Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gamma1

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    RIGOLO may be banned but he will be adding to his legendary status with Mrs RIGOLO's pick OCGN up around 150% pre-market[/quote
    Is there anyway we can plead with moderator to get him back here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

hottipper wrote: »
    Heres the link:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rBukJ1VwJBwVk-_S_gM3xU0cy35a8awExnA2g29XPWw/edit?usp=sharing

Just need to fill out Columns A,B,C and D the rest will be calculated from a feed
    We can use the closing price on friday as the starting point and let it run for the till the end of march. Ill lock it after close on friday so nobody can change it.

Definitely worth making a separate thread for this please.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

listermint wrote: »
    Anyone have a notion of whats happening with AIB on the London. It's gone to 147.... Is there a major error or somewhere brexit related

Trading in sterling now.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

Timmaay wrote: »
    Definitely worth making a separate thread for this please.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=115800754#post115800754
    Done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭littlevillage

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Big falls today for QS and MP.

No particular news.....but they have been flying now for a few weeks ...soo profit taking presumably. Already hold MP will pick up more if it drifts towards $25. Looking to get into QS...at a sensible price. Somewhere around $50 ..maybe.

QS now at $52.... Down nearly 40%

Is it a buy now, I wonder ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Bringing all the spacs down with it, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

What is it, they say.. "take the stairs on the way up.... take the elevator on the way down!!" :D

I'm gonna stand back and see if this car crash.... gets any worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Fastly has taken some beating in the last two weeks. Anyone hear any other news Cisco buying them? Thoughts on 2021

Haven't had a green day since before Christmas with my portfolio.

Alteryx was down 9% at open hovering around 6% now - can't see any immediate reason for the drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Thanks Rigolo for the Ocugen tip! Got in and that and almost doubled money in less than 2 weeks...

Alot of red today... most things are taking a big hit...Just when things had been looking up a little.

Few tech stocks that were doing ok down 5+% today. PLTR is like a yoyo - got out at $25 with a healthy profit but if it drops to $22 I might get back in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

voodoo wrote: »
    Thanks Rigolo for the Ocugen tip! Got in and that and almost doubled money in less than 2 weeks...

Alot of red today... most things are taking a big hit...Just when things had been looking up a little.

Few tech stocks that were doing ok down 5+% today. PLTR is like a yoyo - got out at $25 with a healthy profit but if it drops to $22 I might get back in

Great.. I bought some as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

I dislike watching Degiro on these red days. My portfolio is down about 1.7% today alone. I'm in it for the long haul, but days like this aren't good for the mind!

sternn wrote: »
    I dislike watching Degiro on these red days. My portfolio is down about 1.7% today alone. I'm in it for the long haul, but days like this aren't good for the mind!

I haven't had a green day since before christmas and my DeGiro has been overall red for about 2 years. I know the feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Down nearly 4% today. NIO and SQ only 2 in green

Yeah absolute trainwreck for me. Started at +2% overall and now -6%.. I'm gonna go for a run. No good staring at the screen. I imagine tomorrow will be much of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭roosterman71

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Yeah absolute trainwreck for me. Started at +2% overall and now -6%.. I'm gonna go for a run. No good staring at the screen. I imagine tomorrow will be much of the same.

Careful out there. Went for a run earlier myself and fell and slit myself open! bad day all round :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭LC134

As a noob and inexperienced investor, it’s good to see this and get a reality check. I’ve been fortunate overall with stock picks and tips I’ve gone with. Small-ish money in each position but a run of winners could easily cloud the judgement of a noob like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

Bad auld day for the lads. Ignore the noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Too busy at work to even glance at the markets today. Up the princely sum of 28c for a percentage gain of 0.00%

hottipper wrote: »

I was thinking of changing the date to close of play Wednesday, otherwise people are going to choose the top picks from that other fintwit competition.
    Would that work for everyone? that gives you 2 days to think of 3 stocks

DutchYurt wrote: »
    I haven't had a green day since before christmas and my DeGiro has been overall red for about 2 years. I know the feeling.

What sector's are dragging you down? Covid losses? Did you get in on much of the EV/solar/tech hype across the last 6months? How often do you buy stocks, are you buying the dips or do you let fomo etc get to you? I'm trying not to be bluntly harsh here, but if I were you, given the bull market since last April I'd be strongly questioning my current trading strategies if your still in the red.

But sorry lol, don't worry we all know that feeling at times, them limit down days last march, I'll probably have PTSD from them for rest of my days, to see my account go from +25% to -25% in the space of a week or so ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,687 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Trading in sterling now.

I'm not sure how trading in sterling gives an opening of 1.85 and closing of 142.50 increase of 8589% .

Something else changed perhaps

Digital turbine (APPs) at 51 or 52, and IPOC in the 14s are my picks for tomorrow, Apps has been on a monster run the last year, but nice pullback from its peak, and it will hopefully blow earnings out of the water so I'll take any chance to add the dips. IPOC has an upcoming merger and is also back from its peak of 17, its merging with Clover Health in the US, and the current market cap is fairly low in comparison to Clovers potential growth. Nice pullback on NNDM today also, and Ark invest still adding strong, but I've nearly 8k shares in them as is so better not add anymore lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

listermint wrote: »
    I'm not sure how trading in sterling gives an opening of 1.85 and closing of 142.50 increase of 8589% .

Something else changed perhaps

142.50 is in pence so it's actually £1.425, that might explain it?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

While QuantumScape's ss battery has great potential, there are still challenges to overcome in order to mass produce it. Additionally, QS does not expect to be ebitda positive before 2027.

Not a gamble I'd be tempted by yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,687 ✭✭✭✭listermint

RedRochey wrote: »
    142.50 is in pence so it's actually £1.425, that might explain it?

Looks like a glitch ,

The lSE have removed the percentage increase off AIB now where it was reading over 8000% yesterday it's now blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Digital turbine (APPs) at 51 or 52, and IPOC in the 14s are my picks for tomorrow, Apps has been on a monster run the last year, but nice pullback from its peak, and it will hopefully blow earnings out of the water so I'll take any chance to add the dips. IPOC has an upcoming merger and is also back from its peak of 17, its merging with Clover Health in the US, and the current market cap is fairly low in comparison to Clovers potential growth. Nice pullback on NNDM today also, and Ark invest still adding strong, but I've nearly 8k shares in them as is so better not add anymore lol.
    JUst a word of warning that this usually means a short term dip. Not a guarantee but you'll probably pick this up a little cheaper around it's changeover date (think it's next week). See IPOB/OPEN to see how that dipped in December for example

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭RaggyDays

I'm avoiding UK stocks. Too many unknowns at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

One of my penny stocks NAKD popped up 53% this morning. Had a sell order for 0.25, got filled at 0.33, so nice.
    Will keep an eye on it and buy again at 0.22 or under, seems to yo-yo quite a bit.

What sector's are dragging you down? Covid losses? Did you get in on much of the EV/solar/tech hype across the last 6months? How often do you buy stocks, are you buying the dips or do you let fomo etc get to you? I'm trying not to be bluntly harsh here, but if I were you, given the bull market since last April I'd be strongly questioning my current trading strategies if your still in the red.

But sorry lol, don't worry we all know that feeling at times, them limit down days last march, I'll probably have PTSD from them for rest of my days, to see my account go from +25% to -25% in the space of a week or so ha.

I made some pretty big plays on hype stocks to my own stupidity, Slack being one which I made a small loss on. I'm still waiting to come back from Edesa being the main one which ive stubbornly averaged down into it. All the others I'm DCA'ing so I'm not concerned - and still in Fastly but not overly concerned with my position on it.

The red all started from a weed stock 3 years ago when I was lured into what could be rather then what is and never really recovered.

I also sold one of my main positions literally the week before the march fall into 6 companies to spread my risk and they call got battered. You couldn't have worse timing/luck when it comes to this stuff. I tell myself I'm due a win.

My BTC and 212 accounts are green. But my degrio is woefully red. I'll get there haha

• Advertisement

Zoom could be good to go soon if anybody is interested in it.
    Its still fighting but at nice levels currently might go sideways for a week then back up, one to watch.

Advertisement