Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snow/Ice warning for Leinster, Donegal, Cavan, Monaghan and Connacht

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Horizontal hail and sleet in D5. Feels like I am on the west coast on one of those really blustery days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Horizontal hail and sleet in D5. Feels like I am on the west coast on one of those really blustery days

Oh you soft east coastians.. what are you like, eh? :P

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Donegal Ken

Latest ukv high resolution run. Attached precipitation type and air temperatures for Sunday morning.

viewimage (9).png

viewimage (10).png

viewimage (11).png

viewimage (12).png

viewimage (13).png

Latest Ukv run for Monday night Tuesday morning showing heavy snowfall across Ulster.

viewimage (14).png

viewimage (15).png

viewimage (16).png

pad199207 wrote: »
    Dry here in Kildare now but bitter

Not stopped here 28.2mm so far
    Working out in in
    Thank God the tractor has a good heater
    Its on full belt competing with the wipers :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Latest ukv high resolution run. Attached precipitation type and air temperatures for Sunday morning.

viewimage (9).png

viewimage (10).png

viewimage (11).png

viewimage (12).png

viewimage (13).png

Seems to go against what M.E are saying with wintry falls lingering in the far North West . Doesn't make it to the far North West on that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Most models do not have the fronts reaching here, aside from on Tuesday.

Status Yellow - Snow/Ice warning for Connacht, Cavan, Monaghan, Donegal, Dublin, Carlow, Kildare, Laois, Longford, Louth, Wicklow, Offaly, Westmeath and Meath

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Wintry falls with some accumulations possible.

Valid: 06:00 Sunday 31/01/2021 to 18:00 Sunday 31/01/2021

Issued: 13:00 Saturday 30/01/2021

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Latest Ukv run for Monday night Tuesday morning showing heavy snowfall across Ulster.

viewimage (14).png

viewimage (15).png

viewimage (16).png

If this cold block has any robustness to it, i'd like to think that will end up trending further south. Also given earlier in the week these fronts were suppose to easily make it northwards it might just happen yet

Going by the latest Met Éireann HARMONIE model run it shows snow across much of Leinster, Connacht and west Ulster tomorrow morning. Then over the afternoon snow and sleet turning back to rain across the south but sleet and snow continuing across north and east Connacht, north Leinster and south / west Ulster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Out there for a ramble with the kids,the wind would cut you in half,thon icy wind

• Registered Users Posts: 23,447 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I'm sure we will get snow here tomorrow but turning to rain in the afternoon which dampens my enthusiasm. May hold on as snow further north and inland though.

I'm sure we will get snow here tomorrow but turning to rain in the afternoon which dampens my enthusiasm. May hold on as snow further north and inland though.

Based on the Harmonie model it will hold as snow across the northern half of Ireland tomorrow afternoon. Will be a interesting few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

It's sooo cold out at the moment with the blowing wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

It would be heaven to wake up to heavy snow.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭highdef

Just saw that. If that's accurate, it shall be busy here tomorrow!

I'm still skeptical of snow near the east coast though, especially lying snow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I just want to go to bed now and get up at dawn :D

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

A Mod might stick a yellow warning on this :)

Might need to update the thread title too, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Going by the latest Met Éireann HARMONIE model run it shows snow across much of Leinster, Connacht and west Ulster tomorrow morning. Then over the afternoon snow and sleet turning back to rain across the south but sleet and snow continuing across north and east Connacht, north Leinster and south / west Ulster.

Lets hope so. I hate when snow turns back to rain.. So i understand Kermit's frustration.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

A Mod might stick a yellow warning on this :)

Might need to update the thread title too, thanks.

done!

Warning from Met Eireann for Sunday:

Status Yellow - Snow/Ice warning for Connacht, Cavan, Monaghan, Donegal, Dublin, Carlow, Kildare, Laois, Longford, Louth, Wicklow, Offaly, Westmeath and Meath
    Met Éireann Weather Warning

Wintry falls with some accumulations possible.

Valid: 06:00 Sunday 31/01/2021 to 18:00 Sunday 31/01/2021

Issued: 13:00 Saturday 30/01/2021

https://www.met.ie/warnings/tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Supercell wrote: »
    My money is on member 5.

unfortunately my money is on number 5 too and maybe less in the way of snow cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Winterstale

A question to the community here please. In your opinion how far inland from the east coast just North of Dublin would their be some confidence for the white stuff? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Poor old Cavan and Monaghan missing from thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭KingJeremy

Supercell wrote: »
    My money is on member 5.
    Don’t say that!! It’s basically skirting right around my locality :-(
    Go for 4 ! Best coverage ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

Hoping for +3cm from this in my area (Cavan)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Member 4 please

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Based on the Harmonie model it will hold as snow across the northern half of Ireland tomorrow afternoon. Will be a interesting few hours.

It’s only really going to snow in the SW quadrant of our area.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement