Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-02-2020, 21:09   #376
Monokne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Baresi52 View Post
4 euro per graft
Not cheap! But I suppose that's reasonable if you're getting it done here
Advertisement
19-02-2020, 12:34   #377
Tommy Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monokne View Post
What does it cost with him?
It worked out at €4 per graft but it would have been a bit cheaper if I allowed him to shave me bald, I kept the hair on the top of my head.
19-02-2020, 15:00   #378
Monokne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Pickle View Post
It worked out at €4 per graft but it would have been a bit cheaper if I allowed him to shave me bald, I kept the hair on the top of my head.
I'm not sure I follow...how would shaving you bald make a difference?
19-02-2020, 15:33   #379
Tommy Pickle

Quote:
I'm not sure I follow...how would shaving you bald make a difference?
Its easier and faster to do if you are shaved bald. The norm is shaving bald, a lot of places don't offer to do it unshaved because its more time consuming.
19-02-2020, 15:55   #380
Monokne

Ah ok, is there much of a difference in price if you get it shaved?
Advertisement
19-02-2020, 23:35   #381
Rikand

Quote:
It was explained to me that the reason for shaving so tight is because sometimes the transplanted hairs can stick to the longer unshaven hairs and therefore don't always take root properly. Not sure how true that would be.

I used to have quite long hair, even with the receding hair, so I had shaved to a 1 all over back and sides with like 5 on top so when they asked me on the day if I would shave all over for a better result I was like :: " Well, I'm already in for a penny as it is, might as well go in for the full pound. "

So far, I'm glad I did.
Thanks from:
20-02-2020, 09:55   #382
Monokne

Yeah I'd rather not have it all cut off but for the ease of the transplant I will go for it
Thanks from:
21-02-2020, 13:05   #383
Tommy Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikand View Post
It was explained to me that the reason for shaving so tight is because sometimes the transplanted hairs can stick to the longer unshaven hairs and therefore don't always take root properly. Not sure how true that would be.

I used to have quite long hair, even with the receding hair, so I had shaved to a 1 all over back and sides with like 5 on top so when they asked me on the day if I would shave all over for a better result I was like :: " Well, I'm already in for a penny as it is, might as well go in for the full pound. "

So far, I'm glad I did.
Doesn't really sound convincing to me to be honest. Andre Nel has performed many with unshaved hair and said that his results are the exact same.

Depends what way you are, I didn't want anyone to know I got the transplant so going unshaved provided me with that luxury
Thanks from:
21-02-2020, 19:09   #384
20/20

I posted some pics of the amount that had to be shaved off with Ailesbury for my transplant. Post #359.
https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...464801&page=24
Advertisement
21-02-2020, 21:05   #385
Monokne

Quote:
Doesn't really sound convincing to me to be honest. Andre Nel has performed many with unshaved hair and said that his results are the exact same.

Depends what way you are, I didn't want anyone to know I got the transplant so going unshaved provided me with that luxury
This has piqued my curiousity - was it an exceptionally small area or how did you manage to keep it under wraps?

I know a couple lads who have it done and between the initial transplant and the shedding later on I'd imagine you'd do well to keep it concealed. Not to mention the new hair down the line that wasnt there before!
22-02-2020, 11:41   #386
Tommy Pickle

Quote:
This has piqued my curiousity - was it an exceptionally small area or how did you manage to keep it under wraps?

I know a couple lads who have it done and between the initial transplant and the shedding later on I'd imagine you'd do well to keep it concealed. Not to mention the new hair down the line that wasnt there before!
It wasn’t particularly small no, 2500 grafts. Most on the front of the hair line and some for thickening light parts on the temples. So after the 2 weeks off work I was able to cover the grafts with my existing hair that hasn’t been shaved off.

Like I’ve been out with friends 2 weeks after and none of them even batted an eye at me, and anyone I’ve seen since no one has mentioned anything so I’m pretty sure it’s gone undetected
22-02-2020, 15:57   #387
Monokne

Fair play
22-02-2020, 20:40   #388
iebamm2580

same as that had mine 7 months ago with dr nel, nobody noticed as i had kept my existing hair.
Thanks from:
22-02-2020, 21:01   #389
suave.4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by iebamm2580 View Post
same as that had mine 7 months ago with dr nel, nobody noticed as i had kept my existing hair.
Buddy, is it starting to grow? Are you noticing any difference
22-02-2020, 21:08   #390
iebamm2580

Yeah man looks like most of the grafts are growing or grown back but the hair is thin hair, its the next few months according to dr nel that i will see the major density change. A friend i hadn't seen in a while said i must have had a transplant but i just brushed it off told him i had new barber, none of my close friends have said anything as they see me every few days so wouldnt be a as noticeable. Im hoping/expecting big cosmetic change in next few months when the new hair caliber increases.
(3) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion