Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF??!!!? - The 'What The F*ck' Thread

Options

Comments

You'd have to wonder what size balls were on the first guy who decided to eat it. He must have been starving...
    I suspect that most "culinary delights" were simply food found when people were starving. After all, it is believed that aged whiskey was develpoed simply by someone finding a lost bottle and found it tasted better after time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ryath wrote: »
    They have it alright.
    http://www.fxbuckleybutchers.ie/meat/beef/ox-tongue.html

Thought you were adventurous! It actually quite nice, tender and has a lovely flavor. Never noticed it must pick up some to try. Haven't actually had since I was a child bar once in a restaurant a few years ago.

We had it over Christmas most years when I was young usually just as cold cuts for teatime. It's not the most appetizing looking cut before it is cooked and peeling the skin off after is certainly is not a job for the squeamish.

Apparently we sell 30 tonnes of them to Japan every month.
    https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/beef/could-beef-tongue-be-the-delicacy-to-crack-the-japanese-beef-market-36325385.html

Oh I am generally. There’s just certain foods I can’t get past. Silly I know. I’ve even been tempted to buy it a few times as it looks quite nice.

Mrs. B’s family would have pig’s ears at family gatherings (remember them?) and it’s another one that I’m like, “nah! you’re grand!” :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Oh I am generally. There’s just certain foods I can’t get past. Silly I know. I’ve even been tempted to buy it a few times as it looks quite nice.

Mrs. B’s family would have pig’s ears at family gatherings (remember them?) and it’s another one that I’m like, “nah! you’re grand!” :)

My parents remember eating crubeens from chippers. For those who don't know, they are boiled pig trotters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭Odelay

My parents remember eating crubeens from chippers. For those who don't know, they are boiled pig trotters.

I’d like to try them, think they could be tasty.
    Don’t know why chicken, duck, legs are ok, but pigs are considered yuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Odelay wrote: »
    I’d like to try them, think they could be tasty.
    Don’t know why chicken, duck, legs are ok, but pigs are considered yuck.

chicken legs, duck legs... yes tasty, but your missing the vital difference here. It's not pigs legs, its pigs feet. Toes, nails, hard skin. There mostly fat but you can get at some lovely meat between the toes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Talking about horrible food :
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Bourdain

He also declared that the unwashed warthog rectum he ate in Namibia[86] was "the worst meal of [his] life",[87] along with the fermented shark he ate in Iceland.[88][89]
    :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭Odelay

chicken legs, duck legs... yes tasty, but your missing the vital difference here. It's not pigs legs, its pigs feet. Toes, nails, hard skin. There mostly fat but you can get at some lovely meat between the toes :)

Ah all within the vicinity of the ground. Much the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

uYU892c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35,720 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Virgin boy eggs... jesus wept...

How is no one talking about eggs cooked in kids piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Keyzer wrote: »
    Virgin boy eggs... jesus wept...

How is no one talking about eggs cooked in kids piss.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47e71411ea7541c045907a4a4680b9c2943bd62192&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 39,069 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Odelay wrote: »
    Ah all within the vicinity of the ground. Much the same.
    Nah.
    We eat animal legs all the time. That what ham (upper) and ham hock (lower leg) are. Lamb shanks. Chicken drumsticks etc.

Feet are a step beyond that. Including chicken feet, which is common in chinese food.

wired-food-steamed-chicken-feet-traditional-hong-kong-chinese-food-picture-id1136378262?s=170667a
    Chicken-Feet-Soup-2-saved-for-web.png?w=600&ssl=1
    DSC_0063.JPG

I'd consider feet in the extreme end of normal. Not quite wild boar arsehole

• Registered Users Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Sorry but I want my chicken minus feet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,960 ✭✭✭✭bnt

No earthquake in the region, but the 71-storey SEG Plaza in Shenzhen, almost 1,000 ft. tall, starts shaking for no apparent reason:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

bnt wrote: »
    No earthquake in the region, but the 71-storey SEG Plaza in Shenzhen, almost 1,000 ft. tall, starts shaking for no apparent reason:

That video really captures the moment :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 13,653 ✭✭✭✭josip

New Home wrote: »

If they hadn't been hogging the middle of the road the ostrich would have been able to get past.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 33,102 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

bnt wrote: »

Was that their version of our dancing sun visions?

I couldn't see anything, other than folk running.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Shake your phone while you're watching it to get the full effect

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Gaspode wrote: »
    Shake your phone while you're watching it to get the full effect

If I could thank this reply 1000 times, i would... doffs cap..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

6AmYCpkZ.jpg

b8q7nwu.jpg

• Advertisement

Human killed by a dinosaur! A rare enough event these days......

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-57226774
    Spanish police are investigating the death of a 39-year-old man whose body was found inside a dinosaur statue.

Authorities were alerted on Saturday after a father and his son noticed a smell emanating from the papier-mâché figure in Santa Coloma de Gramenet, a suburb of Barcelona.

The father then saw the corpse through a crack in the Stegosaurus' hollow leg.

Police said the man had been reported missing by his family, and no foul play is suspected.

Three fire brigade teams were called to scene after the body was discovered, and firefighters cut open the dinosaur leg to retrieve it.

Local media report the man - who has not been named - was trying to retrieve a mobile phone he dropped inside the statue. He then fell inside the decorative figure and was left trapped upside down, unable to call for help.

Advertisement