Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Turning cold with Frost/ Ice and some Snow (Thursday night/ Friday/ Saturday)

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 waytoowarm

air temp at the moment is -7.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

waytoowarm wrote: »
    air temp at the moment is -7.......

Which country are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

A lot of deaths on the roads last night,
    Of course I don't know the cause of the crashes but the roads were very slippy last night.
    The downside of having frosty conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Ireland and UK from space yesterday, along with a closeup of the northern half of Ireland. Snow cover on high ground has been circled (orange)

184585.jpg

184587.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭smallwonder

A wee pic of the roads yesterday at 9am in Falcarragh. Sorry but I don't know how to load pics!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 patters

Hi, can someone please tel me why this winter isn't no where as cold as last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

patters wrote: »
    Hi, can someone please tel me why this winter isn't no where as cold as last year?

We're getting more of an Atlantic type weather-flow this year due to a very strong W/E jet stream, which is blocking the ingress of the beautifully cold and crisp cooler air to our north.

(This is a guess..the more learned here will correct me I'm sure :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

We're getting more of an Atlantic type weather-flow this year due to a very strong W/E jet stream, which is blocking the ingress of the beautifully cold and crisp cooler air to our north.

(This is a guess..the more learned here will correct me I'm sure :))

I don't think they would, since you are pretty much spot on.

Advertisement