Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Film Awards 2014 - Results!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

e_e wrote: »
    I enjoyed both but if anything the results of the animation poll show that more people really need to see The Congress and The Wind Rises.

I've seen both but I preferred Lego Movie and How To Train your Dragon 2. Just cause the First two are made by more respected directors shouldn't take away anything from the two films were picked, they are pieces of art themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Don't get me wrong I liked all 4 movies a lot. Just felt the need to flag up both The Congress for its ambition and audaciousness and The Wind Rises for being such a moving and beautiful swansong from a master.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

e_e wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong I liked all 4 movies a lot. Just felt the need to flag up both The Congress for its ambition and audaciousness and The Wind Rises for being such a moving and beautiful swansong from a master.

The Congress was good but its nowhere in the same ballpark as the directors pervious Waltz With Bashir. I admired its ambition but it didn't quite pull it off.

I agree with you on The Wind Rises, beautiful and moving film with a Werner Herzog voice over if you watched the dubbed version :D. I do think Hayao Miyazaki has done better though i.e Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away.

But How to Train your Dragon 2 was probably one of the best Animated experiences I had in the cinema. It didn't speak down to its audience and was a joyous ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭happysunnydays

If 90% of boards film fans went to see 5 average films while the other 10% went to see the good stuff, those 5 average films would still dominate and win the awards.
    That's how an average film like Grand Budapest did so well.

Advertisement