Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UGG Thread - Read first post BEFORE posting [Updated 17/11/2010]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Ugh I tried them on, they were glorious :( Can't justify 250£ on another pair of boots all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

eth0_ wrote: »

Hmm, only $200. Might consider getting them on my trip to USA in Jan...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

wow from a guys perspective they are the nicest pair of uggs ever.

I wish I hadn't opened this thread. I was sooo sure of what UGG's I was buying in America next week but this changes everything (

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Are the kensington uggs waterproof do you think? Would love to get a pair but really would nat be practical for me if they were not waterproof :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

hey they look lovely! very tempted to get a pair myself, want them for xmas! My friend bought Uggs from Ebay and they were the real deal...

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Aine5

Ok so i think ive finally made a decision - I'm going to get the cardy uggs in grey - asos now just a little over £90. I seen a few people with them over the weekend, and though they were lovely when I seen them on.

I am going to drop a few hints and hopefully my bf will pick up on it and Xmas day I will hopefully wake up to a pair of Bailey Button Uggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Aine5 wrote: »
    I am going to drop a few hints and hopefully my bf will pick up on it
    Won't happen. B/F's or hubbies, men don't understand subtle hints. You need to point to them and tell him in no uncertain terms that you want those, in that size and in that colour and nothing else will do.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭txt_mess

OldGoat wrote: »
    Won't happen. B/F's or hubbies, men don't understand subtle hints. You need to point to them and tell him in no uncertain terms that you want those, in that size and in that colour and nothing else will do.

+1

Have to second that as a bloke I would be much happier knowing what I have to buy and then knowing there is a happy face when the present is opened on xmas day. Do your bf and yourself a favour march him into the shop try on the ones you like turn to him and say I would love if you bought me these boots and a card for xmas and tell him you'll be standing outside the shop for the next 5 minutes as the queue at the till isn't that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Aine5

Txt_mess you have me laughing here:D

He's usually very good at picking up on my hints, and then there is that nice surprise element on Xmas morning, wondering did he, or didnt he.
    Then again last year was a bit dofferent, as I had an aching back coming up to Xmas, so I hinted on a Spa day, xmas morning arrived and the living room was covered in boxes - a massager - the 1s that you but over a chair, a massage cushion and a neck massager:D
    My hints kinda worked

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 shining star

I just got a new pair of Classic short Uggs in grey and I LOVE them!! I got them on my-wardrobe.com with a discount code......just checked and it's still working. Put in COWSHED at the check out and you get €60 off over a certain spend. I think they cost me €120 plus shipping (€19) which was an absolute bargain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'm thinking of getting a pair of classic long uggs. Are they very tight fitting around the leg? I have chunky legs and I don't think they'll fit me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭popppy

mod Edit: Okay, there is just too many UGG threads going about with more or less the same questions being asked again and again.

If you have a question about UGG boots, please post them in here.

Thank you,

Larianne.

Does anyone know if brown Thomas sells Uggs ? Kensington ugg boots are what I am after.....divine !!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Hopefully more suited to here, moved from tLL.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Post moved to this new thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭xxxevelinexxx

has ne body bought uggs from uggstop.com :) can you recommed it .

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Oh thank god. Thanks Larianne!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Yeah, thank god!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

popppy wrote: »
    mod Edit: Okay, there is just too many UGG threads going about with more or less the same questions being asked again and again.

If you have a question about UGG boots, please post them in here.

Thank you,

Larianne.

Does anyone know if brown Thomas sells Uggs ? Kensington ugg boots are what I am after.....divine !!!
    I saw them in office... they are around 300e waaaay cheap in the us.. 200usd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭popppy

I have a voucher for Brown Thomas so was hoping to get them there but might have a look on line for them, only prob with getting them in US is the flippin tax you have to pay on them......Cheers lala

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Uggs are pretty much sold out everywhere, some shops are getting them in Early January start of February. I work for Fitzpatricks Shoes if im allowed by mods i can tell people when they are coming in, what stock etc.We would prob have the biggest stock in Ireland and have the first Ugg in shop in our Branch in CHQ which means we have a good relationship with them and can get them in quicker.

Uggs are expensive in Ireland hence the temptation to buy them online. However if you are after the Ugg Australia brand everyone wears then dont be surprised if you get a different make, they will be Uggs but maybe not the brand you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Just wondering - can you get wide fitting uggs?

I wouls assume they are all a very similiar fit, i have not heard of specific wide fitting ones but thats not to say they are not out there. Have you tried a pair on before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

lizt wrote: »
    Just wondering - can you get wide fitting uggs?

You can. I have the Ugg Australia ones and they are wide fit. Look for a W beside the size on the label on the inside of the boot.

Magenta im pretty sure W = womens

as the mens Uggs display M (mens)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

Atlas Irl, do you have the Ugg care products in stock in Fitzpatricks at the moment? I already ruined one pair of uggs by not spraying them with the waterproofing spray thing and I want to take better care of my new ones lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭peppapig24

has ne body bought uggs from uggstop.com :) can you recommed it .

If you go onto the main UGG Australia Site they have a list of all authorized retailers in the UK and US and uggstop isnt listed.

nicola09 wrote: »
    Atlas Irl, do you have the Ugg care products in stock in Fitzpatricks at the moment? I already ruined one pair of uggs by not spraying them with the waterproofing spray thing and I want to take better care of my new ones lol!

Yep just rang there we have loads left, there 25 euro.

UGG-CAKT.jpg

In general if someone was buying a new pair we would recommend spraying them once or twice a week with protector spray for a few weeks just to get a bit of protection on them, but for stains the kit or a cleaner at the very least would be needed.

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Magenta im pretty sure W = womens

as the mens Uggs display M (mens)

No, the W fit is wider than the fit of the boots with no W.
    And I wear the Classic Tall and they are only available for women.

• Advertisement

I cant say which is correct but i think all women’s Ugg Australia boots say W… followed by a number.

No, they don't.
    There are no different width styles for the traditional models, like Classic Short, Tall, etc…

Yes there are. Are you sure your boots are real?

Advertisement