Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vegetarians

Options
  • 15-08-2005 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

firstly id just like to make it perfectly clear that i am in no way prejedous towards vegetarias and the likes. i just want to point out that people that become vegetarions because they think killing animals to eat is "cruel" really dont make any sense because if we as humans had never killed other animals then we would not be he prime species on earth
    (those dolphins i tell you... i smell evil dolphin plots to take over the world!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

firstly id just like to make it perfectly clear that i am in no way prejedous towards vegetarias and the likes. i just want to point out that people that become vegetarions because they think killing animals to eat is "cruel" really dont make any sense because if we as humans had never killed other animals then we would not be he prime species on earth
    (those dolphins i tell you... i smell evil dolphin plots to take over the world!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!)
    we could just enslave them? :)

the whole we are much better than animals(and our ancestors) yet we have to act like them does not fly with me tbh :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

crunching on carrots all day every day,not my cup of tea

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

hmm i hate carots and most veg tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Dip them raw carrots into some hummus then say that!

ha! /me ponders and runs to hummus store room in his house :)

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote:
    Dip them raw carrots into some hummus then say that!
    i thought it said humans for a sec,sorry just my sick mind :D

county wrote:
    i thought it said humans for a sec,sorry just my sick mind :D
    ha! theres your meat requirements sated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Just wondering how many of you vege's wear leather. I myself am a vege (for about 10 years) but I wear leather and I'm just wondering am I in the minority? I'm fairly certain I am going to stop buying leather though.

fair play you will not eat it but you will wear it :)

Have you ever tried eating a pair of Doc Martens? ;)

• Advertisement

better that a macdonalds i`d say

well whatever looks good /dons a carcass :P

no i dont wear leather.but at first concentrate on the food thing(its hard enough), then broaden it to all.

county wrote:
    better that a macdonalds i`d say
    i would say that is only too true..

Actually found stopping eating meat very easy to be honest. But I was never really a big 'foodie', for want of a better word. I eat to stop hunger and survive rather than for the joy of eating.

you have to enjoy food,like a nice bloodly piece of meat,you need something to mop the chips up with you know :)

What do vegetarian worms eat?

hmmm,grain and a variety of fungii :)

Linda McCartney...

was that a joke lol

T'was an attempt. Speaking of, aren't Linda McCartney sausages damn good.

• Advertisement

lol, oh the bed is calling,same time tomorrow night then?

if there was a charter this would be frowned upon :P

i never tried her sausages,must do though.

What would be frowned upon?

mentioning mcdonalds and bad jokes...if i made a charter i would forbid them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭kestrel

i agree that to stop because eating animals is wrong is a pretty dumb reason (we are omnivores, y'know people!) but i turned veggie with this reason (i was 14 and all activisty) but i've come to be a bit more sensible and educated, and i've realised that i'm opposed to the WAY we keep and kill the animals, not the actual meat eating itself. if it was just the case where all animals were free range, healthy, and happy, and killed with the absolute minimum fuss, i probably would have never turned veggie in the first place. i have been asked would i revert to eating meat now if the things i was opposed to stopped, but i doubt it. i'm too used to not eating meat now, and i believe i'm healthier for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Wow, you must be really healthy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭kestrel

Just wondering how many of you vege's wear leather. I myself am a vege (for about 10 years) but I wear leather and I'm just wondering am I in the minority? I'm fairly certain I am going to stop buying leather though.

i don't wear leather and i hate it so much, i can't bring myself to buy anything with fake leather or fake fur...shopping for shoes is FUN :(

if we as humans had never killed other animals then we would not be he prime species on earth

Our intelligence makes us dominant, not our eating habits.

I don't wear leather, not because it's wrong, but because, you know, it's ugly.

I hate vegetables also. People have this idea that veggies adore vegeatables, that they love the taste of it etc.

Good Lord NO!!!!!!!

FX Meister wrote:
    Wow, you must be really healthy!!
    you do know vegetables are in other foods so i dont have to eat them pure.although i hate alot they are a lot i like ,they are just outnumbered and yes i eat very healthy food.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I wear leather shoes. I don't really mind buying leather shoes and don't give it much thought. I've had friends before who were strict enough vegetarians and they felt it was ok to wear second hand leather shoes.

Advertisement