Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,346 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sorry to hear that, Auto.

Just out of the shower about to start the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

So I won the euro millions...

... well 20 quid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I'm desperately seeking the energy and motivation to get off my arse and do stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I'm desperately seeking the energy and motivation to get off my arse and do stuff.

Just get up and do it! Once you’re going you’ll be grand Trig!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Home from shopping with mammy :o

Deskside still shocked by something I read in the Q and A thread last night :O.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

The gliiiiiitch :mad:

Kitchenside, having a late breakfast. Will hopefully be a lazy but productive day, want to get some college reading done, and go the the gym but also taking it handy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

....Deskside still shocked by something I read in the Q and A thread last night :O.
    :confused:
    Spill the beans

( in your case it was probably in the tea leaves :p )

Homeside, brain has taken today off :o

Drinking chicory coffee. .......

Whats it called ?

Was Irel coffee based on chicory ? ( :confused: Something to do with Devs trade war with the UK. - Bet S. will know that ins and outs of it )

Think I heard that you can make similar based on dandelions...

and thats another thing.....The French have been known to eat dandelion leaves in a salad. How is it we never seem to do that over here ?

So do I CH, the arthritis has me shook :D
    In bed

When do you start on the Biologic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

0lddog wrote: »
    Drinking chicory coffee. .......

Whats it called ?

Was Irel coffee based on chicory ? ( :confused: Something to do with Devs trade war with the UK. - Bet S. will know that ins and outs of it )

Think I heard that you can make similar based on dandelions...

and thats another thing.....The French have been known to eat dandelion leaves in a salad. How is it we never seem to do that over here ?

I'm not sure about Irel but there's one called Camp, it's a bottle of syrup and I'm told it's an old fashioned drink that's been around for decades.
    This brand is Chikko Not Coffee, it's in powder form.
    We don't seem very into wild greens here. I love the French for Dandelions. Dents de lion...lions teeth.

• Advertisement

A horrible man made my flesh creep in town. Real nasty vibe from him. Today seems to be some kind of test :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

:confused:
    Spill the beans

( in your case it was probably in the tea leaves :p )

Homeside, brain has taken today off :o

Kevin McCloud is not top of honeybears favorite man list !

IdioticGroundedBighornedsheep-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,823 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sitting in the car , contemplating getting a takeaway Mocha , oh , and listening to Roger Whittaker on cd , delighted I found it , perfect easy listening on this rainy day !
    (Ye young ones may google who he is :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Sitting in the car , contemplating getting a takeaway Mocha , oh , and listening to Roger Whittaker on cd , delighted I found it , perfect easy listening on this rainy day !

The young ones probably have to google what a cd is.:pac:

The following picture fits the above as well as a young swedish lady.

Myself will be roadside in a few minutes to my monthly beers 🍻 with fellow vapers. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Bedside. Pondering getting up for tea and a sandwich before shower and work..

Today not going according to plan but we're not fairweather boy-friend/girl-friend. For better, for worse...thy kingdom come...etc etc :)

It's probably fecking Mercury in retrograde again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Got the music on loud and am getting ready to cook a kick ass steak tea. Salivating just thinking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When do you start on the Biologic ?

Was supposed to start on Friday but I’m crippled so I can’t. Can barely walk I ache all over. Bloods coming out of me where it has no business, and I think it’s because every part of me must be inflamed. Tendons are sore, joints are stiff, I’m so very tired. I have what I think is a sinus infection causing migraines and nose bleeds (maybe from the pressure) but the drip is making my throat hurt and my chest hurt. My breathing is even bad. My mind is foggy and I’m just in awful form.

Bit of a delay with the biologicals because I had to have a chest X-ray, pneumonia vaccine and a Tb blood test. The first one came back in definitive and they had to repeat it and that just came back clear this week.

Consultant wants me on biologicals ASAP, he’s like you’ll be well able to inject yourself. The ruemathology nurse wants me to wait for the nursing team. He’s like no that could be another 3 weeks.
    I don’t know if I should start them when I’m not well but I know I’m not well only because I haven’t started them so I think I’ll suck it up and just go for it, I prob be a bit sick initially but don’t see myself getting any better without it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Bloody hell Shoes, we should be taken out and shot!. I'm hobbling from upper back pain, upper ffs! Jaws ache, sinus inflammation, bad paw, bad leg. :rolleyes:

Like the best daddy in the world used to say
    “This house is getting more like a nursing home” and
    “You’re lucky you’re not a horse or you’d be shot!”

• Advertisement

Or as we said at home "sure you're only good for glue" :D

My insides are in flitters but autocorrect would prefer if I said my insides are in glitter :D I should probably be humanely put down too.

Mam of 4 wrote: »

+1 :)

Was a firm favourite of JY on his morning program on The Light Program

Have MP3ed a couple of his LPs

Wonder does he still live here ( in Galway :confused: )

I'm homeside having avoided most of the rain. Think its been wetter today than the day of "The Storm"

Home after a few long days at work, Thai green curry tonight........ & I can't decide..... Red wine or few gin & tonics

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Poolside

Thats very rough on you, Shoes. Do the Rheum support nurses do email support like in Dublin? If they do I'd mail them with, maybe, a pic or two. ( They need to be told what you are going through )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

Couchside in a bright East Clare, watching athletics, food cooked with a bottle of red wine demanding to be opened...

Thats very rough on you, Shoes. Do the Rheum support nurses do email support like in Dublin? If they do I'd mail them with, maybe, a pic or two. ( They need to be told what you are going through )

They want me to join support groups so I can meet others my age with the same condition but misery loves company and I think for my own mental health I need a kick in the bum more than a hug. I have a huge fear of being “disabled” and I think that’s why I push myself so hard with work, so as I don’t get a chance to feel like “I can’t”, because I can do anything I put my mind to

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

On my way into town to a friend's place for a Horror Film Night. Spooktastic!!

Utterly diabolical weather out there...

• Advertisement

We have support groups too but I'd raise a flag with the support nurses if I was in your, um, shoes. Your present situation is the sort of thing they are there for.

I'm TVside watching a repeat of an episode of the real, genuine, Rumpole of the Bailey :) ( i.e. with Leo McKern )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement