Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night Events Thread - Spoilers Within

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭The White Feather

1-1 going into the third ,I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Why is Kavanagh the one giving instructions between rounds if Gunnar does almost the entirety of his camp without him?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

That was extremely close, tough to call a winner. Think Burns might have edged it.

Either Gunni was just poor in that round or he was injured. Maybe his leg. Just held him against the cage a lot and didn't do anything. Then may have lost the round with that takedown by Burns

• Registered Users Posts: 29,502 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jesus that was poor :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Nelson is bang average. Time for him to hang up the gloves

• Registered Users Posts: 37,604 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Burns won that fight quite clearly 29-28 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He needs to go to lightweight he could be a real force there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Gunnar is just too pedestrian. He needs to seriously pick up his pace in fights.

ricero wrote: »
    Nelson is bang average. Time for him to hang up the gloves

He doesnt seen too interested in fighting often since he had a kid. He's not top 10 and he struggles to do enough to win close fights, striking not good enough and struggles to get into top position with his takedowns. He seems happy enough to compete once/twice a year and bounce around the outer limits of the top 20/25.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Furryglove

Guy Person wrote: »
    Why is Kavanagh the one giving instructions between rounds if Gunnar does almost the entirety of his camp without him?

Ego, Kavanagh is damn lucky he had McGregor in fairness

It's Gunni's decision who is in his corner and dishes out the advice between rounds. If he didnt want Kavanagh there he wouldnt be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Gunnar is just too pedestrian. He needs to seriously pick up his pace in fights.

I think this too. He spends far too long waiting for openings that often never come.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Fair play to Joanna Jedrzejczyk making weight considering she told the UFC last week that she wouldn't be able to. cant imagine the past week has been fun

Fair play to Joanna Jedrzejczyk making weight considering she told the UFC last week that she wouldn't be able to. cant imagine the past week has been fun

Was wondering if it was all a ploy to distract/off-centre Waterson?
    I'm not sure, but that type of scheming something I could easily imagine of her!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

I think Waterson herself has voiced that same suspicion. That'd be some next-level mind games if true although if it really it was it could have back-fired since the UFC offered Waterson a completely different fight that she turned down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

I wouldn't say fair play. Obviously she could make it as she did so why did she say it? Laziness, mind games, negative attitude? No way to say but it doesn't speak volumes about her confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Elliot should have kept that standing, was doing well up till that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Good fight this one

The fights so far have been fun. I hope I haven't jinxed things by saying that now!!

• Advertisement

I hope those two get a reward for that fight

Have to admire Griffin to come back so strong in the third

Gifford took some amount of hits to the head in that round......!!!

Corner need to stop this

Corner should have pulled him out. Don't like seeing this. He looks wrecked

Normally love a KO but that was tough to watch. Gifford should have been stopped by his corner or the ref earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Just tuned in at the start of Round 3 there, didn't recognise that as a UFC contest.

Obviously we all know it should've been stopped long before Gifford was falling untouched due to being battered and exhausted. The only other comment I can bring is I wish we heard as much controversy, outcry and negativity over this refereeing mistake as we would over something like Herb Dean's call between Robbie and Askren. Just because they aren't the main event or superstars doesn't mean they don't deserve the same level of professionalism in the Octagon.

Also, thought corners were getting better at realising there is no benefit to letting their fighter getting knocked out or submitted but not in this case.

Rant over.

Very nice sub by Spann there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Spann ruining my accumulator there, just got into gear quicker than Clark in my opinion.

Another Light Heavyweight match were you walk away thinking who in the world can challenge Jon Jones aside from Santos, been that story in the division for 6 months plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Corner asked Frevola what's 7 + 4? He answered 10...jesus

• Advertisement

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Corner asked Frevola what's 7 + 4? He answered 10...jesus

He got it right the second time tho!! :pac:

Advertisement