Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
18-02-2020, 21:09   #376
Monokne
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Baresi52 View Post
4 euro per graft
Not cheap! But I suppose that's reasonable if you're getting it done here
Monokne is online now  
Advertisement
19-02-2020, 12:34   #377
Tommy Pickle
Registered User
 
Tommy Pickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monokne View Post
What does it cost with him?
It worked out at €4 per graft but it would have been a bit cheaper if I allowed him to shave me bald, I kept the hair on the top of my head.
Tommy Pickle is offline  
19-02-2020, 15:00   #378
Monokne
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Pickle View Post
It worked out at €4 per graft but it would have been a bit cheaper if I allowed him to shave me bald, I kept the hair on the top of my head.
I'm not sure I follow...how would shaving you bald make a difference?
Monokne is online now  
19-02-2020, 15:33   #379
Tommy Pickle
Registered User
 
Tommy Pickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monokne View Post
I'm not sure I follow...how would shaving you bald make a difference?
Its easier and faster to do if you are shaved bald. The norm is shaving bald, a lot of places don't offer to do it unshaved because its more time consuming.
Tommy Pickle is offline  
19-02-2020, 15:55   #380
Monokne
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,465
Ah ok, is there much of a difference in price if you get it shaved?
Monokne is online now  
Advertisement
19-02-2020, 23:35   #381
Rikand
Registered User
 
Rikand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 15,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Pickle View Post
It worked out at €4 per graft but it would have been a bit cheaper if I allowed him to shave me bald, I kept the hair on the top of my head.
It was explained to me that the reason for shaving so tight is because sometimes the transplanted hairs can stick to the longer unshaven hairs and therefore don't always take root properly. Not sure how true that would be.

I used to have quite long hair, even with the receding hair, so I had shaved to a 1 all over back and sides with like 5 on top so when they asked me on the day if I would shave all over for a better result I was like :: " Well, I'm already in for a penny as it is, might as well go in for the full pound. "

So far, I'm glad I did.
Rikand is offline  
Thanks from:
20-02-2020, 09:55   #382
Monokne
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,465
Yeah I'd rather not have it all cut off but for the ease of the transplant I will go for it
Monokne is online now  
Thanks from:
21-02-2020, 13:05   #383
Tommy Pickle
Registered User
 
Tommy Pickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikand View Post
It was explained to me that the reason for shaving so tight is because sometimes the transplanted hairs can stick to the longer unshaven hairs and therefore don't always take root properly. Not sure how true that would be.

I used to have quite long hair, even with the receding hair, so I had shaved to a 1 all over back and sides with like 5 on top so when they asked me on the day if I would shave all over for a better result I was like :: " Well, I'm already in for a penny as it is, might as well go in for the full pound. "

So far, I'm glad I did.
Doesn't really sound convincing to me to be honest. Andre Nel has performed many with unshaved hair and said that his results are the exact same.

Depends what way you are, I didn't want anyone to know I got the transplant so going unshaved provided me with that luxury
Tommy Pickle is offline  
Thanks from:
21-02-2020, 19:09   #384
20/20
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 542
I posted some pics of the amount that had to be shaved off with Ailesbury for my transplant. Post #359.
https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...464801&page=24
20/20 is offline  
Advertisement
21-02-2020, 21:05   #385
Monokne
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Pickle View Post
Doesn't really sound convincing to me to be honest. Andre Nel has performed many with unshaved hair and said that his results are the exact same.

Depends what way you are, I didn't want anyone to know I got the transplant so going unshaved provided me with that luxury
This has piqued my curiousity - was it an exceptionally small area or how did you manage to keep it under wraps?

I know a couple lads who have it done and between the initial transplant and the shedding later on I'd imagine you'd do well to keep it concealed. Not to mention the new hair down the line that wasnt there before!
Monokne is online now  
22-02-2020, 11:41   #386
Tommy Pickle
Registered User
 
Tommy Pickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monokne View Post
This has piqued my curiousity - was it an exceptionally small area or how did you manage to keep it under wraps?

I know a couple lads who have it done and between the initial transplant and the shedding later on I'd imagine you'd do well to keep it concealed. Not to mention the new hair down the line that wasnt there before!
It wasn’t particularly small no, 2500 grafts. Most on the front of the hair line and some for thickening light parts on the temples. So after the 2 weeks off work I was able to cover the grafts with my existing hair that hasn’t been shaved off.

Like I’ve been out with friends 2 weeks after and none of them even batted an eye at me, and anyone I’ve seen since no one has mentioned anything so I’m pretty sure it’s gone undetected
Tommy Pickle is offline  
22-02-2020, 15:57   #387
Monokne
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,465
Fair play
Monokne is online now  
22-02-2020, 20:40   #388
iebamm2580
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 844
same as that had mine 7 months ago with dr nel, nobody noticed as i had kept my existing hair.
iebamm2580 is offline  
Thanks from:
22-02-2020, 21:01   #389
suave.4u
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by iebamm2580 View Post
same as that had mine 7 months ago with dr nel, nobody noticed as i had kept my existing hair.
Buddy, is it starting to grow? Are you noticing any difference
suave.4u is offline  
22-02-2020, 21:08   #390
iebamm2580
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 844
Yeah man looks like most of the grafts are growing or grown back but the hair is thin hair, its the next few months according to dr nel that i will see the major density change. A friend i hadn't seen in a while said i must have had a transplant but i just brushed it off told him i had new barber, none of my close friends have said anything as they see me every few days so wouldnt be a as noticeable. Im hoping/expecting big cosmetic change in next few months when the new hair caliber increases.
iebamm2580 is offline  
(3) thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet