Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bunker

Options
  • 09-04-2011 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

When I was young, the Cold War was in full swing, and although my family didn't have a bomb shelter I knew some kids whose families did have one.

I've often thought what I'd keep in mine, and still have a rather embarrassing supply of stuff that could be used in emergencies. So much that we never needed to go to the shops in times of >cough< snow emergencies, or in the past, power cuts.

Anyway, this thread in After Hours reminded me. I keep meaning to get a wind up radio (I actually do have a wind up torch.)

Occasionally I think about getting wooden shutters...

Anyone else like me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

I'm obsessed with keeping a store cupboard full of tins (of food) "just in case" :o

You just want to see how crazy we are..don't ya :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

With the decline of agriculture in Ireland over the last 30 years and the fact that we're an Island nation whose supermarkets will run out of food in days if not hours in a crisis, I would imagine that "stocking up" would be more of a need now than ever before..

saying that...me cupboards are nearly bare...

*runs to supermarket to stock up on baked beans*:p

Advertisement