Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vegetarians

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

oh yeah. i won't wear leather. and i agree - the joy of searching for shoes... ugh. most dreadded. i bought a formal pair on vegetarian-shoes.co.uk. half-size too big! though, it was my size... bah. i don't reccomend buying on the net! but, if you're desperate...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

There used to ba vegetarian shoe shop on, I think, Liffey st? in Dublin. Anyone know if it's still there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Yes we needed to eat meat to survive as a species and to develop from cave man to the almight man we are today ;) But I think one of the great things about mankinds development is that we can now move away from meat eating, we have developed and farmed so many other reliable food sources that we no longer need meat to survive.

I wear leather shoes as I haven't found any shoe to compare to it, if we can develop a synthetic material as good and practical for shoes then I will use it. I wouldn't wear a leather jacket on principle, plenty of other jackets out there, I wouldn't want a car with leather seats etc either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭kestrel

There used to ba vegetarian shoe shop on, I think, Liffey st? in Dublin. Anyone know if it's still there?

i wish there was :( but i'm afraid not.

i hate shoe shopping. if i know i have to buy shoes for something i usually set aside a whole day to go into town and basically trawl from henry/mary street to stephens green and in between trying to find a NICE pair. at the moment, i have a pair of those canvassy runners, flip flops, and a pair of boots i found. covers everyday wear and going out wear. i can't buy off the net either, cos i don't have a credit card. sigh.

Advertisement