Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazily realistic dreams...

Options
  • 08-11-2017 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭

I suppose I have had these for the last 5 or 6 months, almost every night lately. They can vary from simple everyday things to the most extreme scenario. They are so real that when I wake up in the morning I'm convinced they've actually happened. One that scared me the most was of a friend who I don't see that often, but still a good friend. A lad that is into motorbikes, and I dreamt he came to see me and we had lots of laughs and craic and I watched him leaving my cottage (I don't even have a cottage!), only to see him speeding off around the corner towards home and a big truck came along and I was shouting out, be careful... could see the crash and the truck took so long to stop it had carried him within 3 feet of my front door... And I could see it all.
    Woke up in the morning a bit groggy and went looking up local news for crashes, his Facebook etc... totally shook me, I'm actually still not the better of it.

AND then today, I asked one of the girls in work to get me 'such and such' that arrived in work yesterday... She said, 'what are you on about? '
    I could've, (And still would), swear that I picked up that item and remarked on it ...

How are dreams so crazily real like this?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

twirlagig wrote: »
    I suppose I have had these for the last 5 or 6 months, almost every night lately. They can vary from simple everyday things to the most extreme scenario. They are so real that when I wake up in the morning I'm convinced they've actually happened.
    When teen I used to have such dreams, whereupon I would awake prepared for the worst, only to realise it was just a dream.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

twirlagig wrote: »
    How are dreams so crazily real like this?
    Both awake and dreaming behaviors can form memories.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

RASSIN, E., et al, When Dreams Become a Royal Road to Confusion: Realistic Dreams, Dissociation, and Fantasy Proneness, Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, July 2001, Volume 189, Issue 7, pp 478-481, suggested that "difficulties in distinguishing between dreams and reality may lead to false memories."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,160 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Are you on any meds? I was in Africa for a month a while ago and I was taking an anti malaria drug called malerone and it gave me dreams like you’re describing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

MadYaker wrote: »
    Are you on any meds? I was in Africa for a month a while ago and I was taking an anti malaria drug called malerone and it gave me dreams like you’re describing.

No, nothing apart from the odd paracetamol now and then. I don’t know, it’ll probably pass in time.
    They’re mad though!

• Advertisement

Flying about for work. Sleeping on airplanes. Many "Crazily realistic dreams."

Fell asleep in car while driving. Awoke suddenly to find myself in bed.

Dreamt a HOT dream. Was married. Had 2 children. Hubby wanted more. Seemed so real. Awoke. Wondered what married life and having children would be like?

Ate too much. Slept. Wild dreams!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Woke up, or I thought I had, but in reality I was dreaming such. Made breakfast and greeted my housemate with a plate of food and drink. Began to discuss the day to come, before actually waking up.

• Advertisement

Black Swan wrote: »
    Woke up, or I thought I had, but in reality I was dreaming such. Made breakfast and greeted my housemate with a plate of food and drink. Began to discuss the day to come, before actually waking up.
    Talked in sleep?

Advertisement