Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Citroen C5X. Thoughts?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,657 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Fantastic. Hope it gives you many miles of comfortable and happy motoring. What colour and spec did you go for?

Do post a pic when you get it. Don't forget to hide yourself reg number do if you take front or back pics of it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,842 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Hard to understand how the same brand can make too so different feeling cars, especially under the same segment badge.

The C5 Aircross is a dreadful car but the C5X is a very nice drive and will make a good family car for those who are bored of the jeep shaped SUV style.

A couple of minor gripes; its very hard to judge the corners on it with the massive overhangs, so option the sensors. And the seat on the top spec isn't the most supportive, I suspect it could be a DS seat, so get the mid spec interior.

As an alternative, the Pug 408 is here, basically identical to C5X, bit stiffer sprung, bit cheaper inside, but the price reflects that so it'll probably sell pretty well. Same infotainment as all the current Stellantis releases, which is shyte anyway, so its down to your taste in ride and interior materials.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BBG

Will do, it's the 1.6 PHEV with Flair option in Amazon Grey...(looks green to me). Got a cracking good trade-in on our Kia Niro, substantially more than either of our Kia garages in our vicinity. Will posts some thoughts when we have it a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I just can't unsee that, it might fade into a black car but on a white or light colour car it's just so bad. Centring it alone won't fix it.

Either colour code the camera body or move it to the already black bumper, **** like that shouldn't make it past a design review.

Ms

Very nice and you probably got it a lot quicker than if you had ordered a new Niro too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

Ah the Chinese do love a little chrome, here's a C5X with an interesting body-kit and interior!

Ms

It's not bad actually except for the rear wheel covers. I can see Citroen execs looking at this going dam why did we not make it like that.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Yeah, it's not bad, I actually kinda like the interior, the colours / dash remind me of an Peugeot 505 interior that my parents once had.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'm a massive fan of big Citroëns and give a big thumbs up to the interior - it looks great - very Citroën. However, the modified exterior looks awful, imo. That rear wheel arch looks like a pizza slicer gone wrong. For me, those retro look wheels just don't suit the C5X. I much prefer the factory exterior.

So, I have been holding off posting until I had a good spin in our new C5X. Had to travel to Tip today, 80 min drive from my home in Kildare and I really enjoyed my trip. Now, I'm probably the worst person in the world to comment on Sports like performance in cars as I've always happily driven big buses, my first "car" was a battered Hilux and currently, our other car is a camper van built on a '21 Fiat Ducato which I love driving BUT coming from the Nero, the c5X experience is soo far ahead. It feels like a big comfortable cruiser on the motorway that just wants to go faster, not that you'll know that you're going any faster as it's as comfortable doing 150kmph as doing 120km (not that I'd be doing 150km+ because that's ehh...illegal)

Saying that, I've managed to freeze the infotainment once since connecting to my S21 Ultra in the last week which was annoying but, boy do I love wireless android auto and charging. Cruise control and lane assist also work really well, did I mention how comfortable it is cruising? Stopped into Kildare Outlet on the way home and parked up in the charging bays. My neighbors were a new Nero, a Tesla (which looks old in my opinion at this stage) and a BMW mini SUV jobbie with the horrible faux grille. Obviously, I'm biased, but the C5X was the better looker. In fairness, the rest were pure electric models but that didn't stop the BMW driver from doing a double take and having a good nose as I was walking away. In other words, so far, very very happy.

One other gripe (I guess) and it's more that its a shared vehicle between my wife and me, if given the choice again, I would consider the Flair Pack with an electrically adjustable driver's seat if it has a memory option, having lamped my head off the roof after my wife had driven the car and raised the seat. And I mean LAMPED/near concussed/so sore that I had to mention it here. 🤣

• Advertisement

Thanks for the great review, BBG.

Yes the wireless Android Auto is brilliant, but it does have a few flaws, I'm curious how does the C5X deal with both you and your wife in the car together, in relation to wireless Android Auto?!!! Which phone connects in, is there an on screen question? is it the last user connects again? or is it based on the key? We have an Audi Q3 with wireless Android Auto and keyless entry, and it's a real (western problems I know!!) pain somethings, but the car has no idea which phone it should be connecting to?

Ms

My sister has a Clio with wireless Android Auto and the way it choose which phone to pick over her and her former husband was by which phone was the most modern up to date so as his phone was newer it always picked his phone first when they got in the car together. Not sure how she solved it. Not on issue for her now much anyway I think.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Oh, I hadn't though of that scenario, my wife and I have Galaxy S21's so that's not a factor for us, I'm conscious I don't want to derail this thread from the C5X and go down a rabbit hole on infotainment systems here, but I am interested to see if the infotainment systems on the latest car from Stellantis have mastered it yet.

Actually, this is quite nice, we haven't set up yet but when you first start the car, it asks you to select a profile and then just defaults to the device that's present. My phone generally but will set this up today.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

Picked up ours yesterday. So happy with it. So much room in the back, up there with the skoda superb. Went for the feel version & the heads up display is fantastic. Such a comfortable car to drive. Incidentally we were in France for our usual hols in June and only saw 1 in the whole 12 days.

Ms

Congratulations. Well wear. I seen another on the roads a week or so ago. A lovely navy blue 232 one and an old Woman driving it. She looked very happy.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭caddy16

Hey folks, Anyone using booster seats in the back, will it take 3?

Advertisement