.
    5.6 out of 10 on imdb i'm shocked i tought it was great

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

dohouch wrote: »
    So anybody know where I can find a list of German films produced in the last few years.

Try this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_German_films:_2000s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭geotrig

I've racked my brains over these 2 filsm for weeks and one for years ,

1st on i saw when i was young terrifed me for years! all i seem to remember is this lot move onto a house next to a lake or something .there is an evil spirit / young girl that visits the house that comes out of the lake at the end i think the guy sets teh lake on fire when the evil thing re-enters i think she come back out. Also there is an old woman in neighbouring house that gives them a warning about the house !!! isn't there always!

2nd film:anyone remember that film where at the end the guy in it actually runs across the water tip toes ?som martial arts thing i presuime but can't remember anythign else about it ?

thanks 1st one been bugging me for years !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

geotrig wrote: »
    1st on i saw when i was young terrifed me for years! all i seem to remember is this lot move onto a house next to a lake or something .there is an evil spirit / young girl that visits the house that comes out of the lake at the end i think the guy sets teh lake on fire when the evil thing re-enters i think she come back out. Also there is an old woman in neighbouring house that gives them a warning about the house !!! isn't there always!

This sounds like Superstition (1982)

geotrig wrote: »
    2nd film:anyone remember that film where at the end the guy in it actually runs across the water tip toes ?som martial arts thing i presuime but can't remember anythign else about it

Think this one is Remo Williams (1985)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭geotrig

outlaw pete !:D you are a genius my man that superstition film has bugged e for years and numerous searches brought up nothing off course ! remo williams don't think i would have got that one either !
    thanks a mill mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

I wonder if someone can make something of this.... I've a recollection of seeing a late film years ago whose plot had the basis that humans had progressed from savages to success and riches, then they slowly loose their nobility and become debauched and loose their minds and ultimately they fall back into savagery; all this set around a dark mansion and its gardens. I think the title had the word' savages' in it and it might have had Klaus Kinski in it. Have done the usual google and imdb searches on it but no go...aaaany ideas?!

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭sockpuppets

is it the film "savages"?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069226/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Sounds a bit like 'Savages' but I presume you already saw it on imdb and it's not what you're looking for

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069226/

^beaten to it^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

thanks for the fast replies! ya, saw that on imdb, the plot and name seem right but could've sworn it was in German! that 1972 one wasn't remade later was it? cheers (reason it's in my head i think is because the behaviour of some people these days reminds me of the plot :( !)

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

From what I remember of it, there's little or no dialogue and subtitles in the style of old silent movies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 machat

Hi

I need some help identifying some movies

The first:
    A French / Italian children's movie. It starts in a train, where a father (or uncle) tells stories to a small girl. We follow his three stories. One is about a man who forgot to pay his air bill, and has to rush to the air department to pay his air bill, or his air supply will be cut off. The second story is about a neighbor war that starts with one neighbor shooting a parrot with a handgun, and with a nuclear bomb going off. I cant remember the third one.

Second:
    An old "horror" movie. It starts with a girl, dressed as an angel, driving a white VW Golf, sneaks in to a costume party in a German castle. I cant remember the rest...

Third:
    A hostage movie. Some girl is a house sitter at a hot shot female, but ends up being held hostage by a guy that breaks in, and mistakes her for the house owner. He looks a bit like Bruce Willis IIRC. The two naturally fall in love, and overcome all their hurdles. Its a real B movie, with poor video, sound, and a the boom mike visible a few times.

Does anyone know what movies I am writing about ?

Advertisement