Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

rob316 wrote: »
    Faber confirms he's still in the testing pool and looking to come out of retirement.

Do these guys ever know when to quit. He's 40

With more and more money in the sport, fighters can't help themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Another “early” card this weekend, with the main card for Barboza vs Gaethje starting at 11pm our time!

Early prelims - 7:30pm
    Prelims - 9pm

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

God bless ESPN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

potential for huge violence on that card too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,923 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

who needs sherdog and junkie when you got boards

cheers paully, had no idea..happy out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

mailburner wrote: »
    who needs sherdog and junkie when you got boards

cheers paully, had no idea..happy out.

That McGregor threads poison, worse than anything I've seen on sherdog. Just burn it to the ground and start over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Not sure where to ask this so apologies if it's the wrong thread. Does anyone still do the UFC fight predications? I remember there was a boards league once and it was great fun. Has that been retired now?

Not sure where to ask this so apologies if it's the wrong thread. Does anyone still do the UFC fight predications? I remember there was a boards league once and it was great fun. Has that been retired now?

The ufc took that feature off the website unfortunately, it was fun... Until you forgot to do your picks or the picks didn't save :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,923 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

ASOT wrote: »
    That McGregor threads poison, worse than anything I've seen on sherdog. Just burn it to the ground and start over.

I'll take your word for it Asot, I haven't even looked it in the past couple of years for that reason, would want payment for modding it tbh

I was asked to mod here a while back but I don't have the time for it tbh but part of my reply was...

"Aside from all that I couldn't bear to mod the mc gregor thread...can't even bring myself to read it to be honest"

And if I had the time there's no way I could read or mod that muck.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads can we keep the conversation on topic..one McGregor thread is more than enough. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Porthallian

The ufc took that feature off the website unfortunately, it was fun... Until you forgot to do your picks or the picks didn't save :pac:

Ah did they really? That is a shame! Always enjoyed that and gave more of an interest into each fight in a similar way betting does but without the risks :)

Ah did they really? That is a shame! Always enjoyed that and gave more of an interest into each fight in a similar way betting does but without the risks :)

Yeah I'm the same, for the cards I have little interest in I always throw a tenner accumulator on to keep the interest levels up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

dashoonage wrote: »
    potential for huge violence on that card too.
    And a sore leg for Justin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Cain has joined lucha libre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

so no more mma?

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1110754295304081408?s=21

Ariel is a changed man since he moved to ESPN! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Link to this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Paully D wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1110754295304081408?s=21

Ariel is a changed man since he moved to ESPN! :pac:
    What's the background on Ali spreading fairytales about being able to hang with fighters?

He talks so much horseshít it's hard to see the wood from the trees when giving it a google.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

D'Agger wrote: »
    What's the background on Ali spreading fairytales about being able to hang with fighters?

He talks so much horseshít it's hard to see the wood from the trees when giving it a google.
    Take everything he says as horse**** and you'll do grand.

Marshman got a formal warning from the army for fighting at UFC London, he's jacking it in though and will be focusing on mma till time when he officially leaves. Seems like a nice fella I wish him well.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/3/27/18281566/jack-marshman-received-formal-warning-from-british-military-for-fighting-at-ufc-london

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Askren is pushing for masidval in june, calkung him out on twitter

D'Agger wrote: »

Years ago he claimed in interviews to be an olympic judoka, on the Egyptian national team, from a family of judo champions etc. People just took it at face value.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150828021257/http://dominancemma.com/profile.php

Apparently it was all bull****, he made it up in order to get into USA. He was running from fraud charges in Egypt. The guy is a grade A spoofer and fraudster.

https://www.mmanews.com/wsof-matchmakers-olympic-claims-ostensibly-debunked/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Strange one but not against it. Also, the new UFC social media person is fairly funny.

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/1110971655638011904?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Jones v Stipe would be awesome.

Jones v anyone that has a good chance to leave him unconscious would be awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

Wait. Robbie got decapitated by twood like 3 fights ago.

They really want Holm as a champion don't they?

Some cracking fights announced. Jones v Thiago will be an absolute cracker

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Jones v Santos, can't wait for that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Wait. Robbie got decapitated by twood like 3 fights ago.

Believe it or not that fight will be 1 month short of 3 years ago by the time this rematch happens. Woodley has had 5 fights since then and Lawlor has had 3, losing 2 of them!

Probably getting lost in the big fight announcements but Cub is fighting Shane Burgos on the Cowboy/Al card. Great fun fight and big step up for Burgos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Probably getting lost in the big fight announcements but Cub is fighting Shane Burgos on the Cowboy/Al card. Great fun fight and big step up for Burgos.
    Mike Perry v Cowboy Oliveira April 27th is another fun looking fight. Perry stepping in for an injured Jingliang Li.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Looking forward to seeing the Aldo v Volkanovski fight at UFC 237.

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing the Aldo v Volkanovski fight at UFC 237.
    There was talk of Aldo pulling out of that this week as he has/had a bacterial infection but he is better now thankfully.

https://twitter.com/bokamotoespn/status/1110979661016649728?s=21

The day that Justin Gaethje shoots for a takedown is the day that MMA dies forever. :pac:

https://twitter.com/bokamotoespn/status/1110979661016649728?s=21

The day that Justin Gaethje shoots for a takedown is the day that MMA dies forever. :pac:
    Well then consider it dead Paully. R.I.P. :D

https://twitter.com/MMAjunkie/status/1111034700783591433

Imagine elite level (division 1 all American) wrestling and NEVER using it.

The man is a moron. If he fought to his capabilities and didn't limit himself to striking he could be champion, instead he'll be shakier than Freddy Roach in 10 years time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

instead he'll be shakier than Freddy Roach in 10 years time.

This made me sad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I think we're well past who "deserves" this and that. Its all about a good fight. Holm vs Nunes is a great match up. Holm has the range to get to Nunes and keep away from her etc. And they're both "Rousey killers" TM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭VW 1

I love watching Holm though, she is a seriously competent striker and has pushed a lot of these girls very close despite losing. Don't see her beating Nunes, or getting out of round 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

VW 1 wrote: »
    I love watching Holm though, she is a seriously competent striker and has pushed a lot of these girls very close despite losing. Don't see her beating Nunes, or getting out of round 1.

I can't see Nunes coming at her swinging overhands and haymakers though. Could get kicked in the face.

Although I said the same about the Cyborg fight.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

VW 1 wrote: »

I can't help but think she'd be a lot more successful if she didn't telegraph every punch by grunting before throwing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭Inviere

Cejudo v Moraes official

I find Cejudo insufferable as is, can't bear to think what he'd be like as a two division champ :(
    xtal191 wrote: »

Awwh Robbie, can't bear to see him take another loss. Tyron absolutely starched him last time, can't see this one going any differently. Robbie's retirement fight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

henry "im saving the flyweights cause im an Olympian gold medal" cejudo

i hope moraes starches him. UFC just dont give a fcuk about rankings or divisions. it should be another bantam weight fighting for the vacant belt not a 125er

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    henry "im saving the flyweights cause im an Olympian gold medal" cejudo

i hope moraes starches him. UFC just dont give a fcuk about rankings or divisions. it should be another bantam weight fighting for the vacant belt not a 125er

Have to disagree, Cejudo deserves it he knocked out the former BW champ in his last bout and the #1 & #2 contenders at BW were dispatched in a combined 5 minutes by Moraes. It's the fight to make for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Find Henry quite amusing myself. He’s clearly trolling, he pisses himself laughing saying half of his lines.

Anyone see AJ Agazarm last week on Ariel’s show. He was last on, I had never heard of him before but holy jesus what an absolute douchebag. Have not heard a more cringe worthy interview in my life.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Find Henry quite amusing myself. He’s clearly trolling, he pisses himself laughing saying half of his lines.

Anyone see AJ Agazarm last week on Ariel’s show. He was last on, I had never heard of him before but holy jesus what an absolute douchebag. Have not heard a more cringe worthy interview in my life.

I share your sentiment on both of them, I think cejudos gas. Seems like a sound fella. AJ is an absolute arsehole, glad he lost his first fight.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement